Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Heated seats  (Read 8058 times)

Kev

• Omega Knight
  • Glasgow
  • .:The OmegaProject:.
    • View Profile
Re: Heated seats
« Reply #15 on: 07 August 2006, 20:07:09 »

Am I right in thinking that on the pre facelift the pad is fixed to the leather cover meaning you have to change the whole seat cover. [smiley=sad.gif]

I think it is the same for both pre and facelift models. If your seats are leather then the pad is sewn in. If your seats are velour then you can just change the pad.

OmegaProject.co.uk .:.  Fuelled with passion...
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/xthreezero/omegaproject/oof-sig.jpg[/IMG]

Salty

• Fleetwood
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 16 August 2006, 12:53:10 »

Not tried the heaters on mine yet but for other reasons I am interested in the instructions for removing the leather cover.

Kev

• Omega Knight
  • Glasgow
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 16 August 2006, 22:06:27 »

Not tried the heaters on mine yet but for other reasons I am interested in the instructions for removing the leather cover.
The seat will have to be removed from the car to change the cover.

It's not a difficult job, but it is fiddly.  :-/
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/xthreezero/omegaproject/oof-sig.jpg[/IMG]

Salty

• Fleetwood
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 17 August 2006, 19:39:55 »

The pocket on the back of passenger seat is hanging off on one side thats why i was interested. I know the heaters work on the rear seats as the kids have been trying to toast each other.

Kev

• Omega Knight
  • Glasgow
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 17 August 2006, 19:48:24 »

The pocket on the back of passenger seat is hanging off on one side thats why i was interested. I know the heaters work on the rear seats as the kids have been trying to toast each other.
Yup, even in the height of summer the kids insist on having the heaters on.

I suppose i'd have been the same if my dad had heated seats in his Viva.  ;)

TheOutcast

« Reply #20 on: 28 August 2006, 22:41:54 »

If these seats are the same as my 96 P reg elite, you don't need to take the seat out to fix the broken pocket.
The pocket is fixed to a plastic panel, which is attached to the back of the seat each with screws at each side.
If it's like mine, the lugs on the pocket will have broken off.
I re-attached the pockets on mine, using small screws, washers, and self locking nuts.
I drilled through the plastic frame on the pocket, where the lugs had been, but not through the pocket itself, so that the screw heads were hidden when the job was done.
I reckon they were better than new. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Kev

• Omega Knight
  • Glasgow
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 29 August 2006, 09:35:57 »

If these seats are the same as my 96 P reg elite, you don't need to take the seat out to fix the broken pocket.
The pocket is fixed to a plastic panel, which is attached to the back of the seat each with screws at each side.
If it's like mine, the lugs on the pocket will have broken off.
I re-attached the pockets on mine, using small screws, washers, and self locking nuts.
I drilled through the plastic frame on the pocket, where the lugs had been, but not through the pocket itself, so that the screw heads were hidden when the job was done.
I reckon they were better than new. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Correct about the pocket, you don't have to remove the seat to fix it.

However, if you're going to be removing any of the leather covers, the seat does have to come out.  :-?

MartinP

• Dudley
    • BMW 320D
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 03 September 2006, 14:07:20 »

Am I right in thinking that on the pre facelift the pad is fixed to the leather cover meaning you have to change the whole seat cover. [smiley=sad.gif]

I think it is the same for both pre and facelift models. If your seats are leather then the pad is sewn in. If your seats are velour then you can just change the pad.

Can you not put a sticky (velour style) heater pad under the exsisting leather pad??

Kev

• Omega Knight
  • Glasgow
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03 September 2006, 14:14:25 »

Can you not put a sticky (velour style) heater pad under the exsisting leather pad??
You could try, i'm not sure how effective it would be though. The leather pad/cushion is quite thick.  :-/

Sir Sideways

• Intermediate Member
  • Sideways in Staffordshire
    • PFL 3.0 Auto Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 23 November 2007, 14:56:08 »

I have got instructions 'somewhere' to remove leather covers.  I'll try and dig them out.  Unless anyone else can tell you.

Bit of an old thread i know but, any luck on finding the info to remove the leather? getting to that time of year again lol. jus need to find some pads though.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 23 November 2007, 15:24:09 »

I have got instructions 'somewhere' to remove leather covers.  I'll try and dig them out.  Unless anyone else can tell you.

Bit of an old thread i know but, any luck on finding the info to remove the leather? getting to that time of year again lol. jus need to find some pads though.

You've checked that you've 12v to the connection to the base of the seat?
Remove the seat from the car - read the info about disconnecting the battery re airbags etc Apart from getting the air bag light on the dash , I should think it's a bit difficult to stuff the airbags back into the side of your seat!  ;) They're heavy too.
The leather covers hold onto a metal channel on the edge of the seat base. The cover has a thick card stitched to the edge of it that tucks up into the metal channel of the seat base. You'll see this when you've removed the plastic covers along the base where the seat switches are. I'm sure you'll work it out. Have a look see at the elements, any damaged bits will be noticable by the scorched bit around it. Remember that the base & lower back sections are wired in series with each other - ie if one section is goosed the lecky can't get to/from the other section. I believe that there are after market heat pads available if need be.

Mr.Slippy

• Manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 23 November 2007, 15:30:31 »

my drivers seat doesn't work either, Im too lazy to sort it, and knowing my luck the airbag would go off!

I'll stick to the curried beans method in the cold morning! parp!

Sir Sideways

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 23 November 2007, 18:37:54 »

When I tested the wires, I checked both sides of the conection under the seat and power is definetly getting to the pad/thermostat.

would it be possible to repair the pad if thats the problem? i.e cut out the burnt part and rejoin it?

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 23 November 2007, 21:59:38 »

would it be possible to repair the pad if thats the problem? i.e cut out the burnt part and rejoin it?

It's worked for me ..... twice. In my Omega & in the Senator before it.

Sir Sideways

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 25 November 2007, 15:31:30 »

great stuff Ill have a look at that next weekend.

Thanks for that
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.