Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Using keys/remote from spare car?  (Read 6505 times)

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
Re: Using keys/remote from spare car?
« Reply #30 on: 17 April 2017, 20:53:07 »

Well done  :y. It looks a bit cold for stripping cars outside  ???

It was a bit warmer yesterday, -6C or something today all day. All went really well for most part, very little trouble. Had to use my Fairlane today for pulling the lift, ran those straps under the Omega and Fairlane behind the Omega to pull the lift with the engine back to the car. Forgot to take pics though damn.
Got the engine and tranny in place, first thing I did was put the engine mount nuts on, then went to work between the firewall and noticed I had two sets of water hoses behind there stuck nicely, took too many hours to get them out.
I also had to use lots of sensor and dis pack from the car as it had square connectors while everything on the donor car had round conmectors.. 1 year difference lol, so silly.

Everything is done on upper side now, was like -8C when I left for home.
Tomorrow:
- Driveshaft
- Downpipes
- Shifter arm
- Tranny bolts

Should be ready to go then I think, fingers crossed...
Bother - I assume you had to swap the crank sensor as well?

Be aware that the crank sensor wiring runs too close to the exhaust manifold - the wiring gets brittle due to the heat. If you disturb it then it may fail soon after so don't be too surprised if you need to fit a new one. :(
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Stige

• Finland
    • -68 Satellite, -97 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 18 April 2017, 05:55:31 »

Well done  :y. It looks a bit cold for stripping cars outside  ???

It was a bit warmer yesterday, -6C or something today all day. All went really well for most part, very little trouble. Had to use my Fairlane today for pulling the lift, ran those straps under the Omega and Fairlane behind the Omega to pull the lift with the engine back to the car. Forgot to take pics though damn.
Got the engine and tranny in place, first thing I did was put the engine mount nuts on, then went to work between the firewall and noticed I had two sets of water hoses behind there stuck nicely, took too many hours to get them out.
I also had to use lots of sensor and dis pack from the car as it had square connectors while everything on the donor car had round conmectors.. 1 year difference lol, so silly.

Everything is done on upper side now, was like -8C when I left for home.
Tomorrow:
- Driveshaft
- Downpipes
- Shifter arm
- Tranny bolts

Should be ready to go then I think, fingers crossed...
Bother - I assume you had to swap the crank sensor as well?

Be aware that the crank sensor wiring runs too close to the exhaust manifold - the wiring gets brittle due to the heat. If you disturb it then it may fail soon after so don't be too surprised if you need to fit a new one. :(

Yup I had to swap it. I had new original sensor and dis pack on the other car so shame to ditch them :(

Stige

• Finland
    • -68 Satellite, -97 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 18 April 2017, 17:37:36 »

Do you need to bleed these some way? Im not getting warm air inside the car at all, or is the heater core clogged? Any tips what to test/check? Also I had my temp gauge go up a little and then it dropped and now shows nothing like in the previous car but it seems to get to operating temps just fine as the single fan inside the cabin starts occasionally.

Stige

• Finland
    • -68 Satellite, -97 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 18 April 2017, 18:22:19 »

Figured it out, apparently the vacuum source to the HBV should not be constant, that is why I wasn't getting warm air inside the car. So now I got one loose vacuum hose behind the car that has vacuum in it and not sure where to put it.

Is this thing perhaps related to the HBV operation by any chance at the back of the engine? Connector goes to it and it has 2 vacuum hoses going to it apparently but I'm not sure from where and to where.
https://puu.sh/vooND/0d5c463dc5.jpg

I also have a problem of very low idle when warm, like sub-500 rpm and it sputters occasionally while idling, runs and revs fine only the low idle seems to be a problem, in the other car it was like 900 rpm but it had a vacuum leak at the back that I couldn't see so I'm not sure what it should even be.
https://puu.sh/vooSz/deb066a795.jpg

I get the check engine light on shortly after I take off at low RPMs or if I go around the town at low revs but when I do a quicker acceleration it turns off almost instantly and stays off usually under my "usual" driving. Need to read the codes tomorrow or something but anyone got any wild guesses?
« Last Edit: 18 April 2017, 18:24:07 by Stige »

MonzaGSE

• Intermediate Member
  • Norway
    • 95 Opel Omega mv6
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 18 April 2017, 18:35:26 »

The thing in your first picture has nothing to do with the hbv. If its at the back of the engine then its the Vacuum actuator for the rear multiram. There are two more of those for the front multiram and the SAI system but theyre both at the front of the engine. A complete drawing of the vacuum system is available on this forum under maintenance guides.

Stige

• Finland
    • -68 Satellite, -97 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 18 April 2017, 18:38:17 »

The thing in your first picture has nothing to do with the hbv. If its at the back of the engine then its the Vacuum actuator for the rear multiram. There are two more of those for the front multiram and the SAI system but theyre both at the front of the engine. A complete drawing of the vacuum system is available on this forum under maintenance guides.

Where does the vacuum hose come from that goes to the HBV then if it's not supposed to be constant?

MonzaGSE

• Intermediate Member
  • Norway
    • 95 Opel Omega mv6
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 18 April 2017, 18:45:29 »

It comes from the cabin/heater. Its just supposed to have Vacuum when the heater is set to cold.

MonzaGSE

• Intermediate Member
  • Norway
    • 95 Opel Omega mv6
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.