Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.2 camsensor wanted  (Read 1543 times)

bluehawk

• View Profile
2.2 camsensor wanted
« on: 09 November 2009, 11:14:53 »

hi any breakers on here got a cam sensor fro a 02 2.2 in need of one.

and if there is a admin who could move this to the parts section i would be very much in your debt

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
Re: 2.2 camsensor wanted
« Reply #1 on: 09 November 2009, 11:22:04 »

[movedhere] Test Zone [move by] Jimbob.

bluehawk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 November 2009, 11:29:30 »

thanks jimbob

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 November 2009, 11:32:23 »

no probs.....as that is the most problematic 2.2 sensor....you may wish to consider new....

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 November 2009, 13:09:43 »

As Jimbob says, i would buy new. They are around £60 from a Vx dealer, and will easily last 100k+

Second hand will be false economy in the long run

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 November 2009, 16:57:21 »

As Jimbob says, i would buy new. They are around £60 from a Vx dealer, and will easily last 100k+Second hand will be false economy in the long run

Mine has only lasted 46k on an '02 CDX (and that's if it's the original factory fit) :(   On the plus side, I obtained a 2nd hand one from welung666 for a paltry sum & it is working perfectly. I will have made back the said paltry sum in weeks through the improved mpg i'm now getting. Yer pays yer money & takes a chance etc but second hand is worth the punt if it's from a fellow OOFer IMO. :y
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 November 2009, 17:21:44 »

As Jimbob says, i would buy new. They are around £60 from a Vx dealer, and will easily last 100k+Second hand will be false economy in the long run

Mine has only lasted 46k on an '02 CDX (and that's if it's the original factory fit) :(   On the plus side, I obtained a 2nd hand one from welung666 for a paltry sum & it is working perfectly. I will have made back the said paltry sum in weeks through the improved mpg i'm now getting. Yer pays yer money & takes a chance etc but second hand is worth the punt if it's from a fellow OOFer IMO. :y

Blimey thats not long! Mine failed at around 105k, no history of it every been changed.

If Vx have reduced quailty on their exhausts, most likey done same with leccy parts  :(

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 November 2009, 22:03:12 »

Blimey thats not long! Mine failed at around 105k, no history of it every been changed.

If Vx have reduced quailty on their exhausts, most likey done same with leccy parts  :(

TBH Tunnie, I am beginning to think my car has a  hidden past, as there appears to be too much 'wear & tear' for a car of this (supposed) mileage. :(

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 November 2009, 22:10:36 »

TBH Tunnie, I am beginning to think my car has a  hidden past, as there appears to be too much 'wear & tear' for a car of this (supposed) mileage. :(

Sadly, they are easy to clock. Actually turning the clock back on the dash can be done on any car, but the Omega interiors ware incredibly well.

Mines showing 127k today, i could put it back to 84k, and you could not tell....

The usual suspects like worn brake pedals can easily be replaced

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 November 2009, 22:16:19 »

Sadly, they are easy to clock. Actually turning the clock back on the dash can be done on any car, but the Omega interiors ware incredibly well.

Mines showing 127k today, i could put it back to 84k, and you could not tell....

The usual suspects like worn brake pedals can easily be replaced

Yep, agreed, my interior looks practically new (until my grandkids or the dogs get their hands on it ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.