Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3.2 mv6 with a few issues?  (Read 723 times)

0795omega

• View Profile
3.2 mv6 with a few issues?
« on: 12 January 2014, 14:57:14 »

hi,all just got above off e-bay transported to me by a fellow on trade plates from southampton to where i live in torquay, all was well he said,gave it a good look over the next day and saw coolant mostly water and at minimum,engine oil black and bit of mayo in filler cap and bit halfway on dipstick but not at bottom! last service in book 2009, and battery sounded a bit tyred also,so gave it a local garage to change coolant/battery and oil/filter,air/pollen/brake pad check etc,got it back and went for a good drive,bleepng from speakers driving me mad every 5 minutes/trafficmaster? spanner in car symbol lit up, car kept running perfectly but noticed gearbox in limp home mode,no flashing s or diodes on selector though? turned engine off and re-started light went off and gearbox normal,been ok today though hasnt done it since,think its done a lot of sitting around as mot history says only done 12,000 in 3 years,the only other discovery is the rad is leaking from the top on pass side,so hoping that explains the low coolant when it arrived,seller knew it was going and just kept putting neat water in! so back to garage tommorow for a new rad and hope thats it!!

SMD

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • :( nowt
    • View Profile
Re: 3.2 mv6 with a few issues?
« Reply #1 on: 12 January 2014, 15:08:33 »

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90581.0

Read the codes and post the results  :y

chrisgixer

Re: 3.2 mv6 with a few issues?
« Reply #2 on: 12 January 2014, 15:57:49 »

Yes see if there's any codes, as said. But sounds like its got a few years of neglect to sort out.

I'd bet the spanner light is the 0420/0430 pre cat issue though. No big worry, and there is a fix with some welding.

Limp mode is concerning though. Might be worth checking the big connector plugs down the back of the battery are secure. :-\
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.