Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Radio Reception & Central Locking  (Read 660 times)

markomega25

• Morden, Surrey, A3 gateway
    • View Profile
Radio Reception & Central Locking
« on: 22 February 2011, 22:08:29 »

No not linked but I thought I would ask both questions in the same post. Facelift Elite 2.5ltr (2000).

1. Just recently the radio reception has started dissapearing (just buzzing) when I turn the rear screen heater on. Is that part of the ariel? The window is clean, could it just be a loose connection?

2. Passenger front central door lock no longer opens, started happening in the recent cold weather and has got a little better these last few days in that it just about locks (slowly) but still wont open. Does it just need lubricating or could it be the micro switch on the motor playing up?

Thanks.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Radio Reception & Central Locking
« Reply #1 on: 22 February 2011, 22:16:58 »

1.  ....(just buzzing) when I turn the rear screen heater on. Is that part of the ariel? .
Yes! :y

.... could it just be a loose connection?.
Yes!  :y

2. Passenger front central door lock no longer opens,  ...... Does it just need lubricating or could it be the micro switch on the motor playing up?

Thanks.
That's your first cheap cure. A coat of looking at and a liberal spray with a sticky lub eg chain lub can often fix it. If not, there's a guide re stripping a locking motor & replacing the switches in them.  ;)
« Last Edit: 22 February 2011, 22:18:11 by Andy_B »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.