Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: strange rpm  (Read 3209 times)

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
Re: strange rpm
« Reply #15 on: 12 May 2017, 22:38:08 »

I'm breaking a 2.2 auto that drove fine if you want/need any bit's n bob's

Do you have an original cam sensor?

Yup
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Andy A

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol UK
    • Omega 2.2i CD manual 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 14 May 2017, 09:45:57 »

I've got similar symptoms (and similar car) with power lose, but only once a month or so. For me, driving with my own leg (not with cruise control I mean ;) ) the car feels to shut down or something, drive just stops for a second and then comes back and drives normally. No codes after that showing. My bet is that there is something wrong with wiring's or connectors between throttle body and pedal.

For high idle, again, I had same symptoms. It was caused by cracked exhaust manifold and leaking pipe joint after 2nd lambda. Fixing those fixed hanging revs, especially when cold engine.

When I last had the MOT done in March there was an advisory. Rear Exhaust has a minor leak of exhaust gases (7.1.2). If this got worse could it be causing the high revs?

mandula

• Finland
    • Opel Omega -03, Z22XE man
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 14 May 2017, 12:36:23 »

I've got similar symptoms (and similar car) with power lose, but only once a month or so. For me, driving with my own leg (not with cruise control I mean ;) ) the car feels to shut down or something, drive just stops for a second and then comes back and drives normally. No codes after that showing. My bet is that there is something wrong with wiring's or connectors between throttle body and pedal.

For high idle, again, I had same symptoms. It was caused by cracked exhaust manifold and leaking pipe joint after 2nd lambda. Fixing those fixed hanging revs, especially when cold engine.

When I last had the MOT done in March there was an advisory. Rear Exhaust has a minor leak of exhaust gases (7.1.2). If this got worse could it be causing the high revs?

Don't know, but i quess that if only the rear exhaust has a leak, it should not mess up the idle. Mine was just near 2nd lambda and it really made idle messy.

I bet that if you take off the exhaust manifold cover there is a big crack on manifold (if still original). That wont show on MOT, or at least not at my case, but will cause revs to hang.
« Last Edit: 14 May 2017, 12:38:36 by mandula »

Andy A

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 15 May 2017, 09:24:18 »

Don't know, but i quess that if only the rear exhaust has a leak, it should not mess up the idle. Mine was just near 2nd lambda and it really made idle messy.

I bet that if you take off the exhaust manifold cover there is a big crack on manifold (if still original). That wont show on MOT, or at least not at my case, but will cause revs to hang.

When the rain stops I'll take the shield off and have a look.  :y Did notice when I bought the car years ago the shield had a bolt snapped off/missing.

Andy A

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 22 July 2017, 17:05:14 »

There was a crack in the exhaust manifold under the heat shield and with one bolt already snapped off before I got the car, I guess it can stay that way until it fails the MOT.
Thanks all for your help.  :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.