Author Topic: Greece  (Read 2141 times)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: Greece
« Reply #15 on: 02 July 2015, 15:23:16 »

Am I the only one who doesn't give a shit?
Nope

Me neither, what will be will be.

Its hardly fair on the countries making the effort to cut costs and recover taxes in order to balance the books

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02 July 2015, 16:21:31 »

I'm glad that you are happy with the £220 bill you are about to get indirectly from our banks to cover the £10.8bn they have lent to Greece. Add in the UK Government losses through the EU and IMF and that should round it out to at least a £500 personal contribution to funding the Greek's pensions and polificate lifestyle. If you want to contribute further, go to the private crowdfunding Greek bailout fund on the Internet.

Personally, I not happy that my hard earnt money is being used in this way, but each to their own.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

The Sheriff

« Reply #17 on: 02 July 2015, 16:33:20 »

I'm glad that you are happy with the £220 bill you are about to get indirectly from our banks to cover the £10.8bn they have lent to Greece. Add in the UK Government losses through the EU and IMF and that should round it out to at least a £500 personal contribution to funding the Greek's pensions and polificate lifestyle. If you want to contribute further, go to the private crowdfunding Greek bailout fund on the Internet.

Personally, I not happy that my hard earnt money is being used in this way, but each to their own.
Couldn't give a toss.......and Greece won't be leaving the Eurozone anyway. It's all bollix and bluster.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02 July 2015, 16:48:45 »

It isn't just the financial side of things that affect those that don't give a shit.

Here is a scenario. Greece Left caves in and the EU send a government of their own for the Greeks. After this cave in -after months of bluster the Eurozone and EU are stronger. What chance has Cameron got (setting aside he never really wanted to get any) of getting concessions prior to the so called EU referendum next May? Don't give a shitters could argue they don't care but they should for their children.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02 July 2015, 16:54:41 »

The damage is already done....hence no, I don't care.

If it gets to bad then migration is an option.

Nothing I can do to influence and affect any outcome so not worrying about it, far more important personal things to give my time to.

The Sheriff

« Reply #20 on: 02 July 2015, 19:04:25 »

Did I mention I don't give a stuff?  :P

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02 July 2015, 20:50:28 »

We have a young( and extremely attractive :D) greek girl working for us and she was in pieces yesterday over the debacle and is expecting a civil war to break out any minute along with Turkey invading them. Turns out she is from a very wealthy family in Athens and they have shifted all their dosh out of the country ages ago ::).

Whilst trying to be tactful I told her it's all tosh and they will continue to get bailed out in some way but needed to have a serious look at their everything for nothing attitude and find something to start producing something that they can sell! They export sod all apart from Feta cheese and even that is yak, I think my words helped a lot  :y ;D
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02 July 2015, 22:15:29 »

Sixty years ago, half of German war debts were cancelled to build its economy. Yet today, debt is destroying those creditors

Interesting article on how Post war German debt was "dealt with" compared to how Europe deals with it now.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/feb/27/greece-spain-helped-germany-recover
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.