Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Well I certainly got told today...!  (Read 5265 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Well I certainly got told today...!
« Reply #15 on: 30 June 2015, 22:14:43 »

No I guess not!  ;D

Thanks. Just wondering as I see so many bikers with go pros or bullet cams, wondered if video captured could be used.

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #16 on: 30 June 2015, 22:22:15 »

They are mainly used for insurance purposes now......Where you can prove blame.......theres a claim!!!

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 30 June 2015, 23:40:56 »

Not decrying you at all Jason, but is really annoying that the average law abiding citizen can provide evidence of  the idiots that cause death and destruction to others, get away scott free, because some jumped lawyer can stand up in court and ridicule the evidence.
Most people support the police, and frown on the cuts to 'visable' policing, so its no wonder morale within the public is low, or even aggresive towards the police.
In many other situations, we are encouraged to 'shop' your neighbour ( benefit fraud, etc) but motorists 'caught in the act,' goes to the back shelf >:(
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 01 July 2015, 00:34:23 »

Not decrying you at all Jason, but is really annoying that the average law abiding citizen can provide evidence of  the idiots that cause death and destruction to others, get away scott free, because some jumped lawyer can stand up in court and ridicule the evidence.
Most people support the police, and frown on the cuts to 'visable' policing, so its no wonder morale within the public is low, or even aggresive towards the police.
In many other situations, we are encouraged to 'shop' your neighbour ( benefit fraud, etc) but motorists 'caught in the act,' goes to the back shelf >:(

I`ve been tempted to shop the odd loony driving like a complete nutter >:( in their works van. "How am I driving" .........well to be honest mate you`ve just done an illegal U-turn & driven the wrong way down a one-way street :o & I`ve got it on
 camera.
« Last Edit: 01 July 2015, 00:42:01 by 78bex »

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01 July 2015, 10:04:10 »

But - the law is that (if not stopped at the scene) the Recorded Keeper must be served with a Notice of Intended Prosecution (aka NIP) within 14 days from the date of the offense. If you really want the police to act on something you've videoed you need to get the video to them pronto, so that they can lookup the RK and issue the required NIP within time.

Reporting something that someone else has posted on YouTube is never going to work.

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01 July 2015, 10:12:20 »

... but bear in mind that the whole unit would be seized in evidence.
Not strictly true, the ACPO guidelines state that 'best evidence' is the original item. However there are exemptions made to allow copies be to made and used as primary evidence.

When you use footage from your in car camera in court, do you remove all the recording equipment and camera from the car and take it to court? No. You remove the video tape/dvd/memory card and then probably back that up to DVD/HDD which is later used in court.

Still minor point and keep up the good work.
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 01 July 2015, 10:31:45 »

I just hope that the dad can actually sit down and explain that it is his fault that the man - who isn't a 'nasty man' at all, but there to try and look after and protect you - took their car away. And it's important for other people's safety that he/we all pay what we are legally supposed to.

If you are able to say, Jasonm, may I ask what the fine/penalty was, and is it more or less than the cost of his car insurance? I ask as I used to see lots of people in the paper with frankly low fines for driving without insurance, almost certainly lower than their insurance would have cost, so in those cases it 'payed' to break the law, sadly.
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #22 on: 01 July 2015, 11:09:25 »

The penaltyis 6 points on the license, £300 fine, £150 to release the car & £15 daily storage costs.

No the whole recording unit is not removed from our cars (which we don't have anyway) it would be taken to have  the drive removed and a replacement put in.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 01 July 2015, 11:17:25 »

Good to know... That's total is £28 less than Admiral wanted for me to insure with them for this year's renewal  :y

Also, out of interest, what happens if the driver doesn't have a licence? (I do have licence, by the way!  :D) re: the points? Cheers, and as a note I'm in full support of your actions, by the way  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #24 on: 01 July 2015, 11:38:46 »

If he had no license, then I wouldn't be able to give him a ticket. Therefore he'd be summonsed to court for both offences.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 01 July 2015, 11:46:05 »

And, daft question (I am genuinely interested in legislation/ the law) what would be the theoretical/your best guess outcome of that?

Obviously no points on his license, as he doesn't have one; presumably he would/could claim he's on a low income, and so forth, so what would the fine/penalty be? ta  :y

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 01 July 2015, 11:54:04 »

The penaltyis 6 points on the license, £300 fine, £150 to release the car & £15 daily storage costs.

No the whole recording unit is not removed from our cars (which we don't have anyway) it would be taken to have  the drive removed and a replacement put in.

Unless it has changed since we did police jobs, the car has to be insured with the paperwork to prove it if it is to be driven away.

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 01 July 2015, 17:14:28 »

Good stuff. Need a lot more of you guys out there  :y

Random off topic question for you Jason, can you or do you take any action for footage captured by other drivers?

Since I've started using the bike, the amount of people I've seen jump red lights, sometimes overtaking car in front to do so! Add in amount of mobile phone users in traffic, aggressive driving ect.

If you are passed good quality footage, is it acted on? Or is there just too much of it?
GRASS
haha only joking,yes there is some serious stuff caught on dash camsd and the like

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 01 July 2015, 17:47:49 »

Good to see motorists who are illegally driving are getting caught and punished. Keep up the good work. :y :y :y :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

The Sheriff

« Reply #29 on: 01 July 2015, 17:57:00 »

All this praise for Jason is fine, and well deserved, but........for every one that gets stopped, I'll bet there are ten who don't. With all the cutbacks you hardly see any patrol cars nowadays, just when they are racing to an incident.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.