Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Martins LPG install  (Read 2369 times)

Martin_1962

Martins LPG install
« on: 12 July 2006, 10:17:19 »

OK It has now been a month and I still haven't had it certified, I still have a couple of issues though.

1) I need to cover the gas hose with heat shielding to keep gas temperatures lower between evaporator and injectors

2) I still need to lean off full throttle/over 6000rpm as it still goes to petrol

What is happening here is strange but I will explain, gas really needs a longer duration than petrol, but on full throttle the petrol injectors are open rather a long time, around 16-19ms it seems, the gas ECU will then open the gas injectors to over 20ms and when full revs are hit the time open is greater than time available so it gives up and switches to petrol.

I am currently running a -24% adjustment and I will change it to -25% hopefully this will be enough

Taxi_Driver

Re: Martins LPG install
« Reply #1 on: 12 July 2006, 18:07:30 »

Hi Martin
Does it switch back to lpg when the revs come down?
When mine used to switch to petrol....it wouldnt switch back....well it tried but the engine just cut out and i had to switch it to petrol to keep it going.
To get it back on lpg i had to stop, switch off, pop the bonnet and remove the small rubber pipe going to the injector rail.....hiss of gas escaping for a sec or two....then reconnect it. Then away on gas again.
Installer fixed the prob by updating the firmware in the lpg ecu.

Tho if yours only does it over 6k revs and switches back to gas when the revs come down.....is it really worth spending a lot of time on it??
Dont think ive ever pushed my 4 pot that high.

Cheers

Martin_1962

Re: Martins LPG install
« Reply #2 on: 12 July 2006, 22:00:00 »

Until I cut down on injector timing at high revs it did this on mine.

It does switch back provided you haven't over pressurised the system

The black plastic LPG injectors don't like more than 3 bar
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 19 queries.