Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down

Author Topic: World Cup Thread  (Read 20398 times)

STEMO

Re: World Cup Thread
« Reply #165 on: 12 July 2018, 08:21:15 »

The way people are going on this morning on tv. We were unlucky, we were fantastic, incredible.
FFS, Germany, Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Portugal, Uruguay.....all knocked out in the earlier rounds. But not by England, by the other teams in the latter stages. If we'd won our group (instead of being soundly beaten by Belgium, have we forgotten that one?) we'd have been home long ago.
I'm not knocking the fans, the dreamers, but this is like a party political broadcast, where you just know they're talking shite.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 12 July 2018, 12:07:38 »

As my flight landed last night someone on board got the game up live on a tablet as England scored. So that was a git. Hate knowing part of the result in advance.

Got home and avoided the result. Watched the bbc replay at 12.15 our time. It was 3 when i got to bed.

Well done England getting as far as they did. Our media need a good slapping using words like crashing out. They didnt just got beaten by a better side. Any other European country and our guys would be heroes.

Aswell as VAR the ref ought to have a taser to use on the many divers and pugilists.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 12 July 2018, 14:09:09 »

The way people are going on this morning on tv. We were unlucky, we were fantastic, incredible.
FFS, Germany, Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Portugal, Uruguay.....all knocked out in the earlier rounds. But not by England, by the other teams in the latter stages. If we'd won our group (instead of being soundly beaten by Belgium, have we forgotten that one?) we'd have been home long ago.
I'm not knocking the fans, the dreamers, but this is like a party political broadcast, where you just know they're talking shite.
For once I couldnt agree with you more, as you say, by hook, crook or luck,  the Bigs Boys managed to get themselves knocked out, and we didnt have to play any of them, we would have got slaughtered if we did.

Probably best were out now, rather than have to painfully lose in the the Finals, the French would have kicked our arse anyway, France have been playing brilliantly and deserve to be in the Finals.

As for Croatia, they seemed half asleep in the first half but soon woke up to prove they were the better Team, England, well we did what we normally do, wacked one in, then became complacent and played the rest of the match like a Sunday morning kick around.

Sorry to be a downer, but our luck had just run out, and Im afraid thats all it was, we were lucky to get were we did.

STEMO

« Reply #168 on: 12 July 2018, 15:18:40 »

For once I couldnt agree with you more, as you say, by hook, crook or luck,  the Bigs Boys managed to get themselves knocked out, and we didnt have to play any of them, we would have got slaughtered if we did.

Probably best were out now, rather than have to painfully lose in the the Finals, the French would have kicked our arse anyway, France have been playing brilliantly and deserve to be in the Finals.

As for Croatia, they seemed half asleep in the first half but soon woke up to prove they were the better Team, England, well we did what we normally do, wacked one in, then became complacent and played the rest of the match like a Sunday morning kick around.

Sorry to be a downer, but our luck had just run out, and Im afraid thats all it was, we were lucky to get were we did.
Whaddayer mean, for once?  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #169 on: 12 July 2018, 18:39:52 »

I won £67.50 on last nights result  :-[ Sorry.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 12 July 2018, 18:59:08 »

I won £67.50 on last nights result  :-[ Sorry.

You also bet that Liverpool would get their arse kicked and you were right. Bent or crap goalie if memory serves. :)

Not very loyal are you. :P :P
« Last Edit: 12 July 2018, 19:00:56 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

STEMO

« Reply #171 on: 14 July 2018, 17:27:48 »

W4 L3 Average

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 15 July 2018, 08:59:00 »

That must be the third time in as many weeks that we have been spanked by Brussels...  ::)

Still, at least it's official. When it comes to international football, we're not just second best, or even shite. Oh no, we're really shite.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 15 July 2018, 09:53:31 »

W4 L3 Average

The 'hype' has gone to our heads unfortunately.

The teams we beat were poor.

STEMO

« Reply #174 on: 15 July 2018, 10:34:13 »

Was looking to have a flutter on todays final . But I think France will win and, they are such strong favourites, that it's just not worth it.
So I decided to back Mbappe to score in 90 minutes. He has scored in three of the last four and Sky had boosted the price from 2/1 to 4/1. At least I'll have some interest in the match.

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: 15 July 2018, 10:41:09 »

Can you imagine if we had won the cup ? our footballers would have gone from arrogant tossers on to the next level of tosserdom , Southgate would become a Sir , everyone else would be MBEs OBEs etc , doesn't bear thinking about  ;)   

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 15 July 2018, 12:28:00 »

I shall try to avoid the game if I can, but I shall try and take the time for some sincere prayers, that France don't win.  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 15 July 2018, 16:21:13 »

Was looking to have a flutter on todays final . But I think France will win and, they are such strong favourites, that it's just not worth it.
So I decided to back Mbappe to score in 90 minutes. He has scored in three of the last four and Sky had boosted the price from 2/1 to 4/1. At least I'll have some interest in the match.
Yea the odds on France winning are not a good bet. I decided to have a flutter on the final going to penalty shootout, but Croatia will then be down to 4 men, France would have used up all its goalies through injuries and the actual result wouldn't become clear until after the 27th Penalty by which time half the Stadium would be in Flames anyway through the Fans being frustrated..   :)

Bookie gave me some excellent Odds, so decided to have a couple of quid each way, reckon this time in a few of hours I could be a Millionaire.   :y

STEMO

« Reply #178 on: 15 July 2018, 17:00:47 »

I had no interest in this game. The only way I was ever going to watch it was if I had a tenner riding on it. My man can still score up to the 90th minute, so it will keep me interested.
Idiotic penalty decision btw.

STEMO

« Reply #179 on: 15 July 2018, 17:51:51 »

Mercí Monsieur Mbappe  :y
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.