Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Mr Tilbo Rangie's Rangie Sport!  (Read 8013 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Mr Tilbo Rangie's Rangie Sport!
« Reply #45 on: 25 September 2019, 17:51:07 »

Another good indicator is low owners and higher mileage as they suggest a reliable, well maintained car, especially with a reasonable level of care.

Only downside is that higher mileage generally means higher trim wear, which is where certain brands fall over ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 25 September 2019, 17:56:20 »

I don't understand the fascination with them at all[not just the RR but all the rest too]but I hope it serves you well.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 25 September 2019, 18:02:40 »

I don't understand the fascination with them at all[not just the RR but all the rest too]but I hope it serves you well.

I always said that I wouldn't by a Land Rover but after driving this one had to have it if you can just try driving one.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 25 September 2019, 18:48:16 »

Take a look at the MOT history personally I wouldn't touch it and those wheels ugh!

Tbh I didn't see anything overly scary with the MOT history, oil is a consumable after all.  :P

I am 100% with you on the wheels, but chances are if you opted to buy some standard second hand rims the first time you needed to swap the tyres, you'd probably make a bit selling those awful items. Or at least pay for the refurb on their replacements.  :y

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 25 September 2019, 19:21:36 »

Take a look at the MOT history personally I wouldn't touch it and those wheels ugh!

Tbh I didn't see anything overly scary with the MOT history, oil is a consumable after all.  :P

I am 100% with you on the wheels, but chances are if you opted to buy some standard second hand rims the first time you needed to swap the tyres, you'd probably make a bit selling those awful items. Or at least pay for the refurb on their replacements.  :y

Perhaps I'm just a fussy old fart but it doesn't look like it's been looked after very well to me & I've never bought a bad car yet.😎
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 25 September 2019, 19:58:46 »

Perhaps I'm just a fussy old fart but it doesn't look like it's been looked after very well to me & I've never bought a bad car yet.😎

That's why it's cheap Tilbo!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 25 September 2019, 20:16:49 »

That's why it's cheap Tilbo!  ;D

Exactly plus way too many miles for my liking , some folk prefer high miles but not me.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 25 September 2019, 20:33:39 »

You might need to take your brave pills, but this looks a fine way to spend £3.5k, even if I don't like the wheels  ::)

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201909202435704?make=LAND%20ROVER&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&model=RANGE%20ROVER&minimum-badge-engine-size=3.5&sort=relevance&radius=1500&advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=dy116tu&fuel-type=Diesel&page=1
The 0-60 on that is about the same as my 2.0 diesel auto astra.

That, and the number of wheels and seats are where the similarities end, I suspect  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #54 on: 25 September 2019, 22:23:52 »

You might need to take your brave pills, but this looks a fine way to spend £3.5k, even if I don't like the wheels  ::)

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201909202435704?make=LAND%20ROVER&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&model=RANGE%20ROVER&minimum-badge-engine-size=3.5&sort=relevance&radius=1500&advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=dy116tu&fuel-type=Diesel&page=1
The 0-60 on that is about the same as my 2.0 diesel auto astra.

That, and the number of wheels and seats are where the similarities end, I suspect  ;D
You're right, Jimmy, the mpg and emissions are wildly different.  :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 26 September 2019, 17:16:49 »

The main reason I had never considered a RR is the horror stories of running costs, I have every bill for this vehicle & all seem fairly reasonable to me , the OE air suspension pump fitted at 60,000 miles was £653.00  I had far bigger bills on the Hyundai.
That because people who have no knowledge randomly make shit up.  Or hark back to the Classic and BMW era ones (which may have had issues).
Grumpy old man

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 26 September 2019, 18:05:20 »

The main reason I had never considered a RR is the horror stories of running costs, I have every bill for this vehicle & all seem fairly reasonable to me , the OE air suspension pump fitted at 60,000 miles was £653.00  I had far bigger bills on the Hyundai.
That because people who have no knowledge randomly make shit up.  Or hark back to the Classic and BMW era ones (which may have had issues).

I heard all sorts of nonsense about fuel consumption & prices of parts etc. Obviously some repairs will be pricey for example turbo replacements but go into ownership with that knowledge and by using preventive maintenance (change the oil every six months) you might even avoid that problem , my RR is going in Monday for a "once-over" by a colleagues husband who is a LR technician before I start towing the caravan in a couple of weeks, if he finds anything that needs attention it will be attended to asap.

aaronjb

« Reply #57 on: 27 September 2019, 08:08:32 »

Parts prices don't honestly seem too bad - I mean, a genuine alternator was £600, but that seems par for the course these days (BMW wanted the same for the 645ci; a £50 regulator fixed it instead) but the Denso (OE brand, not LR badged) was £280!

I got a quote for doing a front wheel bearing (quality bearing, not Chinese) and that was £280 inc. labour at a local indy .. at that price I'm tempted not to bother doing it myself ;D although I still might, just for shits & giggles and because I'm a glutton for punishment..

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 27 September 2019, 09:34:43 »

Parts prices don't honestly seem too bad - I mean, a genuine alternator was £600, but that seems par for the course these days (BMW wanted the same for the 645ci; a £50 regulator fixed it instead) but the Denso (OE brand, not LR badged) was £280!

I got a quote for doing a front wheel bearing (quality bearing, not Chinese) and that was £280 inc. labour at a local indy .. at that price I'm tempted not to bother doing it myself ;D although I still might, just for shits & giggles and because I'm a glutton for punishment..

They are quite easy to change,complete hub held in with four bolts :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

aaronjb

« Reply #59 on: 27 September 2019, 09:57:31 »

They are quite easy to change,complete hub held in with four bolts :y

Yeah, I did check out the manuals - there's an SST for pushing the axle out and pulling it back in, although write-ups say you can get away with a standard three-legged puller.. doesn't seem a hard job, really :y and a damn sight easier than an Omega rear (I know, Nick will be along to tell me he does Omega rear bearings in five minutes at the roadside with nothing but a tool he made out of cardboard and sticky-backed plastic, soon ;))
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.