Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: AI facial recognition  (Read 4029 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: AI facial recognition
« Reply #15 on: 16 July 2019, 20:38:09 »

I guess you didn't watch it Lizzie  ::) ::)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 16 July 2019, 20:41:02 »

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 16 July 2019, 21:14:52 »

Lizzie. Locking up the biggest amount of people since the second world war occurred is a funny way of developing democracy.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

« Reply #18 on: 16 July 2019, 21:17:03 »

China is merely avoiding terrorism by educating people. And Trump hasn't got a racist bone in his body.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 16 July 2019, 22:38:52 »

I guess you didn't watch it Lizzie  ::) ::)
:-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 16 July 2019, 23:10:17 »

China is merely avoiding terrorism by educating people. And Trump hasn't got a racist bone in his body.

I am sure that is it in a nutshell. The uneducated minorities that do not fit the mould for religous or other reasons no doubt kicked off with terrorism. There was mention of an incident where over 50 people died from memory. An authoritarian regimes approach is just to beat anyone stepping vaguely out of line into submission. Re educate , indoctrinate call it what you will.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 16 July 2019, 23:36:57 »

Limiting each family to one child clearly doesn't work...

Their population growth simply isn't sustainable, so something needs doing one way or tother. Rightly or wrongly, minorities tend to bear the brunt of such measures, that's just they way it goes.

Besides, is influencing peoples' behaviour in order to force them to think before they do anything and have to take responsibility for their actions such a bad thing? I'm not convinced that it is given that most people nowadays seem to be incapable of either :-\

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 17 July 2019, 17:02:57 »

Just for you Lizzie ....  ;)

https://www.itv.com/hub/undercover-inside-chinas-digital-gulag/2a6366a0001

This is China, with it's own rules, just as Russia and the USA have. What they do may be very disturbing, as this is, but the Chinese authorities are only doing what I stated in my post; controlling 1.4 billion people who have many identities and cultures going back many centuries, with various political formats over that time.

All I say is that we must leave them be, as frankly there are too many of them to do anything about - trade restrictions, tarrifs, etc, do not work - and why should we as long as they do not interfere in our country's domestic interests.  Let them find their way, which will, as with so many countries of the World, turn to a democratic, capitalist, system as the rewards of doing that are far more attractive to the billionaires and leaders of China than an expensive war, internally (Civil War) or externally (taking on the US and Europe), which gives them nothing but pain.  So far, China is following it's historic path of keeping itself within it's own boundaries - perhaps with the exception of THAT new military island, but that is for national defence - and not going for a Hitler or Stalin drive for World domination.

In the meantime their people may go on suffering as they have for centuries, but modern technology will also work for them as much as it is going against them currently.  The Genie is out of the lamp; the World's internet and media - by unofficial, non state controlled means - is giving them information once totally withheld from them, even though the authorities will do everything to stop it.  Western people visit China and are doing business with then.  The previously 'closed' society is now opening up fast.  The Chinese authorities are used, as a political and cultural tradition, to "Keeping Control", but now that is slipping.

No, China and what their authorities are doing should be of minor importance to us when compared to the HUGE threat we are facing in the West to our Democracy.  The politics of the USA, of Britain, of Europe, is a mess, and when that happens extremes of attitudes and actions show themselves as we are seeing currently.

That concerns me far more than the Chinese people's fight for their future. ;)

« Last Edit: 17 July 2019, 17:05:51 by Lizzie Zoom »

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 17 July 2019, 17:34:31 »

Guessing you haven't watched the programme then.

In a nutshell you are saying so long as they are not using their military might against other countries ( Scarborough shoal excepted ) they can incarcerate and maltreat around an estimated two million humans with impunity.

Does that sound familiar.........

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 17 July 2019, 17:45:05 »

Apparently not ::)

STEMO

« Reply #25 on: 17 July 2019, 17:46:15 »

In a nutshell you are saying so long as they are not using their military might against other countries ( Scarborough shoal excepted ) they can incarcerate and maltreat around an estimated two million humans with impunity.

Thing is, Varche, there's really not a lot anyone can do about it. The path we took last time is certainly not available to us now.

I'm off to make a 'The end is nigh' sandwich board.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 17 July 2019, 18:33:12 »

I don't agree.

There are many bad things going on around the world. Humanity should express strong concerns via the ( toothless )UN and other channels. The Chinese in particular are keen to be perceived as doing the right things. Anyway we could individually boycott products. I for one have stopped playing Chinese checkers and I absolutely refuse to ever use chopsticks again.

STEMO

« Reply #27 on: 17 July 2019, 20:14:52 »

I don't agree.

There are many bad things going on around the world. Humanity should express strong concerns via the ( toothless )UN and other channels. The Chinese in particular are keen to be perceived as doing the right things. Anyway we could individually boycott products. I for one have stopped playing Chinese checkers and I absolutely refuse to ever use chopsticks again.
Give up my chicken chow mein for a couple of million Muslims? Are you fickin sure?  ;D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 17 July 2019, 20:19:35 »

But Varche, and others, I understand your concerns, but what do you want the West, or anyone else, to do about it? Do you want us to go to war over what the Chinese are doing to THEIR people - yes I did watch the programme thank you all!! ::) ::) - but obviously, unlike others on here I know we can do sweet FA about it. Just like we couldn't with Nazi Germany in the 1930's. It was only when Poland was invaded did we, without the USA, declare war. But, as I have repeatedly said, there is yet to be any evidence of China wishing to invade other countries, let alone take on the US.

So does everyone think we should commit to a war with 1.4 million people, when THE key Western player, Trump and the USA obviously do not want to support such a move - remember, in my post I mentioned the USA debt, overall, with Cina is $22 trillion - when all they WILL do is fight a battle over tariffs. Do you really think China will listen to Britain and Europe over the abuse of those CHINESE people featured in the documentary that has ruffled all your feathers so much. What the hell do you think WE can do about that, an internal matter, in a huge country with a massive military and political system?

Stop buying Chinese products? Well you can try, but as we seem to now be totally reliant on so many of the products we buy coming from China, with no alternatives available from our now non-existent factories that, with Germany and the US, once produced them many years ago, where is that going to lead us? The truth is the majority of people in this country, Europe, and the USA, let alone elsewhere, give not a damn about 2 million Chinese - well actually far more Chinese live under full state control - out of the 1.4 trillion.  Frankly, that size of population must find their own way to the type of democracy and freedoms we enjoy, as I clearly stated before. We cannot dictate that progress no more than other countries could when Britains were fighting for the rights we have today. Other countries cannot get involved, and certainly they must not do with China!

You know,  it was only a short time ago that a massive amount of British citizens complained, with protests, about the West getting involved in Iraq!! What good did that do, either for us, in the West, or the people of Iraq?  Now, it seems to me, the same people will get all heated up about native Chinese people, in their country, and expect our leaders to "do something"!!

At the moment us Brits cannot even reach an agreement with Europe, let alone organising action of some type, who knows what, against China. Even the USA cannot get Iran to back down with sanctions over their nuclear missle programme, nor will they ever win a tariff war with China!

So, beat your chests men, call for whatever you want from China, but you are going to be very disappointed. Of course we could always go for WW3 with China, Russia and Iran (an Axis!!) and kill off hundreds of millions of human beings!!

Do you want to gamble and go for that? ::) ::) ::)
« Last Edit: 17 July 2019, 20:24:40 by Lizzie Zoom »

STEMO

« Reply #29 on: 17 July 2019, 20:32:58 »

But Varche, and others, I understand your concerns, but what do you want the West, or anyone else, to do about it? Do you want us to go to war over what the Chinese are doing to THEIR people - yes I did watch the programme thank you all!! ::) ::) - but obviously, unlike others on here I know we can do sweet FA about it. Just like we couldn't with Nazi Germany in the 1930's. It was only when Poland was invaded did we, without the USA, declare war. But, as I have repeatedly said, there is yet to be any evidence of China wishing to invade other countries, let alone take on the US.

So does everyone think we should commit to a war with 1.4 million people, when THE key Western player, Trump and the USA obviously do not want to support such a move - remember, in my post I mentioned the USA debt, overall, with Cina is $22 trillion - when all they WILL do is fight a battle over tariffs. Do you really think China will listen to Britain and Europe over the abuse of those CHINESE people featured in the documentary that has ruffled all your feathers so much. What the hell do you think WE can do about that, an internal matter, in a huge country with a massive military and political system?

Stop buying Chinese products? Well you can try, but as we seem to now be totally reliant on so many of the products we buy coming from China, with no alternatives available from our now non-existent factories that, with Germany and the US, once produced them many years ago, where is that going to lead us? The truth is the majority of people in this country, Europe, and the USA, let alone elsewhere, give not a damn about 2 million Chinese - well actually far more Chinese live under full state control - out of the 1.4 trillion.  Frankly, that size of population must find their own way to the type of democracy and freedoms we enjoy, as I clearly stated before. We cannot dictate that progress no more than other countries could when Britains were fighting for the rights we have today. Other countries cannot get involved, and certainly they must not do with China!

You know,  it was only a short time ago that a massive amount of British citizens complained, with protests, about the West getting involved in Iraq!! What good did that do, either for us, in the West, or the people of Iraq?  Now, it seems to me, the same people will get all heated up about native Chinese people, in their country, and expect our leaders to "do something"!!

At the moment us Brits cannot even reach an agreement with Europe, let alone organising action of some type, who knows what, against China. Even the USA cannot get Iran to back down with sanctions over their nuclear missle programme, nor will they ever win a tariff war with China!

So, beat your chests men, call for whatever you want from China, but you are going to be very disappointed. Of course we could always go for WW3 with China, Russia and Iran (an Axis!!) and kill off hundreds of millions of human beings!!

Do you want to gamble and go for that? ::) ::) ::)
Yup.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 21 queries.