Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: It was 50 years ago today......  (Read 4528 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: It was 50 years ago today......
« Reply #15 on: 16 July 2019, 17:34:56 »

I remember we watched it at primary school , seemed to be astonishing at the time  :o
Barbarella?  :o

I know the sixties were liberal, but... Wow :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 16 July 2019, 17:42:25 »

https://youtu.be/FsLa5hAXrMo

This was enough for a horny 14 year old. :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 16 July 2019, 17:45:25 »

The moon landing would have been more memorable if Neil and Buzz had returned to the ship to find Barbarella instead of Mike Collins..... :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 16 July 2019, 17:59:58 »

https://youtu.be/erA3WQE9Zes

But of course the whole thing was faked as these 'very clever chaps' knew all along. :)

Yes that always makes me fall about laughing! ;D ;D ;D ;D

But, of course, we must be open to others viewpoints - until their viewpoints become nonsensical, and especially when a gorgeous, lovely, highly intelligent man like Professor Brian Cox confirms, in such a brilliantly, straightforward, and finally blunt way, states that such views are bonkers!! :D :D :D :-* :-* :-* :-* :y

As for the Moon Landings; yes again, those conspiracy people forget that for it to be fake many thousands of people who were involved in this wonderful piece of human exploration and scientific wonder, would have to been party to the "cover-up", and have kept quite about it for 50 years.  In addition, as I have said many times to various people in the past, this was the height of the Cold War; the Russians would love to have debunked the landings. But, of course, they could not as they knew it was all true as they had been closely monitoring the many flights leading up to, and after, the actual initial landing.

In addition, it has now been stated clearly that President Kennedy even invited the Soviets along to land on the Moon as he saw this as beyond politics, and a tremendous achievement for mankind as a whole. If it had all been fake, why ask that of the Russians, although they turned it down, probably for political reasons?! ::) ::) :D :y

What an achievement and we lived through it all!! 8) 8) 8) :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 16 July 2019, 18:28:23 »

But of course the whole thing was faked as these 'very clever chaps' knew all along. :)

But, of course, we must be open to others viewpoints - until their viewpoints become nonsensical, and especially when a gorgeous, lovely, highly intelligent man like Professor Brian Cox confirms, in such a brilliantly, straightforward, and finally blunt way, states that such views are bonkers!! :D :D :D :-* :-* :-* :-* :y

As for the Moon Landings; yes again, those conspiracy people forget that for it to be fake many thousands of people who were involved in this wonderful piece of human exploration and scientific wonder, would have to been party to the "cover-up", and have kept quite about it for 50 years.  In addition, as I have said many times to various people in the past, this was the height of the Cold War; the Russians would love to have debunked the landings. But, of course, they could not as they knew it was all true as they had been closely monitoring the many flights leading up to, and after, the actual initial landing.

In addition, it has now been stated clearly that President Kennedy even invited the Soviets along to land on the Moon as he saw this as beyond politics, and a tremendous achievement for mankind as a whole. If it had all been fake, why ask that of the Russians, although they turned it down, probably for political reasons?! ::) ::) :D :y

24 astronauts went to the moon between 1969 and 1972. The 'cover up' would have needed to be very comprehensive.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 16 July 2019, 20:32:40 »

24 astronauts went to the moon between 1969 and 1972. The 'cover up' would have needed to be very comprehensive.

Exactly Opti! :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 17 July 2019, 11:23:22 »

I wasn't even a twinkle in days eye.

When I (reluctantly) went to Florida last year, all the Universal Park shite was, well shite, and about $300 each. Kennedy Space centre was about $35 and bloody brilliant.  So if ever you are over there, ignore the parks, go to Kennedy.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 17 July 2019, 11:55:42 »

When I (reluctantly) went to Florida last year, all the Universal Park shite was, well shite, and about $300 each. Kennedy Space centre was about $35 and bloody brilliant.  So if ever you are over there, ignore the parks, go to Kennedy.
We didn't quite get the time to go to Kennedy when we went (in '89) but definitely on the list along with https://www.carolinasaviation.org/ and a couple of the carrier based museums and a whole shit load of other random places and people 8)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 17 July 2019, 11:56:55 »

We didn't quite get the time to go to Kennedy when we went (in '89) but definitely on the list along with https://www.carolinasaviation.org/ and a couple of the carrier based museums and a whole shit load of other random places and people 8)
I'm hoping to never have to go back there. Ever.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 17 July 2019, 12:04:04 »

There's alot more to the place than the chavtasticness of Orlando  ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 17 July 2019, 12:10:31 »

I only spent a week in Orlando, where the stereotypical arrogant Shermans hang out. I spent the 2nd week elsewhere in the state, about 4hrs away.

I didn't really like any of it TBH  :'(.  The postponed wedding that was supposed to happen last year - hence the reason I was there - is now happening this year, but I've said I can't go as I'm washing my hair or something.
Grumpy old man

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 17 July 2019, 12:17:51 »

You can send toupees off for professional cleaning so that isn't a very good excuse.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 20 July 2019, 09:48:51 »

I only spent a week in Orlando, where the stereotypical arrogant Shermans hang out. I spent the 2nd week elsewhere in the state, about 4hrs away.

I didn't really like any of it TBH  :'(.  The postponed wedding that was supposed to happen last year - hence the reason I was there - is now happening this year, but I've said I can't go as I'm washing my hair or something.

Possibly the most pleasant day I've ever had was spent travelling 10 miles down a river in the Missouri Ozarks in a canoe. Then again, that's probably because I didn't see another human being for the whole day. ;D

Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 20 July 2019, 11:31:07 »

Possibly the most pleasant day I've ever had was spent travelling 10 miles down a river in the Missouri Ozarks in a canoe. Then again, that's probably because I didn't see another human being for the whole day. ;D

A mate spent a week canoeing down the Hudson River in New York state a few years ago.  Said it was fab!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 20 July 2019, 11:40:58 »

The Great Loop and its tributaries is the main thing on my bucket list...

http://captainjohn.org/ 8)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.