Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega saved  (Read 3721 times)

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
Re: Omega saved
« Reply #15 on: 29 November 2015, 11:28:26 »

Dont want to wear my tyres out before MOT you see  :P
Omegatitis

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 30 November 2015, 15:51:06 »

Sorry to say, but practically every example of poor driving I've seen from HGVs for as long as I can remember was done by a lorry with foreign plates. Sadly, of course, Class 1 drivers all get tarred with the same brush.
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

05omegav6

« Reply #17 on: 30 November 2015, 18:48:46 »

Sorry to say, but practically every example of poor driving I've seen from HGVs for as long as I can remember was done by a lorry with foreign plates. Sadly, of course, Class 1 drivers all get tarred with the same brush.
As do taxi drivers, bus drivers, couriers etc... ::)

No sympathy for the op as he should a) have seen it coming, and b), with a nod to a), not been anywhere near it on the roundabout... especially as even Mystic Meg would have seen that happening :-X

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 30 November 2015, 20:12:29 »

Just to add. Even when driving in the foreign, and they are on the right(wrong) side of the road they cannot use roundabouts. :o
Hoof'land storeman.

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 30 November 2015, 20:50:36 »

As do taxi drivers, bus drivers, couriers etc... ::)

No sympathy for the op as he should a) have seen it coming, and b), with a nod to a), not been anywhere near it on the roundabout... especially as even Mystic Meg would have seen that happening :-X

I did ..

He crossed 2 lanes then into half of my lane so do truck drivers need 2 and a half lanes now  ::)

Omegatitis

05omegav6

« Reply #20 on: 30 November 2015, 20:52:07 »

Just to add, obviously glad no harm came to either op or his car :-*

Be a lesson well learnt ;)

Edit to answer your last... Yup ;)

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 30 November 2015, 20:57:35 »

Never had that problem with uk truck drivers , i know they take a lot of room turning ect and do leave enough space , but never had such a close shave as this with the foreign ones  :(
Im not going anywhere near a roundabout for a few months now  :'( ;D
Omegatitis

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 30 November 2015, 22:08:10 »

Never had that problem with uk truck drivers , i know they take a lot of room turning ect and do leave enough space , but never had such a close shave as this with the foreign ones  :(
Im not going anywhere near a roundabout for a few months now  :'( ;D
You won,t go far then. :P

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 01 December 2015, 12:36:08 »

Driving through the car park looking for a space and some numty in a toyota decides it would be good to reverse into mine  >:( well almost  ::) he was looking just 1 way , must have been an inch away  :( Must be this fast black one they cant see  ::)
Doctor wonders why blood pressure is through the roof  ::)

Then back out on the road , hardly anyone indicating ffs  >:(

Make another doctors appointment  >:( >:( ;D

Happy xmas  :P
« Last Edit: 01 December 2015, 12:39:13 by EMD »
Omegatitis

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 01 December 2015, 13:12:30 »

Almost as funny as a trip to Riverside Reatil park earlier this year, I had borrowed the railway land Rover and had the butch high sided trailer on the back.

Stopped at a junction in the car park when I hear a crunch, BMW had reversed into the side of the trailer.

A small bit of paint had come off the trailer, the whole rear bumper had come off the Beemer and a small ripple in the rear quarter panel.

Quite amusing!

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 01 December 2015, 17:02:45 »

Almost as funny as a trip to Riverside Reatil park earlier this year, I had borrowed the railway land Rover and had the butch high sided trailer on the back.

Stopped at a junction in the car park when I hear a crunch, BMW had reversed into the side of the trailer.

A small bit of paint had come off the trailer, the whole rear bumper had come off the Beemer and a small ripple in the rear quarter panel.

Quite amusing!

Then the bmw owner says "I didn't see that" or "why did you park that there" also "wasn't there when I parked"
Hoof'land storeman.

Boatboy

• Intermediate Member
  • St Albans
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 02 December 2015, 22:45:17 »

Saved the Omega from certain death today  :( Was giving a foreign lorry driver plenty of room on the roundabout then he decided to cut me up forcing me into the curb  >:( >:( If i had carried on i doubt he would of even noticed half the car embedded in the side of his trailer  >:( >:(

Surely you saw him indicate his intentions way back and made a prudent decision based on your experience to keep well out the way :P
To be a little tiny bit fair, in a lhd artic turning right offside mirrors (assuming they're a, clean and b, being looked at) give a nice view of the side of the trailer. Even the wide angle is a compromise, and if the drivers a short arse his view through the side window may be way over your roof.

Chances are he saw you though - just didn't give a monkeys. Had you hampered him at an earlier roundabout or been hanging off his quarter for a while so he couldn't approach in the right lane, 'cos we all hate that.

Sadly it's not just left hookers that have half-wit overseas drivers. Some agencies are flooding the market with Romanian tractor drivers and such like and some companies, desperate to deliver Christmas, choose not to ask too many questions. It seems to go in waves. 10 years ago it was Polish imports being pumped into companies until the insurers and accountants called foul on the damage bills.

Steve

Every start's a bonus!
03 2.6 Elite estate. Bose my A***
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.