Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Free antivirus softwear  (Read 1263 times)

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
Free antivirus softwear
« on: 24 June 2017, 17:59:50 »

Hi all can anyone give me a "heads up" on a good programme I have been running Avast recently but I am having problems re installing it. Done a search and Total av looks pretty good any advice most welcome
TIA
Tony
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
Re: Free antivirus softwear
« Reply #1 on: 24 June 2017, 18:22:08 »

microsoft security essentials  - free and from Microsoft what's not to like 8)
Malwarebytes is good
Glarysoft malware hunter is OK. 

you can run all three even though accepted wisdom is not to. 

Avast broke bad years ago as did AVG. McAfee was never any good.  Kaspersky is good if you want to pay money.  Norton used to be great when it first came out not sure about it now. 

Comodo is crap, ask the CIA https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/vault-7-wikileaks-docs-hint-cia-could-bypass-21-security-products/
« Last Edit: 24 June 2017, 18:30:50 by migmog »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 June 2017, 20:37:05 »

For Windows 7 or later, MS Security Essentials is probably the best of the bunch for home use :y

A weekly scan with the free version of Malwarebytes (install free version, it will try to push free trial on you) finds some of those pesky, non-viral, malware pieces.
Grumpy old man

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 June 2017, 04:20:42 »

Malwarebytes is good

Avast broke bad years ago as did AVG. McAfee was never any good.  Kaspersky is good if you want FSB (KGB) personal monitoring of your PC.  Norton used to be great when it first came out not sure about it now. 

Comodo is crap, ask the CIA https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/vault-7-wikileaks-docs-hint-cia-could-bypass-21-security-products/

Fixed.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-03-19/cybersecurity-kaspersky-has-close-ties-to-russian-spies

DO NOT under any circumstanses go on Wikileaks as the DNS now points to a Russian based server, while you are reading the GRU controlled front, they are monitoring you! :o :o :o
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 June 2017, 08:09:17 »

Malwarebytes is good

Avast broke bad years ago as did AVG. McAfee was never any good.  Kaspersky is good if you want FSB (KGB) personal monitoring of your PC.  Norton used to be great when it first came out not sure about it now. 

Fixed.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-03-19/cybersecurity-kaspersky-has-close-ties-to-russian-spies

DO NOT under any circumstanses go on Wikileaks as the DNS now points to a Russian based server, while you are reading the GRU controlled front, they are monitoring you! :o :o :o

If the russki's wish to monitor my surfing, then feel free, I don't think the fsb will be round knocking on my door.
I don't have a problem with comrade Putin,
He won't be bullied by the west, but that doesn't matter any more as he has president Trumped up in his pocket now.
Hoof'land storeman.

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 30 June 2017, 08:13:47 »

Hmmm...you could use wikileaks to get a message across.
'Dear Vlad, if you are reading this, could you please send a signed photo of you riding your horse to..................'  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.