Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prepping for the Hampshire meet...  (Read 1298 times)

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
  • 2008 BMW E61 535D LCi M Sport
    • View Profile
Prepping for the Hampshire meet...
« on: 10 February 2011, 20:38:15 »

Ok, so I know what jobs I'd like to do on the day. I just need to confirm what bits I'm gonna need to get, and where I should get them from (balancing cost/quality)...

Can you guys fill in the blanks?

ATF Change.....

Diff Oil Change.....

Resolving misfire issue (I suspect this is only water ingress, but I want to be prepared in case its cam cover gaskets) so I list of everything I need would be great (assuming, of course, that I can return what I don't need)....

Cheers guys!  :y
It doesn't matter how far you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

feeutfo

Re: Prepping for the Hampshire meet...
« Reply #1 on: 10 February 2011, 22:31:26 »

Ok, so I know what jobs I'd like to do on the day. I just need to confirm what bits I'm gonna need to get, and where I should get them from (balancing cost/quality)...

Can you guys fill in the blanks?

ATF Change..... 2x sump gaskets from jpat are cheapest, dealers ain't chea,p link in parts foe sale, something to clean filter with, say paraffin or  the like. ATF opie oils or any factors. Will be using Fuchs Titan 4000 dex3 personally.

Diff Oil Change..... Covered in the guide, so the correct oil, sealant, something to catch the very smelly oil in, a bath! ;D

Resolving misfire issue (I suspect this is only water ingress, but I want to be prepared in case its cam cover gaskets) so I list of everything I need would be great (assuming, of course, that I can return what I don't need)....

Depends on the fault, pull a couple of plug leads on each bank for signs of oil. Potentially....A set of plugs from vx, a set of leads from euro car parts I guess, they have a range, a spare coil PAC of the correct type. A set of genuine vx cam cover seals and orings. Carb cleaner to clean breathers

Cheers guys!  :y
« Last Edit: 10 February 2011, 22:36:38 by chrisgixer »

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 February 2011, 22:36:37 »

Genuine Vx Gaskets only really... Andyc will put the kit together for you :y You'll also need lots of Carb cleaner for the breathers :y

Doubt it'll be returnable though, although handy to keep hold of TBH :y

Easy way to check them is to pull the plug leads out and look for oil in the wells and also check around the edges of the covers :y :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 February 2011, 00:09:30 »

For changing ATF, you'll need 7 or 8 litres of ATF (may as well get 2x5L, then have some left over for top-ups).

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 22 queries.