Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Oil - 50% Off before Midnight.  (Read 3907 times)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
Re: Need Oil - 50% Off before Midnight.
« Reply #15 on: 11 March 2019, 18:57:49 »

the trade club semi is still cheaper from TB's fave internet auction site @£38 for 20L delivered  :P
I cant comprehend why people piss about with egay for this sort of stuff. Too expensive, and my issues getting the right stuff delivered in a sensible time frame are well documented.

Ordered some standard 10w40 semi (and some more expensive stuff for the Pussy) at 11:30, £24.99+VAT from dealer. It was delivered by 14:30.
Lichfield,Tamworth and Burton on Trent counters no longer recognize "trade club" and i'm no longer a member of a vauxhall club to have a trade card anyway
 they don't take travis perkins ,whickes ,B&Q trade cards either  ;D

ebay delivers it within 48 hours ,so far ,with tracking  :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11 March 2019, 19:18:06 »

ebay delivers it within 48 hours ,so far ,with tracking  :)
Never in my experience. Ever.

Don't ever say that to Mrs TB, as she's quite angry some tat from egay - UK seller, good established feedback - only arrived this morning after weeks of chasing. She ordered it nearly a month ago.  Even when I order stuff from the likes of Banggood (no, its not a knocking shop), they can get that from China to me in less than 2 weeks normally, its an absolute bloody disgrace that most egay retards take ages...

...though I suspect that most egay sellers don't even stock items, and order on purchase, despite claiming in stock.
Grumpy old man

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11 March 2019, 19:57:49 »

Lots of ebay sellers drop ship and have no stock  >:(
lots pretend to be UK based and are not  >:(
always worth looking at the contact details at the end of the listing  :y
(to check they have a uk address ,google the postcode to see if they are a company and not just a house ,or fake address )

Fedex Tracking on my cambelt / waterpump kit says delivery today  ???
not that i;m in a rush for it ,probably get delivered when i'm out tomorrow  ::)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11 March 2019, 20:19:00 »

the trade club semi is still cheaper from TB's fave internet auction site @£38 for 20L delivered  :P
I cant comprehend why people piss about with egay for this sort of stuff. Too expensive, and my issues getting the right stuff delivered in a sensible time frame are well documented.

Ordered some standard 10w40 semi (and some more expensive stuff for the Pussy) at 11:30, £24.99+VAT from dealer. It was delivered by 14:30.

The reason people use ecp/what is there aren't many trade club dealers left,  we haven't got one near hoof'land any more, we use to have 3, we now have 0. Think neatest is now Kettering.  :'(
Hoof'land storeman.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12 March 2019, 11:21:01 »

The reason people use ecp/what is there aren't many trade club dealers left,  we haven't got one near hoof'land any more, we use to have 3, we now have 0. Think neatest is now Kettering.  :'(

.. or they get tired of the "I'll just have to get the manager..." routine every time they try to purchase something. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

2boxerdogs

« Reply #20 on: 12 March 2019, 14:58:23 »

Always use Mobil 1 in all our cars , cousin works for Mobil Design gets it FOC😀

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12 March 2019, 20:01:40 »

.. or they get tired of the "I'll just have to get the manager..." routine every time they try to purchase something. ::)

Or they go past where there used to be a vauxhall dealer to find Arnold shark motorpoint.

My trips to dealers recently have generally resulted in "Nah, that's no longer available sir"

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 13 March 2019, 18:57:20 »

None near me, Oxford is nearest. But they deliver, and claim national coverage ;)
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 13 March 2019, 19:03:45 »

Lots of ebay sellers drop ship and have no stock  >:(
lots pretend to be UK based and are not  >:(
always worth looking at the contact details at the end of the listing  :y
(to check they have a uk address ,google the postcode to see if they are a company and not just a house ,or fake address )

Fedex Tracking on my cambelt / waterpump kit says delivery today  ???
not that i;m in a rush for it ,probably get delivered when i'm out tomorrow  ::)
Actually, in a lot of cases, the Chinky sellers are quicker.

I ordered something chavtastic from a chinky egayer, item in China, arrived today, less than 10 days, or 6 business days.

I ordered some ratchet spanners from the well known Chinky knocking shop, Banggood, at the same time, that also turned up today (buy courier - how do they do it for what I paid :o).

The pack of nuts I ordered from a UK company based up North at the same time is still not here.
Grumpy old man

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 15 March 2019, 13:14:41 »

I ordered something chavtastic from a chinky egayer, item in China, arrived today, less than 10 days, or 6 business days.

I ordered some ratchet spanners from the well known Chinky knocking shop, Banggood, at the same time, that also turned up today (buy courier - how do they do it for what I paid :o).

The pack of nuts I ordered from a UK company based up North at the same time is still not here.
Various reasons. the Chinese Gov subsidizes or pays in full a lot of the Shipping cost for Export Merchindise to promote there Export Economy, Chinese and Hong Kong Post also have some excellent shipping deals with the big Courier Players, in Particular USA, Europe and the rest of Asia, they will fill a Cargo or Air Freight Container, once full it sits outside the Airports or Shipyards and then gets sold onto the Shipping or Airlines as a cheapest Bucket Seat type option when available, that in turn get handled by the Courier or gets sent directly to UK Warehouses (normally just outside Heathrow, Hayes or Uxbridge) and is then Couriered or Posted on for peanuts.

Sometimes you see on some of these Bigger Chinese Sellers an option on which Warehouse Ship from, ie, Hong Kong, Chinese or USA, Europe Warehouses, but in actual fact its all from the same Warehouse but just shipped differently or on different time scales dependent on which Chinese or HK Gov is footing the bill, Customs and which Courier is being used.

I had occasions where Ive ordered some tat from China, with say a week difference on the items and the both turn up on the same day, or same day but different couriers  :D, down side is whilst we'll getting all this cheap tat from China with almost Free Delivery, if its the wrong item or doesnt work then its starts to get expensive to return it.  :(   

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 15 March 2019, 13:46:08 »

Various reasons. the Chinese Gov subsidizes or pays in full a lot of the Shipping cost for Export Merchindise to promote there Export Economy, Chinese and Hong Kong Post also have some excellent shipping deals with the big Courier Players, in Particular USA, Europe and the rest of Asia, they will fill a Cargo or Air Freight Container, once full it sits outside the Airports or Shipyards and then gets sold onto the Shipping or Airlines as a cheapest Bucket Seat type option when available, that in turn get handled by the Courier or gets sent directly to UK Warehouses (normally just outside Heathrow, Hayes or Uxbridge) and is then Couriered or Posted on for peanuts.

Sometimes you see on some of these Bigger Chinese Sellers an option on which Warehouse Ship from, ie, Hong Kong, Chinese or USA, Europe Warehouses, but in actual fact its all from the same Warehouse but just shipped differently or on different time scales dependent on which Chinese or HK Gov is footing the bill, Customs and which Courier is being used.

I had occasions where Ive ordered some tat from China, with say a week difference on the items and the both turn up on the same day, or same day but different couriers  :D, down side is whilst we'll getting all this cheap tat from China with almost Free Delivery, if its the wrong item or doesnt work then its starts to get expensive to return it.  :(
Very informative  :y
I suspected the cheap post was subsidized by the China government.

as for the cost of returning an item "wrong item or doesn't work" that is not my fault, so I won't be paying  ;D
when I've been in that situation before ,from sellers from UK and further afield, I've  emailed and said "send me a pre paid postage label if you want this junk back" most just refund ,some have sent out a return label,sometimes it has to be resolved by ebay & paypal .

some things i'm happy to buy knowing it's china tat , some things I'm prepared to pay more for ,like Gates timing belts
meat and potatoes I buy from a local-ish farm shop
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 22 queries.