Author Topic: RAC  (Read 1269 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
RAC
« on: 15 June 2009, 15:18:39 »

I do a couple of road trips to Europe every year, before i went last time i had stupid quotes of £100+ for just a couple of weeks cover.

Thanks to Gaffers, i registered with the German version of the AA (ADAC), paid €79 for the year (£67) which includes UK breakdown.

Just got my renewal letter from RAC for £50.50, so for £17 extra i get full European breakdown cover for the year.

Just rang up to cancel my RAC membership, they asked why i was leaving, i said i found cheaper cover elseware, they said "Ok, yup, thats processed, thanks for calling"

:o :o :o :o

Did not even offer me a 10% discount or anything, they don't seam to rate their customers that much!  ;D
« Last Edit: 15 June 2009, 15:19:12 by tunnie »

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
Re: RAC
« Reply #1 on: 15 June 2009, 15:37:06 »

ahh fuss, wrong section. sorry

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 June 2009, 16:25:32 »

I recently decided to ditch RAC. Only time I've ever gone overseas with the Omega it cost a fortune. Driving over here is mostly local so may as well purchase cover as and when needed. They did come crawling back with a 10% discount in my case.

Most serious distances are done in the Westfield, and that costs me 30 odd quid for full European cover with repatriation. Might as well take that and put up with the whinging about insufficient shoe-packing space lack of decent weather protection. ;)

Incidentally, the local Total garage are giving away 14 days cover with every 30 litres of fuel, and given that they are the cheapest LPG garage around it might be a solution. It's bear minimum cover but it's free.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Ghost

• Omega Baron
  • Seaham, North East england
    • 2.6 V6 CDX Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 June 2009, 18:01:20 »

The ADAC isnt to bad but if you want a prompt service its better to get the ADAC plus membership.
I had a problem once and waited over 4 hours for them as i lived in gemany. dont know who or how they deal with england might be rac or aa that come out.
 where did you get your membership from?
He who brakes Looses
To old to die young

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 June 2009, 18:50:24 »

i know not the same, but I cannot fault Euroassist when I had to come back from Europe, with the MV6 following a week later.  I've heard lots of bad things about them, but they were top notch excellent for me.
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 June 2009, 22:00:30 »

The ADAC isnt to bad but if you want a prompt service its better to get the ADAC plus membership.
I had a problem once and waited over 4 hours for them as i lived in gemany. dont know who or how they deal with england might be rac or aa that come out.
 where did you get your membership from?

I have the Plus membership  :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.