Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: cant get started  (Read 7004 times)

john1959

• birmingham
    • omega 3.2 elite black
    • View Profile
cant get started
« on: 01 August 2020, 17:50:23 »

car been running great,went to start it just no power faint dash lights central locking not functioning had new starter motor 4 months  ago new battery 6 months ago green showing and new alternator 9 months ago and aux belt had gearbox recd all great but engine not turning or any sigh of life.what could it be???

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
Re: cant get started
« Reply #1 on: 01 August 2020, 18:21:09 »

The magic eye only measures one cell. So the battery can be shot and still show green. Measure the battery resting voltage with a voltmeter. Should be 12.6/12.7v fully charged and rested.

Troubleshooting guide can be found here.
« Last Edit: 01 August 2020, 18:24:40 by Enceladus »

john1959

• birmingham
    • omega 3.2 elite black
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 August 2020, 18:29:02 »

thanx do think it maybe the key battery?

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 August 2020, 19:06:49 »

The magic eye only measures one cell. So the battery can be shot and still show green. Measure the battery resting voltage with a voltmeter. Should be 12.6/12.7v fully charged and rested.

Troubleshooting guide can be found here.

Best thing you can do with a magic eye on a battery is put a piece of tape over it. Then you won't be tempted into thinking it's doing anything useful.

You need to use a multimeter to do some practical diagnosis.

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 August 2020, 19:19:19 »

thanx do think it maybe the key battery?
Nope. That would stop your central locking from working. But wouldn't affect the dash lights or immobiliser.
Has it been raining heavily, or car parked a long time and not used, or interior reading lights left on maybe? First thing to do is to check the resting voltage at the battery terminals. If it's not fully charged then charge it up, preferably off the car.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 August 2020, 19:42:13 »

There's an exceptionally useful guide :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

robson

• Omega Knight
  • Nr Ashford Kent
    • 2.6 facelift 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01 August 2020, 20:42:58 »

Have you got the radio code you will need it if you disconnect the battery.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 August 2020, 21:18:14 »

Have you got the radio code you will need it if you disconnect the battery.

Why?

john1959

• birmingham
    • omega 3.2 elite black
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01 August 2020, 23:30:53 »

i called greenflag out guy reprogrammed key and immoblizer battery  flat  he said i pumped tyres up yest with 12volt pump first time i did it without running engine at same time so must have drained battery and caused all this madness.running fine now he said if battery goes flat again get it back to halfords for replacement 5 year guarantee only had it fitted in jan

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02 August 2020, 14:23:06 »

i called greenflag out guy reprogrammed key and immoblizer battery  flat  he said i pumped tyres up yest with 12volt pump first time i did it without running engine at same time so must have drained battery and caused all this madness.running fine now he said if battery goes flat again get it back to halfords for replacement 5 year guarantee only had it fitted in jan
leaving a Battery permanently connected to an Omega whilst the Car is just sat up doing nothing will finish off the Battery in a very short time, it may recharge ok but it will never be the same again.

If your going to leave it parked up for long durations just diss the Neg lead and place some plastic or cupboard in the way of the terminal. If the Power Sounder starts miss behaving then remove the PS completely.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02 August 2020, 20:49:56 »

Would that be a genuine GM cupboard Zirk or will any cupboard do? :D :D :D ;D ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02 August 2020, 21:20:31 »

A pattern one might not fit too well, space is a little tight there :D

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02 August 2020, 21:45:23 »

leaving a Battery permanently connected to an Omega whilst the Car is just sat up doing nothing will finish off the Battery in a very short time, it may recharge ok but it will never be the same again.

If your going to leave it parked up for long durations just diss the Neg lead and place some plastic or cupboard in the way of the terminal. If the Power Sounder starts miss behaving then remove the PS completely.

I'll be attaching jump.leads to my omega tomorrow. It's not moved since lockdown began
 Wish me luck. I suspect I might need a new battery.
I'm sure it will start, I'll drive it to the house, and put the charger on the battery, whilst I replace spark plugs and air filter, and see it it starts again the next day without jump leads. I do hope so. Otherwise a new battery will be required I reckon.
If it does, I'll be finding a local garage to replace the exhaust.

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03 August 2020, 14:24:25 »

I'll be attaching jump.leads to my omega tomorrow. It's not moved since lockdown began
I'm sure it will start, I'll drive it to the house, and put the charger on the battery, whilst I replace spark plugs and air filter, and see it it starts again the next day without jump leads. I do hope so. Otherwise a new battery will be required I reckon.

Help.  I can't get the thing started. 3.2 MV6

Put jump leads on from wife's car, ( with it running)

Engine turns over, but no fire.

Replaced spark plugs ( was planning to do that ) still no start.

I've given up for the day, in disgust.

Any ideas ? Oh and to add insult to injury, my cheap blue tooth code reader doesn't seem to be working properly.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03 August 2020, 17:55:42 »

First off read any fault codes using the Peddle Trick

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 03 August 2020, 18:02:52 »

Might be the crank sensor. Or the fuel pump or the pump relay. Or any number of other issues including not enough oomph from your wife's car. The crank sensor is the first thing I'd like to be certain is working correctly.

Any particular reason why you wanted to change the spark plugs? I guess I'm really asking if the car was OK when you parked it up.

I think you're going to have to check for fault codes. Also the terminals in the OBD-II socket on the car can oxidise and impair contact. So wiggle the BT plug in and out a bit and see does that make it work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03 August 2020, 18:18:00 »

Some cars will flood if you look at them... Straight six BMWs for one... If you're to pull the plugs to check/dry them, you may as well change them :y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03 August 2020, 18:21:39 »

In no particular order...

1. Is the car level?
2. Is there more than 1/3 tank in it. More important if answer to 1. is no.
3. If the answer to either of the above is no, address both by levelling and adding at least two gallons of fuel.
4. Now have someone crank the car whilst you give the tank a good slap from underneath.
5. If none of the above works, replace the crank sensor with a genuine one from a genuine Vauxhall dealer that you genuinely have to walk in to.

And report back.

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03 August 2020, 18:40:24 »

It was working well before lockdown, but due a service, and so i had plugs ready.  They are 4 terminal ones, and the centre electrode was almost totally "worn away".

I had it running about 8 weeks ago because I was preparing my daughter's Bini, for sale and the battery was flat on that, so i moved the omega to start the Bini with jump leads.
Then I had the heart attack 6 weeks ago so, it's sat there.
4 in not understanding why the crank sensor would suddenly fail.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 03 August 2020, 18:42:18 »

When they fail, they often fail suddenly.  ;)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 03 August 2020, 19:32:27 »

It was working well before lockdown, but due a service, and so i had plugs ready.  They are 4 terminal ones, and the centre electrode was almost totally "worn away".

I had it running about 8 weeks ago because I was preparing my daughter's Bini, for sale and the battery was flat on that, so i moved the omega to start the Bini with jump leads.
Then I had the heart attack 6 weeks ago so, it's sat there.
4 in not understanding why the crank sensor would suddenly fail.

Why wouldn't it fail suddenly? And how do you know when it failed over the last 5 months?

But you should diagnose properly before just changing stuff: recharge the battery, and get it drop tested; check that the fuel pump is pressurising the fuel rail(there's a test valve to do this) adequately after cranking the engine; how good is the fuel - a low level having stood for several months won't really be useful petrol any more; does the rev counter read when cranking over - not doing so points the finger at the crank sensor, but live data will confirm.

Battery is probably faulty. Weak fuel pump is a straightforward replacement with a NEW one. Same applies to the crank sensor, but that ought to be genuine GM.

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 03 August 2020, 20:58:29 »

Bear with me.  I need to take it slow, because need to pace myself. But brother in law came round with his cheapo scanner. Which always worked in it before.
It's showing no fault codes.
Petrol was filled up in March and I did 80 miles, so there's about 3/4 of a tank left.
Battery is properly dead.
With another battery connected it turns over and rev counter works.

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 04 August 2020, 14:05:23 »

Okay, there's definately fuel getting to the Engine.
With my best jump leads it's seeing 14.5 V from the car I connected it to, when cranking.
But no fault codes.
So it's going to be the crank sensor then?

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 04 August 2020, 15:32:21 »

Yup ;)

And categorically, only buy a genuine one from a genuine Vauxhall dealer that you genuinely have to walk in to  :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 04 August 2020, 19:01:30 »

if there are no fault codes showing, why will it be the crank sensor? This car has been turned over slowly due to a flat battery. Is this not a flooded engine? ie like when cars have been started, moved a few feet & then left.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 04 August 2020, 19:28:45 »

if there are no fault codes showing, why will it be the crank sensor? This car has been turned over slowly due to a flat battery. Is this not a flooded engine? ie like when cars have been started, moved a few feet & then left.

crank sensor faults don't return codes. That's one of the symptoms. Live data should be used to confirm the fault.

If the OP hadn't already replaced the spark plugs, then a flooded engine would more of a possibility. But it should be considered, and so here's an effective way of clearing a flooded engine: fully charged battery; pull the fuel pump fuse or relay(whichever is easiest); crank the engine over for 20 seconds with the throttle fully open; pause, and repeat 2 or 3 times; refit the fuse and try to start - if it coughs or tries to start, you know you're on the right track. If that doesn't work, remove and dry the plugs using the gas stove or a small blow/soldering torch is most effective, and repeat the earlier procedure before you refit the plugs - this is the place to start if you suspect a flooded BMW I6, Jag V8 or Rx8. Engines like 1.0l Micras(not that there are many left) can often be started by replacing the fuel pump fuse as you crank it over - a trade tip :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 04 August 2020, 20:15:43 »

crank sensor faults don't return codes.  ...

My 3.0 did ..... 19 IIRC

What's P0335 for then? http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90594.0
« Last Edit: 04 August 2020, 20:20:36 by Andy B »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 04 August 2020, 21:25:23 »

That's the official code, but the Omega isn't entirely OBD2 compatible so doesn't throw up everything on the list ;)

The lack of that very code is proof in itself that it's the crank sensor failing.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 04 August 2020, 22:02:33 »

That's the official code, but the Omega isn't entirely OBD2 compatible so doesn't throw up everything on the list ;)

The lack of that very code is proof in itself that it's the crank sensor failing.

I believe you  .... just curious  ;) ;)

mantamania

• Chatham, Kent
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 05 August 2020, 14:46:49 »

I had this problem with my 2.6 about 6 years ago, would not start and no fault codes.  I replaced the crank sensor and it started first time and had no problems since. I personally did not buy one from the main dealer, the guy in my local independent parts place told me that Vauxhall do not make sensors for their cars.  They are made by Bosch, Semans, VDO and Delphi "formally Lucas".  As long as it is one of these brands he said it is as good as a GM part. The one i fitted was made by Delphi.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 05 August 2020, 16:41:03 »

I had this problem with my 2.6 about 6 years ago, would not start and no fault codes.  I replaced the crank sensor and it started first time and had no problems since. I personally did not buy one from the main dealer, the guy in my local independent parts place told me that Vauxhall do not make sensors for their cars.  They are made by Bosch, Semans, VDO and Delphi "formally Lucas".  As long as it is one of these brands he said it is as good as a GM part. The one i fitted was made by Delphi.
They don't, but if you buy it from a main dealer, you stand a good chance of getting a genuine part & not a copy Chinese part in a copy branded box.  :y

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 05 August 2020, 16:47:31 »

They don't, but if you buy it from a main dealer, you stand a good chance of getting a genuine part & not a copy Chinese part in a copy branded box.  :y

more importantly if it fails it's easier to warranty. This is important when a £60 sensor will immobilise the car.

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 05 August 2020, 22:17:50 »

There's no smell of unburnt petrol out the exhaust, but fuel definately getting to the fuel rail. Which suggests the injectors are not getting a signal.  Hence crank sensor ?
I have a genuine one on the way to try tomorrow afternoon.
Once it's running then a new battery, exhaust, auto fluid swap, and cam belt are planned over the next few weeks.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 05 August 2020, 22:47:05 »

There's no smell of unburnt petrol out the exhaust, but fuel definately getting to the fuel rail. Which suggests the injectors are not getting a signal.  Hence crank sensor ?
Once it's running then a new battery, exhaust, auto fluid swap, and cam belt are planned over the next few weeks.

fingers crossed it's just a crank sensor then  :y

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 06 August 2020, 01:45:46 »

That's lucky! Where did you buy it and how much did it cost? For the last few years those sensors have only been available from a dealer as a special order, 7-10 days from Germany @ £100+VAT or thereabouts. And that's assuming you can find a dealer willing to place an order.

The genuine GM 90540743 sensor, that you likely need, either from GM/Opel or a Bosch dealer should be marked Bosch 0 261 210 131. If the new one doesn't have that number on it then you might have trouble or it might not work at all.

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 06 August 2020, 10:18:33 »

fingers crossed it's just a crank sensor then  :y

Yes indeed.

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 07 August 2020, 02:40:44 »

Thanks to this forum and especially Omegod who went out of his way today to help me, when he didn't have to.

He messaged me the other day, to say his mate Tony, who is also a member here but not very regular, had a bag of bits including a sensor, and as it happens Tony lives about 5 minutes walk from me.
So I went and looked in the bag, and nothing that looked like a crank sensor.
Omegod, rang me, to tell me he was coming with a second hand one, and immediately drove from the other end of the m57. 
He then borrowed my Jack and axle stand, and swapped it out. Apparently my having had a heart attack six weeks ago gets me special treatment.
It started first time. First time in 3 months.
I shall be getting a spare to put in the boot. 
 So thank you all, for the great advice, and especially Omegod for coming out of his way to help.

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 07 August 2020, 09:14:48 »

Are Omegas  particularly prone to crank sensor failure, or do all modern cars sufffer similarly?

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 07 August 2020, 09:22:18 »

Are Omegas  particularly prone to crank sensor failure, or do all modern cars sufffer similarly?

the original routing of the wires doesn't help Omegas, but crank sensors are a common failure. Anyone who is paranoid about this should buy and fit a new, genuine GM sensor, and keep the current, working one as a spare. Fit the new one  without jacking the car, and you'll be pracitised in changing it if it fails.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 07 August 2020, 21:52:48 »

AIUI it's the V6s that suffer most with crank sensor failure and yes they can be changed while the car is standing with all four wheels on the floor.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 07 August 2020, 22:05:53 »

the original routing of the wires doesn't help Omegas, but crank sensors are a common failure on many modern cars. Anyone who is paranoid about this should buy and fit a new, genuine GM sensor, and keep the current, working one as a spare. Fit the new one  without jacking the car, and you'll be pracitised in changing it if it fails.

Edited for clarity.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 07 August 2020, 23:15:53 »

I've completely lost track .... has this car started yet?!?!  :-\

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 07 August 2020, 23:25:20 »

Apparently so...

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 07 August 2020, 23:27:02 »

Apparently so...

crank sensor or flooded?  :-\ ::)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 08 August 2020, 00:46:10 »

Secondhand sensor...

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 08 August 2020, 02:49:28 »

My MV6 is running. With a secondhand sensor. None branded. How long it lasts is something that Bill Hills are offering odds on, but I'm treating it as a diagnostic replacement, and will be putting a spare in the boot.

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 08 August 2020, 17:25:47 »

I agree. It's a good example of why piggybacking on somebody else's thread just causes confusion.

Green Flag started John1959's (OP) 3.2 Elite as the battery was flat. I imagine his reference to re-programming the immobiliser is down to poor terminology, more likely Green Flag re-synced the CL remote.

New POD's car is a 3.2 MV6.  Wouldn't start when jumped after standing unused during locking. Fixed with a 2nd hand crank sensor supplied and fitted by member Omegod.

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 08 August 2020, 17:42:43 »

My bad. 
 :D
Symptoms on the face of it were the same.  :y
Car won't start.  :(
Reason turns out to be different.  :P

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 08 August 2020, 17:43:27 »

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 09 August 2020, 10:18:49 »

Secondhand sensor...
:y

Which was quicker and cheaper and proved that was the cause of failure to start. 

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 11 August 2020, 14:55:07 »

So, the battery may not be as knackered as I first thought.

I charged it up twice, and left it 2 days, and it started first time.

I've got it back on charge and then I'm away for a week, so when I get back I'll see if it still works, or whether it's lost it's marbles.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 11 August 2020, 15:02:56 »

It will be flat.

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 11 August 2020, 16:14:26 »

It will be flat.

I'm sure William Hill woukd give you evens on that idea.  I'm under no illusion, that it's 99.99999999% not going to be useful in the winter, and will need to be replaced. But here's hoping.
 After charging it for 5 hours today it's showing 12.9 V.  Up from.12.6 V
I'm back next Wednesday so i reckon it will be on 9V (probably)

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 11 August 2020, 20:28:40 »

if it flat and the car doesnt have any electrical gremlins then yes the battery is more than likely u/s. a good battery on an omega should be able to stand at least 2 months untouched.

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 11 August 2020, 20:45:19 »

I've got it back on charge and then I'm away for a week, so when I get back I'll see if it still works, or whether it's lost it's marbles.

Nice colour!! :y
Not sure the relevance of the photo or have I missed something...??
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 11 August 2020, 21:15:53 »

Nice colour!! :y
Not sure the relevance of the photo or have I missed something...??
  battery charger, tucked neatly in the front wheel arch, and wires to battery.
Wifes Astra on the road.
Beautiful Z20M petrol blue MV6 to remind us why we are here.

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 12 August 2020, 00:26:21 »

Should have looked a bit closer.... ::).
Probably bowled over by the stunning (and rare) colour.....!
A local breaker to me has a petrol blue CD in. As I have an Elite in that colour,  I can't decide whether its worth getting some panels off it, such as doors.?..?
Having said that, I bought a set of perfect Triumph 2000 doors for my then daily driver in the late 80's from a scrap yard in Bury. I still have the Triumph, and the doors (!!) which are gathering dust at the back of the garage ::)
Usual case, if you have the spares, you often don't need them - but if you haven't got them.......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 12 August 2020, 00:53:14 »

Distracted by the cat yoga over the road more like... :D

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 12 August 2020, 03:30:30 »

I got a rear passenger door in the right colour and trim from an MV6 in a scrap yard in Wrexham for £25.
Plug and play. Took 35 mins to swap.
Took me 2 years to find one in the right colour

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 12 August 2020, 07:58:24 »

from a scrap yard in Bury.  .......

At Pimhole?  :y

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 12 August 2020, 10:34:19 »

from a scrap yard in Bury.  .......

At Pimhole?  :y

It certainly was.... :y At the time there was a good selection of different yards - are they all still there?

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 12 August 2020, 13:08:13 »

It certainly was.... :y At the time there was a good selection of different yards - are they all still there?

The main players are still there .... it's been a while actually since I've been down there

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 12 August 2020, 16:36:41 »

Can they actually get a car in those garages across the road?

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 13 August 2020, 19:30:19 »

That mazda, goes in the garage every night.  There's a mk2 mx5 in mine. Nobody else uses them for cars for cars.
The houses were built in 1966, with shared driveways and a space for a garage, so every one had a different size concrete garages.

Most people have taken up the front lawn, ours in piled up in as a mound at the front of the stones.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.