Chat Area > General Car Chat

Service history dealer /independent

(1/3) > >>

Varche:
Anyone got a view on when to stop having a newer car serviced by a main dealer and save money by using an independent garage?

I am thinking around five years. This would be if keeping the vehicle for say  a further five or more years.  If disposing at seven years of age then maybe worth keeping dealer history up to keep up resale value.

TheBoy:
Purely personal choice.

My last new car came with 3yrs free servicing, so that was the decision for me.

Kevin Wood:
Depends how long you're going to keep it. If it's a keeper, why ever take it to a stealer?

Viral_Jim:

--- Quote from: Kevin Wood on 21 May 2019, 22:56:30 ---Depends how long you're going to keep it. If it's a keeper, why ever take it to a stealer?

--- End quote ---

This.

Personally I would get it to the stealer while ever it's in warranty and potentially up to 6yrs from new (in case you need to make a claim under UK consumer rights against the supplying dealer).

After that, I'd move to using an independent, or self-service if I was going to keep it until it's worth banger money.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti:
A number of main dealers offer reduced priced servicing on cars 3 years and older.....such as Tata.

I pay £229 for an A service and £285 for a B service. Once every 12 months or 16000 miles.

This includes free coffee and cakes......a lift into town and return trip.......plus a suck on the receptionist's tits.😁

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version