Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I've Won!!  (Read 3097 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
I've Won!!
« on: 08 June 2019, 16:19:39 »

This morning I received a cheque from the Premium Bond people for.................£25!! ;D ;D ;D

I was in respect of a Bond I bought with my mother in 1965 with a £1 note I had got for my birthday. Well worth waiting for!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Although the family won two separate £50 prizes way back n the 1980's with other Premium Bonds, I had forgotten I still have my oldest ones!

Won £30 on the People's Post Code a couple of months back and another £30 on the National Lottery at about the same time, all small amounts, I laugh out loud when these prizes come through.  All useful money for keeping the Omega going! ;D ;D ;D ;)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
Re: I've Won!!
« Reply #1 on: 08 June 2019, 16:43:51 »

I have one premium bond that was bought as a christening present.
It has paid out three times, £100 twice, and £200 the first time in the early 80s.

The £1 my grandfather spent on it in 1970 turned out to be a pretty good investment

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 June 2019, 16:44:25 »

Dam, for a minute there Lizzie I thought it might be a One Way Ticket with a Ten Year Holiday to Honolulu or somewhere far away.  ;D ;)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 June 2019, 16:46:42 »

This morning I received a cheque from the Premium Bond people for.................£25!! ;D ;D ;D

I was in respect of a Bond I bought with my mother in 1965 with a £1 note I had got for my birthday. Well worth waiting for!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Although the family won two separate £50 prizes way back n the 1980's with other Premium Bonds, I had forgotten I still have my oldest ones!

Won £30 on the People's Post Code a couple of months back and another £30 on the National Lottery at about the same time, all small amounts, I laugh out loud when these prizes come through.  All useful money for keeping the Omega going! ;D ;D ;D ;)

I think you need to be winning much more to keep an money pit omega going Lizzie
good luck  ;)
and well done on the wins so far  :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 June 2019, 16:54:30 »

Dam, for a minute there Lizzie I thought it might be a One Way Ticket with a Ten Year Holiday to Honolulu or somewhere far away.  ;D ;)

Oh, Zirk, I wish!!

Away from Brexit, away from all the bollarks...........!! ;D ;D ;D ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 June 2019, 16:55:12 »

I have one premium bond that was bought as a christening present.
It has paid out three times, £100 twice, and £200 the first time in the early 80s.

The £1 my grandfather spent on it in 1970 turned out to be a pretty good investment

That is a great return! :D :D :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 June 2019, 16:56:42 »

I think you need to be winning much more to keep an money pit omega going Lizzie
good luck  ;)
and well done on the wins so far  :y

Yes Dave; reckon £5k a year! :o :o :D :D :y

scimmy_man

• Omega Knight
  • yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 June 2019, 17:05:04 »

I have several blocks of ten bonds several singles and a 50 quid block, never won a thing in the 50 or more years.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 June 2019, 17:18:13 »

I used to keep tabs on my 30K block, and it worked out at about 1% until I won 1K, I then cashed them in and put it elsewhere for a higher return. Mrs S still has hers and it is about 1.5% return. :o

2boxerdogs

« Reply #9 on: 08 June 2019, 18:51:22 »

A win is a win Lizzie whatever the amount, congratulations
Spend it wisely 😀

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08 June 2019, 19:24:08 »

Congratulations on the win :y Every little helps as the adverts say.I won £10 worth of Premium Bonds back in 1974,never had a bean off them :'(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09 June 2019, 11:34:52 »

One of the members of the gang out here with us in Normandy also got an email from Ernie saying they'd won.  But not how much, and they don't have their details out here with them.

So we might be sat with a millionaire.  But £25 is more likely.

It has, however made me want to check mine - I was bought some when I was born by my Grandparents, but no idea where the numbers are.  Job for my return.  I might even be a millionaire, or have lots of smaller prizes added up over the last 48yrs ;D
Grumpy old man

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09 June 2019, 11:44:24 »

The link below is work a look. In essence most winners have pretty big bond holdings, yes there are a few small amounts, but not many. So, don't hold your breath ! But at least your capital amount remains intact, unlike the National Lottery.

https://www.nsandi.com/prize-checker

BTW, my only significant win of anything was when I bought a lucky dip when filling up at a petrol station after doing a speed awareness course. £1,500 ! BUT this was before they increased the numbers.

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09 June 2019, 12:34:59 »

One of the members of the gang out here with us in Normandy also got an email from Ernie saying they'd won.  But not how much, and they don't have their details out here with them.

So we might be sat with a millionaire.  But £25 is more likely.

It has, however made me want to check mine - I was bought some when I was born by my Grandparents, but no idea where the numbers are.  Job for my return.  I might even be a millionaire, or have lots of smaller prizes added up over the last 48yrs ;D

As long as you have notified the Premium Bond people of your current address TB they will always let you know.  If you have registered your current address when you last moved you will have a Holder's Card that indicates your "Holder's Number" and your full name with your current address ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09 June 2019, 14:53:02 »

If you had won £1,000,000 I'd have come down to Kent to marry you. :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

You would then need to transfer the money to your new husband (and Master) for safe keeping. :) :)

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 21 queries.