Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Jeremy Kyle Gone Too Far  (Read 8364 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Jeremy Kyle Gone Too Far
« Reply #15 on: 13 May 2019, 23:16:42 »

I cannot , under any circumstances , understand how any person of intelligence would be remotly concerned about that programme being pulled.
I have only ever been subjected to snippets of it but found it utterly cringeworthy in it's public display of human misery from a particular social class.
Lowest level of entertainment , ever.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 14 May 2019, 09:31:40 »

The great unwashed will hold a white-lighting, special brew vigil
Hoof'land storeman.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 14 May 2019, 17:28:34 »

The article states that the person died a week after taking part in the show, so as Dr G says could have been hit by a bus or had a heroin overdose or something.  ::)

It was suicide, a week after the man had failed a lie detector test,  Surprised there have not been more!!:

https://www.itv.com/news/granada/2019-05-14/itv-urged-to-axe-the-jeremy-kyle-show-after-apparent-suicide-of-a-man-who-failed-a-lie-detector-test/

:'( :'(

Looks like it's curtains for this terrible 'show'!! :y :y :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 14 May 2019, 17:36:44 »

I cannot , under any circumstances , understand how any person of intelligence would be remotly concerned about that programme being pulled.
I have only ever been subjected to snippets of it but found it utterly cringeworthy in it's public display of human misery from a particular social class.
Lowest level of entertainment , ever.
I agree wholeheartedly.

But we've bred a generation of Big Brother fans, soaps that have to explore (extreme) current affairs, and what are what my generation used to refer to as Trailer Trash - for once the yanks had a better name.

Hence we have a generation of pretty thick people who you look at with that look of "100m sperm, and that was the fastest?".

As to the actual incident, it was a week later, and nobody knows, or cares, what happened.  Lets face it, if the person was suicidal enough to go on the I-let-my-wife-shag-around programme, they were oppsed anyway.  One less for the cull.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 14 May 2019, 17:38:21 »

Opps, should have read entire thread before I replied.

If they axe this one, another trailer trash version will take its place.  Our British spongers love it.
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 14 May 2019, 17:51:06 »

Opps, should have read entire thread before I replied.

If they axe this one, another trailer trash version will take its place.  Our British spongers love it.

Yes, and so do ITV and the like.  It is relatively  cheap television to make, compared to a drama or documentary, and it sells masses of advertising so the shareholders love it as well with their bank accounts swelling! >:(

All achieved by humiliating the weakest, more vulnerable members of our society and they call it "entertainment"!! :P

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 14 May 2019, 17:58:47 »

Yes, and so do ITV and the like.  It is relatively  cheap television to make, compared to a drama or documentary, and it sells masses of advertising so the shareholders love it as well with their bank accounts swelling! >:(

All achieved by humiliating the weakest, more vulnerable members of our society and they call it "entertainment"!! :P

That's been procedure for all of history, why would TV be any different?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 14 May 2019, 18:08:45 »

When I'm in power, daytime telly will be more entertaining and dramatic. And cheap.
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 14 May 2019, 18:12:09 »

That's been procedure for all of history, why would TV be any different?

Because in the past this type of programme, with the dreadful content, would never have been aired.  Standards of TV have gone backwards. 

I caught part of the Jeremy Vine radio show today when he was discussing with two guests the Kyle issue.  It resulted in one of them, an MP whose name I did not hear, walked off the show when Whine suggested that they couldn't take the Kyle show off air as so many people would be unhappy...........!!!  The MP called Vine "a joke" as he complained that he thought this would be a serious discussion and then walked. :y

When Vine said that I thought of historical public executions and how some of the public then must have been so upset when it ended! ::) ::)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 14 May 2019, 18:27:21 »

When I'm in power, daytime telly will be more entertaining and dramatic. And cheap.

Ah, surely TB if I have understood your culling policy to date there will no longer be the target audience for such trash.  We that are left will be demanding only quality television :D :D ;)

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 14 May 2019, 18:30:12 »

Ah, surely TB if I have understood your culling policy to date there will no longer be the target audience for such trash.  We that are left will be demanding only quality television :D :D ;)

Don't humour him ;D
I like red cars

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 14 May 2019, 18:37:56 »

Jeremy Vine is in the same market as Jeremy Kyle, just for outraged of Tunbridge Wells rather than Wayne and Waynetta from Croydon

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 14 May 2019, 18:46:54 »

Will the culling be live on TV, be good for ratings.

The first show will definitely have the eBay CEO  first up, closely followed by ecp. The list is endless :)
Hoof'land storeman.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 14 May 2019, 18:47:03 »

Don't humour him ;D

Well we have to keep him happy as he could turn on us.  It happens with dictators! :o ;D ;D ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 14 May 2019, 18:56:11 »

Before I start, I must say that I am not a fan of either Jeremy nor their shows. If it was done behind closed doors, then the fundamental principle behind the Jeremy Kyle/Jerry Springfield/Esther Rantzen/Kilroy etc shows is sound as they do actually try and help people. Also, the people who go into these programmes do so of their own free will, they may well be victims of their life choices, but they are certainly not victims* of the production companies.

The bluster you see on the screen is for audience benefit as it's an effective form of car crash TV.

The value of such shows to the TV companies is in the ratings... The more people tune in, the higher the value of the advertising revenue.

And that's the crux of it, the content is largely irrelevant as people will watch pretty much anything. It's all about selling product to the masses...

*self inflicted exploitation is not the same as being a victim.
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.