Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Bluetooth Wireless Dongle  (Read 8402 times)

STEMO

Re: Bluetooth Wireless Dongle
« Reply #60 on: 17 June 2019, 19:14:25 »

Wifey never updates hers, so I do it. Hers is a 12 or 13 inch one, big unwieldy thing. Anyway, when I open it, she has about 40 apps open and about a dozen tabs in safari. Before I update it, I "tidy things up". She goes fickin mental........"WHERES ALL ME TABS GONE" ????!!!  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 17 June 2019, 19:26:01 »

Sometimes I do something on the iPad accidentally. I end up with a split screen or the screen I'm on floats off into the top corner. These things must be really useful for some people, but I haven't got a fickin clue........ ;D
Press the home button twice in quick succession?
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 17 June 2019, 19:27:29 »

Wifey never updates hers, so I do it. Hers is a 12 or 13 inch one, big unwieldy thing. Anyway, when I open it, she has about 40 apps open and about a dozen tabs in safari. Before I update it, I "tidy things up". She goes fickin mental........"WHERES ALL ME TABS GONE" ????!!!  ;D
My gayPad gets turned on about once a year, so every time it needs a million updates to apps and the iOS ;D
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 17 June 2019, 20:21:20 »

Quote from: TheBoy link=topic=145063.msg1906908#mhhnsg1906908 date=1560789409
A PC doesn't have built in obsolescent, and MS support all OS's for at least 10yrs from launch.  Mobile devices do.
A tablet doesn't have windows updates, though.  ;D

Now I am really going to show my ignorance........my iPad does not have Windows on it, but can you buy a iPad or tablet with it such as Windows 10 so it can talk to my PC? ??? ??? ??? ???

Many thanks ;)
You can, but it would be easier to buy an Apple desktop to talk to the iPad

Thanks DG :y :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 17 June 2019, 20:26:09 »

or buy a decent windowa PC and android tablet and avoid over-priced fruit named products
store all music ,films and files on a NAS drive
sell all the fruit named products
cider and apple sauce for the sunday roast pork leg is all you need

;D ;D ;D ;D Now cooking a Sunday roast is easy enough for me, and I love eating and cooking with fruit Dave. But all this tech stuff,,with so many opinions 'out there' about this and that operating system and devices is making me feel giddy! :o :o  :D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 17 June 2019, 20:30:21 »

I've never had a problem with updates on my iPad but, if I'm honest, I really don't try to do anything complicated with it. Browsing, online banking, managing my energy account, BT, the odd flutter.........stuff like that. I'm sure it will do much more than I ask of it.

Really Steve! :o :o :o :o

Now that is why I have my PC as I keep it all protected so that my personal information is not as vulnerable as if I used my iPad for all the serious business.  That is what I think anyway.........!!! ::) ::) :D ;)

STEMO

« Reply #66 on: 17 June 2019, 20:32:53 »

I've never had a problem with updates on my iPad but, if I'm honest, I really don't try to do anything complicated with it. Browsing, online banking, managing my energy account, BT, the odd flutter.........stuff like that. I'm sure it will do much more than I ask of it.

Now that is why I have my PC as I keep it all protected so that my personal information is not as vulnerable as if I used my iPad for all the serious business.  That is what I think anyway.........!!! ::) ::) :D ;)
Banking apps are safe, stupid people are not safe. So, unless you are stupid, you can bank on your iPad, as I have done for years.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 17 June 2019, 20:37:19 »

Banking apps are safe, stupid people are not safe. So, unless you are stupid, you can bank on your iPad, as I have done for years.

Right :y

Perhaps I just feel that the iPad by it's nature is mobile and more vulnerable than the trusted, with belt and braces security loaded, but I am very old fashioned.  ;D ;D ;D ;)

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 15 August 2019, 18:11:13 »

I've just bought one of these.

So far it pairs with:-

Laptop with Bluetooth.

Laptop without Bluetooth, gives Bluetooth capability.

Pairs with an Anker portable speaker.

Pairs with a Galaxy tablet.

Pairs with a Samsung phone.

Gives Bluetooth capability to a Bose soundbar.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01BC0D4N6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I like red cars
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.