Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 2980569 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #19725 on: 15 January 2020, 19:02:00 »

To recap - number 4 injector packed up, and it took me a while and some head scratching to diagnose, then replace it.
Then immediately after the car produced various codes relating to number 1 injector, which was puzzling to say the least.
It would run but only on 3 pots.
Lots of trying checking various things, in between spending much time at work and waiting for some dry weather meant it dragged on for weeks.
Bought a Bluetooth diagnostics thingy last week, which gave the same fault codes and lots of live data I didn't understand.
Went back to basics today, and had a think. I had swapped injectors from pot 1 to pot 4 but the fault codes stayed the same so the problem wasn't the injector but somewhere before it.
Then with the engine running, pulled the connector from pot 2 and measured the voltage, which was just over 2 volts. Did the same on pot 1 and got the same result.
Logic told me the only thing left was a bad connection between the plug and injector. Carefully bent the little contacts on the plug inwards slightly and hey presto. All is well again.
Dave the builder told me to check connections at the plugs quite a while ago. Should have took it more seriously than I did.
Thanks for all the advice and encouragement, and even the solution in the end Dave.
Your a star.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19726 on: 15 January 2020, 19:27:40 »

Dave the builder .....
Your a fellow French car sufferer
FTFY
glad you got it sorted, the plug to injector and injector loom seem a common fail ,go brittle with the heat  :(

at least you now have the diagnostic software for the next fault that pops up  :D  :-X  :P

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #19727 on: 15 January 2020, 21:29:04 »

Great nice to see this being sorted. :y
Laying a rubber road.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19728 on: 15 January 2020, 23:13:54 »

Dave the builder .....
Your a fellow French car sufferer
FTFY
glad you got it sorted, the plug to injector and injector loom seem a common fail ,go brittle with the heat  :(

at least you now have the diagnostic software for the next fault that pops up  :D  :-X  :P

Yep, its actually quite a useful little tool. Claims to be able to code keys and injectors for example. So I shall keep it as long as I keep the car. Im sure I will need it again.
Thanks again for the help. The Renault forum wasn't much help at all. The resident guru,s favourite advice to members with cars that wont run or difficult t start, is to spray easy start or brake cleaner down he inlet and keep spraying it until it runs properly !
When I told him at was the juice of satan and wouldn't have it anywhere near my car he seemed less keen to offer advice.
« Last Edit: 15 January 2020, 23:18:25 by Migv6 le Frog Fan »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Carfix

• Malmesbury, Wiltshire
    • 1997 & 1998 Omega Elites
    • View Profile
« Reply #19729 on: 17 January 2020, 20:14:41 »

Got my 20 year old Renault clit 1.2 thru it's annual MOT.

Passed with no advisories. Well chuffed.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19730 on: 17 January 2020, 21:57:55 »

Yep, its actually quite a useful little tool. Claims to be able to code keys and injectors for example. So I shall keep it as long as I keep the car. Im sure I will need it again.

I have the VW/Audi version (OBDEleven Pro) that gets in to all of the modules on my Audi, live data, code reading and long code programming. I've switched on various functions that the manufacturer chose not to tick as an option, even though the function was on the vehicle. Mine can be used for programming so I can change the way some of the features work. I've even programmed it so that the indicators work.  ::)
I only bought it so that I could service my own brakes as it has EPB, so they need to be opened electrically.
« Last Edit: 17 January 2020, 21:59:34 by YZ250 »
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19731 on: 18 January 2020, 15:52:30 »

Back to the Omega today as Airfix 1 is back on the road. Changed the knocking n/s balljoint for a shiny new one and cleaned up the inner  faces of the front discs. Will need new front discs some time this year.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #19732 on: 18 January 2020, 17:55:26 »

Washed the Range Rover, it was absolutely filthy worked several days in a row due to "trouble at the factory" the roads are filthy with mud from the tractors etc. Car goes in on Tuesday for all new pads & discs so wanted it looking cared for..😀
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

aaronjb

« Reply #19733 on: 20 January 2020, 08:58:51 »

I noticed that the heated front screen (Ford style) on the Range Rover is rather 'patchy' .. left side works fairly well, drivers side is mostly not working. D'oh. I guess that needs a new screen given the randomness of it (rather than the whole left/right split).

Rear heated screen also doesn't work but that's a common failure - the connector comes adrift under the spoiler. Another reason to get in there and I can fix the camera (back-to-front image, another common fault .. new camera module is ~£200 but thankfully a kind soul gifted me one) at the same time.

Bloody unreliable Ran.. oh, hey Rangie  ;D ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19734 on: 20 January 2020, 17:44:24 »

All of which only reinforces the resistance to buying an older JLR product... Trolley replacement shortlist consists of five different Mercs and an interesting Ovlov estate... But partly depends on making the Trolley last long enough to save for a decent replacement. If it doesn't then I may have to slum it in another £300 shitter :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #19735 on: 20 January 2020, 19:33:28 »

Looked at the state of the Zaf from all the crap on the road then thought I had better clean the number plate at least as nothing was legable any more
Downside of living rural

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #19736 on: 20 January 2020, 19:38:27 »

I noticed that the heated front screen (Ford style) on the Range Rover is rather 'patchy' .. left side works fairly well, drivers side is mostly not working. D'oh. I guess that needs a new screen given the randomness of it (rather than the whole left/right split).

Rear heated screen also doesn't work but that's a common failure - the connector comes adrift under the spoiler. Another reason to get in there and I can fix the camera (back-to-front image, another common fault .. new camera module is ~£200 but thankfully a kind soul gifted me one) at the same time.

Bloody unreliable Ran.. oh, hey Rangie  ;D ;D

Only problems I've had are the rear door actuators both now replaced going in on Wednesday for all new discs & pads ,found a really good independent in Peterborough who comes highly recommended, also asked him to give it a complete "healthcheck" to see if anything else requires attention.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #19737 on: 22 January 2020, 21:55:23 »

Not really what i did to it, apart from getting it filthy, but what i did with it. Drove Wifey to Addenbrookes early this morning. Horrible damp, foggy, shitty drive but got there ok. Coming home this afternoon it was very dull and dismal, but the number of drivers, mostly young women, going along with just the DRL,s on and nothing  at the rear was quite an eye opener. Also loads of cars with obliterated rear number plates too. Never saw one cop car either there or back.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #19738 on: 23 January 2020, 08:16:58 »

I don't understand why manufacturers have moved away from having some rear lighting operating with the drls.My V70 uses the dip beam for the front drls but also turns on the rear lights including number plate lights,in fact the only lighting I don't get[with possible exception on main beam-I can't swear to that as I've never used main beam other than as a "flash"]is the backlighting for the dashboard/controls.I still think part of the problem with people not turning on their lights these days is because the majority of cars now light up the dashboard all the time.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19739 on: 23 January 2020, 15:53:52 »

Washed both of them. This gave me a feeling of great satisfaction because Im a sad bastid. The Omega has been filthy for the last week, and it has really annoyed me every time I looked at it.
When I was drying it, I noticed a small patch of lacquer missing on the roof. Approx. shape of the average bird shit. Feeling pissed off again now.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.