Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Down to the nitty gritty  (Read 4463 times)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Down to the nitty gritty
« Reply #30 on: 19 July 2018, 04:00:41 »

Had ours on 2 months now, good amount of viewings but no offers yet. Doing good at 3 weeks, worth holding out for more  :y

That doesn't bode well for mine.

Location, Location, Location

In Sandhurst apart from a small amount of infill building, there is no building land, just protected meadow and heath land and a very good place to live with full amenities and a good community. Hence, if you have a place to rent: on the market at 9am, best renter selected by midday. Realistically priced property is typically sold in a day to a week, with the agent moaning he needs more like this and if not offering asking price you are ooing to be gazumped! :( :o
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 19 July 2018, 09:47:56 »

Had ours on 2 months now, good amount of viewings but no offers yet. Doing good at 3 weeks, worth holding out for more  :y

In Sandhurst apart from a small amount of infill building, there is no building land, just protected meadow and heath land and a very good place to live with full amenities and a good community. Hence, if you have a place to rent: on the market at 9am, best renter selected by midday. Realistically priced property is typically sold in a day to a week, with the agent moaning he needs more like this and if not offering asking price you are ooing to be gazumped! :( :o

Must be similar in Four Marks given the pile of "Have you considered moving?", "Free no-obligation valuation" and "Recently sold in your area" junk mail I have to wade through when I get home every evening. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 19 July 2018, 10:00:26 »

Talking to all of our local agents, there seems to be a shortage of supply in the market here (not sure how that works unless its an uptick in first time buyers & landlords). Hence things are moving pretty fast. Average time to market was 93 days for 4 bed detacheds in our area in 2017, now down considerably.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 19 July 2018, 12:22:50 »

Must be similar in Four Marks given the pile of "Have you considered moving?", "Free no-obligation valuation" and "Recently sold in your area" junk mail I have to wade through when I get home every evening. ::)

2 of my neighbours with identical houses sold theirs recently.  Both within a day, both very close to asking price which was very close to market value.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 19 July 2018, 13:13:12 »

2 of my neighbours with identical houses sold theirs recently.  Both within a day, both very close to asking price which was very close to market value.

Thinking about it, when we bought ours, the previous owner was about to be granted the house in a divorce settlement. The estate agent was forbidden to market it until that day (a Monday IIRC). We sat at his desk on the Friday while he told us this, and he mentioned that the ability to read upside down was often useful in his line of work. Sure enough, there on his desk was a letter containing the address. We had a discrete drive-by on the way home, arranged a viewing on the Monday morning, made an offer there and then, which got bounced a few times before we settled on a figure.

This was early June. Then the streamlined, well-oiled machine that is the land registry, mortgage companies and various solicitors sprang into action and we finally moved in on the 1st of November. >:(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

aaronjb

« Reply #35 on: 19 July 2018, 13:31:34 »

This was early June. Then the streamlined, well-oiled machine that is the land registry, mortgage companies and various solicitors sprang into action and we finally moved in on the 1st of November. >:(

;D Moving to Bracknell, I think the offer went in to the agents around July, I moved in December.. can't remember the exact timeline for this house, but the first mortgage paperwork is dated 29th March, and we moved in 18th July..
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.