Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheapest Omega in the UK  (Read 2196 times)

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
Cheapest Omega in the UK
« on: 22 April 2016, 10:20:21 »

Again, apologies this can't be placed in the 'For sale' section, because it's not mine to sell, I'm just making all OOFers aware of the existence of potentially the cheapest Omega in the enture country. Cheapest, but by no means the worst.

Good/indifferent
03 plate
Heated seats, so presumably CD, CDX, or maybe Elite (I think they did 2.2 Elites?)
Black
Saloon
Good nick all round, by all accounts

Bad
not moved in two years, the owner died, his wife has now decided to get rid. Consequentially no MoT.

basically offer more than the scrappy can offer, so offers under £100 would most likely be accepted. Yep. It's suggested about £80 could get the car.

He's offered it to me, I literally have nowhere to hide it. I've used my get out of jail free at my parents and missus' family re: car storage, otherwise I'd get it like a shot and make a few quick for no effort. It's going for scrap this weekend, ideally I've got to give the guy a nod if I want it today, or at least suggest another interested party, if it's not for me.

If anyone wants me to get some more info pop me a pm  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Cheapest Omega in the UK
« Reply #1 on: 22 April 2016, 10:47:54 »

If it was nearby I'd have it at that price, but guessing it's up your way.

2.2 DTi Elites yes, no 2.2 Petrol Elites. Heated seats were standard on Facelift, even GLS spec had them.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 April 2016, 11:58:31 »

I suspected as much on the FLs re: seats, I'm a PFL boy, the proper omegas.   8) lowly GLS had no such bum warmy device.

And I suppose being an 03 last of the line, they did add a few bits as well, like any production run-out.

Anyway, it has to be a CDX or an Elite, it's black!!  ;D
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 22 April 2016, 14:08:47 »

2.2 DTi Elites yes, no 2.2 Petrol Elites. Heated seats were standard on Facelift, even GLS spec had them.
No.

2003 GLS identical to CD in every way except that front fogs and heated front seats are GLS options.

Have the 2003 Edition 2 brochure in front of me ::)

05omegav6

« Reply #4 on: 22 April 2016, 14:14:47 »

I suspected as much on the FLs re: seats, I'm a PFL boy, the proper omegas.   8) lowly GLS had no such bum warmy device.

Anyway, it's black!!  ;D
Edited for accuracy...

Mileage?
History?
Reg?
Wheel arches?
Gearbox?

Reg is the most important detail as it allows an MoT history check to be done...

Won't entertain it without a reg, but might be interested with the above questions addressed :y

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 April 2016, 14:20:07 »

Sadly you've all got all the info I have at present, this was a 30 second conversation just as the guy was passing my workplace at 2 mons to 5pm. I've rung him a couple of times today, for other info, but he's with customers. Will keep trying, though. And post here soon as I know. I've a mate local who's baying for more info, too! :)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 April 2016, 14:38:15 »

Dont think so, Ive never come across HS on GLS spec.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 April 2016, 14:40:52 »

Again, apologies this can't be placed in the 'For sale' section, because it's not mine to sell, I'm just making all OOFers aware of the existence of potentially the cheapest Omega in the enture country. Cheapest, but by no means the worst.

Good/indifferent
03 plate
Heated seats, so presumably CD, CDX, or maybe Elite (I think they did 2.2 Elites?)
Black
Saloon
Good nick all round, by all accounts

Bad
not moved in two years, the owner died, his wife has now decided to get rid. Consequentially no MoT.

basically offer more than the scrappy can offer, so offers under £100 would most likely be accepted. Yep. It's suggested about £80 could get the car.

He's offered it to me, I literally have nowhere to hide it. I've used my get out of jail free at my parents and missus' family re: car storage, otherwise I'd get it like a shot and make a few quick for no effort. It's going for scrap this weekend, ideally I've got to give the guy a nod if I want it today, or at least suggest another interested party, if it's not for me.

If anyone wants me to get some more info pop me a pm  :)
I take it he's not still in there?, that would probably spook the MOT man.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25 April 2016, 10:02:51 »

update: I have no update.  ::)

Was expecting a call from the guy who's the 'middle man' over the weekend, didn't hear from him. Will try and pop in to see him face to face in my dinnerhour, find out what's occurring.  :)

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 April 2016, 13:17:29 »

Sorry to report this particular Omega is now going to reside up the driveway of the current owner until such time as she shuffles off this mortal coil, or the Omega converts itself into Iron Oxide. I think she's probably doing the thing where she was expecting it to be worth thousands.  :(

A family friend did this once, too, with an old, rotten Rolls Silver Shadow, presumably expecting it to be enough £ to buy a new house with.

Win some, lose some  :(

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.