Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: auto selector surround  (Read 1303 times)

hawke113a

• Intermediate Member
  • leeds
    • View Profile
auto selector surround
« on: 20 January 2015, 22:26:02 »

Looking for the surround on the auto box but without the window buttons.....ive put a f/l interior into my pre f/l and as you know the f/l buttons are on the doors.....so need to blank out the existing ones....

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: auto selector surround
« Reply #1 on: 21 January 2015, 12:12:17 »

Looking for the surround on the auto box but without the window buttons.....ive put a f/l interior into my pre f/l and as you know the f/l buttons are on the doors.....so need to blank out the existing ones....
You'll also need the complete centre console assembly and all the bracketry that it bolts to. There are no common components.

Far, far easier to do this...

Wrt the wiring... fit face lift rear door looms... the rear door switches will then work with no further action required... For the front, I would be inclined to leave the earlier centre console. Use the facelift door switches as blanking plates. The only wiring you will need to do will be to modify a tail of loom from the facelift drivers door switch to the mirror switch wiring, but that should be pretty straight forward

I would use the drivers switch from a Plod or early facelift GLS as they only have electric front windows so only two switches (plus the mirror controls) so a little less obvious

... than to rewire the dashboard and both front doors ::)

Also, the facelift dash is different so the facelift centre console might not fit at the dash end :-\
Onanists always think outside the box.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 January 2015, 13:45:15 »

I'm not a fan of switches that don't do anything, personal taste of course, but in this instance, where you're trying to fit FL door cards into a PFL, the easiest option is to leave the driver's door switches as non-functioning dummies, so agree with Doctor Gollum above. I'm assuming/hoping that the electric mirror loom is the same for FL and PFL, and will just plug in? As on PFL and FL both are door-mounted, hope so, or with relatively little grafting.

Now, If I wanted to fit FL door cards to my PFL I'd either...
- install the FL centre console, too, and keep the door mounted switches, thus removing the switches from the centre console. I'd bet that where the front of the Centre Console meets the dash this'd fit fine, however, only way to know is to do it, of course. You'd have to get the electric window loom from the FL, and fit that somehow, tracing the original PFL wired from the centre console to the door(s). It's a fair amount of work...
option 2 -
-keep my existing loom as it, but make the door-mounted switch panels blanked off completely (excluding the electric window switch, which has to stay) with maybe a piece of sheet plastic with a piece of suitable, matching wood trim, leather maybe? something. It's a fair amount of work...

Make a blanking plate for your PFL centre console, by P38 filler/paint, whatever means at your disposal. As you can see here

To the best of my knowledge UK Omegas were always fitted with at least electric front windows, never wind up fronts, so a complete blank panel does not exist - unless it's to be found elsewhere in Opel's parts catalogue on the Polish spec early reg models, or something I'm not aware.

Tricky....  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 January 2015, 13:47:55 »

PS Apologies to mods, just seen how large that image has come out, would have ordinarily edited it to a smaller one, but the 'Modify' option is missing from the post  :-[

Anyway, there's the options for window switches, for you  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 January 2015, 19:14:23 »

I'm assuming/hoping that the electric mirror loom is the same for FL and PFL, and will just plug in? As on PFL and FL both are door-mounted, hope so, or with relatively little grafting.
Yes both door mounted, but Facelift it is integral to the window switch. Hence TAs suggestion of connecting the original pfl mirror switch weiring to a tail of the FL switch wiring at the appropriate wires. The FL switch loom is one plug...

You'd have to get the electric window loom from the FL, and fit that somehow, tracing the original PFL wired from the centre console to the door(s). It's afair amount of work...
Dashboard out. Literally.

I'd bet that where the front of the Centre Console meets the dash this'd fit fine, however, only way to know is to doit, of course.
The mounting hardware is different. The only way to be sure would be to have the donor car parked next to OPs in order to compare side by side. Dash is also very different, with completely different looms. Feel free to knock yourself out trying though :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

hawke113a

• Intermediate Member
  • leeds
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 January 2015, 19:16:20 »

stuff it....ill leave the switches where the are....ill blank off the holes where the switches are supposed to be....seems like too much hard work and my stress levels cant handle it haha....

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 January 2015, 00:28:09 »

stuff it....ill leave the switches where the are....ill blank off the holes where the switches are supposed to be....seems like too much hard work and my stress levels cant handle it haha....

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D    I think I came out of the same pod as you...my sentiments exactly ;D ;D ;D :y
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

hawke113a

• Intermediate Member
  • leeds
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 January 2015, 17:54:40 »

just blnked off the holes with a few old cd cases....gonna carbon fibre the door cards this weekend...i just need both wiring harness for rear doors...gotta make an adapter for the window switches as my car is a pref/l and the interior ive put in is a f/l....so the window button switches are different... :-\
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.