Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Funerals are better these days.  (Read 7194 times)

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
Re: Funerals are better these days.
« Reply #60 on: 29 January 2020, 16:26:31 »

I recall driving through Derby town centre in a cortege for my uncles funeral and it struck me that no one really batted an eye lid or gave a second glance, the only person to remove a hat was a poor homeless girl sitting on a doorway, that image has always stuck with me for some reason.

I'm at a straight to the Crematorium one tomorrow, should be 15 min's and away !   
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

STEMO

« Reply #61 on: 29 January 2020, 17:07:25 »

At the rate people are dying, I can seriously see something being done about funeral cortèges, esp at busy times on the road. They are a regular thing around here, due to the geography of churches and Barnsleys only crem. Despite the obligation to show respect and despite the law ref breaking into/overtaking a cortège, I see people totally losing patience. Much honking of horns and glaring looks from people in the funeral cars.
I can see both sides. I would be offended if one of my friends or relatives cortège was treated in such a way, but I can understand people getting annoyed at being held up, esp as so many around here use the man in front who slows everything to a crawl.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 29 January 2020, 18:15:33 »

At the rate people are dying, I can seriously see something being done about funeral cortèges, esp at busy times on the road. They are a regular thing around here, due to the geography of churches and Barnsleys only crem. Despite the obligation to show respect and despite the law ref breaking into/overtaking a cortège, I see people totally losing patience. Much honking of horns and glaring looks from people in the funeral cars.
I can see both sides. I would be offended if one of my friends or relatives cortège was treated in such a way, but I can understand people getting annoyed at being held up, esp as so many around here use the man in front who slows everything to a crawl.

No respect some people an absolute disgrace.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

« Reply #63 on: 29 January 2020, 18:18:07 »

Should build crems next to the morgue. A quick trip along a corridor and jobs a good'un.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 29 January 2020, 20:07:33 »

Should build crems next to the morgue. A quick trip along a corridor and jobs a good'un.
Or one better, all in the same dept. Straight out of the fridge and into the oven. :D

aaronjb

« Reply #65 on: 30 January 2020, 09:01:46 »

Or one better, all in the same dept. Straight out of the fridge and into the oven. :D

Everyone knows you have to let the meat rest at room temperature before coo.. wait, what were we talking about, again?

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 30 January 2020, 09:28:31 »

I thought exactly the same thing when I read it yesterday...  ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 30 January 2020, 16:22:15 »

A whole new t/v show, Master Crem. :-[
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.