Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: HS 2 to be "reviewed "  (Read 19061 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: HS 2 to be "reviewed "
« Reply #135 on: 12 September 2019, 17:18:21 »

Yes......but who, on here, cares any more? Turning into another bus thread.

But you do not have to read it Steve, like I do not bother to read many threads, especially those on "B"!! ::) ::) ::)

Having a bad day are we?? ::) ::) :D :D :D :-* :-* ;)

STEMO

« Reply #136 on: 12 September 2019, 17:19:42 »

But you do not have to read it Steve, like I do not bother to read many threads, especially those on "B"!! ::) ::) ::)

No, not having a bad day, just livening things up a bit  ;D :P :P :P

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 12 September 2019, 17:54:25 »

No, not having a bad day, just livening things up a bit ;D :P :P :P

;D ;D ;D ;D   I like it! :y :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 12 September 2019, 18:24:23 »

So, despite the fact that the company in charge of building the thing announced last week that they think it likely it will go another seven years and another £25 billion over budget, you still think its a great use of public money ?
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 12 September 2019, 19:44:38 »

So, despite the fact that the company in charge of building the thing announced last week that they think it likely it will go another seven years and another £25 billion over budget, you still think its a great use of public money ?

No, but the government must look at how the money is proposed to be spent and not just sitting back and accepting what they are being told. The line and those to link to it are required, but the way the scheme is being managed is obviously flawed, as these things often are when politicians / civil servants have the controlling say.

What it needs is a completely different approach with a real senior business person, used to being in control of international companies with an excellent track record, to demand from the contractors they pick, after the normal raising of quotations (not estimates), what is required and the absolute limit on cost that cannot be exceeded.

That is how it works in any successful commercial operation where profitability is crucial. Those that cannot achieve their goals must be dismissed, and then others who can given the position.

The review should also wipe out any intention to experiment with non-off the shelf rolling stock and fancy civil engineering. Full value for money is a must, and if that is not possible no contracts should be signed off and then, regrettfully, the whole project should be scrapped, but not until all due process has been explored by senior commercial managers who have been given very clear objectives by the CEO.

So a very hard nosed approach must be pursued, not the wishy washy one we are witnessing.  >:( >:(
« Last Edit: 12 September 2019, 19:47:34 by Lizzie Zoom »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 13 September 2019, 09:26:04 »

Sacking people because they can't budget to make a stupid idea work is precisely why projects like this get past the ideas stage :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 13 September 2019, 15:30:59 »

FFS.....who cares any more?

If you are one of the millions using the railways everyday, you would care, especially when your fares are going up out of line with your wages, or you are a commercial concern relying on the railway network to move your goods! ::) ::) :D ;)
The fares are rising, the subsidies remain the same, and the "profits" remain consistently low.  That sounds like its a sinking ship that we should jump, as it will never improved.

And the only people using trains are commuters.  I suspect the rest count for less than 15%.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #142 on: 13 September 2019, 15:32:08 »

FFS.....who cares any more?

If you are one of the millions using the railways everyday, you would care, especially when your fares are going up out of line with your wages, or you are a commercial concern relying on the railway network to move your goods! ::) ::) :D ;)
The fares are rising, the subsidies remain the same, and the "profits" remain consistently low.  That sounds like its a sinking ship that we should jump, as it will never improved.

And the only people using trains are commuters.  I suspect the rest count for less than 15%.
Surely no one would take one for fun?  :o

STEMO

« Reply #143 on: 13 September 2019, 15:33:29 »

Having said that, the amount of temporary traffic lights that are around here at the mo, driving isn't that much fun either.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 13 September 2019, 15:34:01 »

with a real senior business person, used to being in control of international companies with an excellent track record
But you are forgetting that the UK rail industry is run for the people who run it.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 13 September 2019, 15:35:35 »

with a real senior business person, used to being in control of international companies with an excellent track record
But you are forgetting that the UK rail industry is run for the people who run it.
You wouldn't know it from the standard of service  :-X

STEMO

« Reply #146 on: 13 September 2019, 15:37:14 »

There are worse forms of transport, I think. The National Express coach from London Victoria coach station to Liverpool was ....erm......an experience  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #147 on: 13 September 2019, 15:40:28 »

There are worse forms of transport, I think. The National Express coach from London Victoria coach station to Liverpool was ....erm......an experience  ;D
But I was young and resilient in those days. I didn't mind trying to piss into a moving target that was already full of piss.  ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 13 September 2019, 15:41:00 »

At least you're guaranteed a seat on the coach.

STEMO

« Reply #149 on: 13 September 2019, 15:43:24 »

At least you're guaranteed a seat on the coach.
Next to the student, backpacker, drunk, nutter  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.