Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Main dealers.  (Read 4510 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Main dealers.
« on: 14 January 2018, 17:44:35 »

You would imagine their  priority is to sell cars. This is about 20% true.

In reality their main purpose is to sell financial products with which to buy a car regardless of whether the customer/victim wants, needs, or asks for such

As soon as the customer tells the salesman he does not require any form of finance or additional glass/leather/paintwork/bodywork/alloy wheel protection then that should be enough......but no.

They then explain they have to tell you about all financial products BY LAW. Utter crap. What law exactly? When did parliament implement such a law?

Car dealers really don't help themselves. :-\

Start selling cars.....and stop selling finance you little shits. :)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Main dealers.
« Reply #1 on: 14 January 2018, 17:52:15 »

Mercedes had me sign all sorts to confirm I didn't  want alloy wheel protection cover etc etc ..... I wasn't really prepare for it at the time. In hindsight I should've told them where to poke their forms & I'll be ready if there's a next time.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 January 2018, 17:53:33 »

Commissions are much higher for selling finance than for selling the car.  ;)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 January 2018, 18:02:22 »

Mercedes had me sign all sorts to confirm I didn't  want alloy wheel protection cover etc etc ..... I wasn't really prepare for it at the time. In hindsight I should've told them where to poke their forms & I'll be ready if there's a next time.

When they tell me it's 'the law'.......I ask what law, and when did parliament vote on this law?

They then change tack and say it's 'policy'........which means if they don't try to make customers pay for financial products they don't want their manager will kick their arse because head office will kick his arse if he doesn't.

Absolutely SFA to do with 'law' >:(

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 January 2018, 18:03:30 »

Commissions are much higher for selling finance than for selling the car.  ;)

Indeed they are.

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 14 January 2018, 18:07:18 »

I always come away with lots of worthless pieces of paper when I buy a car, Finance, warranty, supagard, etc. One thing I always do is make sure I’ve got their offer on my trade-in before I even look at one of their cars.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14 January 2018, 18:14:33 »

We have come across two Spanish practices. First is to advertise a price only to find that is the price for  buying using their finance. Cash price is generally around 10%more. Second is to advertise a price thatdoesnt include vat.some business users can claim vat on a secondhandcar.  All detail tucked away in small print.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14 January 2018, 18:19:50 »

New car dealers only sell cars to sell finance and warranty products on the New cars. The second profit stream comes from the workshop.

Second hand dealers make their profit from mark up and, surprise surprise, finance and warranty products...  ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14 January 2018, 18:24:18 »

We have come across two Spanish practices. First is to advertise a price only to find that is the price for  buying using their finance. Cash price is generally around 10%more. Second is to advertise a price thatdoesnt include vat.some business users can claim vat on a secondhandcar.  All detail tucked away in small print.

Hanging is too good for them.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #9 on: 14 January 2018, 18:49:53 »

Best thing when they start all that nonsense is just go to walk out of the showrooms, that has always done the trick for me  and the words " what discount for cash".

STEMO

« Reply #10 on: 14 January 2018, 18:58:51 »

Best thing when they start all that nonsense is just go to walk out of the showrooms, that has always done the trick for me  and the words " what discount for cash".
I doubt you’ll get any discount for cash, they’d rather you didn’t buy it so that another victim customer will...using finance.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 14 January 2018, 19:06:07 »

I doubt you’ll get any discount for cash, they’d rather you didn’t buy it so that another victim customer will...using finance.

Yep. The days of cash being king are long gone at the main dealer. Sadly.

STEMO

« Reply #12 on: 14 January 2018, 19:11:49 »

Yep. The days of cash being king are long gone at the main dealer. Sadly.
You can still get a reasonable deal. You just have to be prepared to listen to about half an hour of shite before they get the message.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 14 January 2018, 19:18:45 »

Quote from: Tilbo link=topic=141678.msg1841268#msg1841268 date=1515955793m
Best thing when they start all that nonsense is just go to walk out of the showrooms,  .....

Which fine you're looking at an also ran model of car. And that's exactly what we did when I went with my sister in law to buy her Astra H a few years ago, we'd agreed a price, shook on it, & after we'd played the game of him going upstairs to get approval from his manager, he then realised that he'd apparently diddled himself out of £100 for the car she was going to part ex. We walked ...... 20 mins later he phoned us back  ::) ::)

STEMO

« Reply #14 on: 14 January 2018, 19:22:57 »

Quote from: Tilbo link=topic=141678.msg1841268#msg1841268 date=1515955793m
Best thing when they start all that nonsense is just go to walk out of the showrooms,  .....

Which fine you're looking at an also ran model of car. And that's exactly what we did when I went with my sister in law to buy her Astra H a few years ago, we'd agreed a price, shook on it, & after we'd played the game of him going upstairs to get approval from his manager, he then realised that he'd apparently diddled himself out of £100 for the car she was going to part ex. We walked ...... 20 mins later he phoned us back  ::) ::)
Yes, be prepared to tell them to shove it.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.