Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: On the A303......  (Read 3117 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: On the A303......
« Reply #15 on: 21 April 2018, 14:21:19 »

There is a national police clamp down on speeding this month with extra resources out there to catch us out :D ;)
Meanwhile........loads of murders and thefts go undetected.

Oh no.  In Kent another 200 officers are being recruited along with 80 support staff.  The CPS is the problem, with all too many cases going out of the window due to their decision not to charge for all kinds of reasons.  Then the courts being too lenient when cases go to court. A national disgrace, but that is something the politicians must sort out >:(

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 21 April 2018, 14:55:35 »

80 shiny-arses to administrate for 200 officers who do the job, Lizzie? Are they for murders and the like, or to hound motorists?

Ron.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 April 2018, 16:54:54 »

I'm banged to rights Ron and I'll be very surprised if I don't get a ticket in the next few days.  ::)

But you are right they were parked in a sneaky place. It was just where the duel carriageway goes to single and a 50mph limit so I was slowing as I came round the corner and saw the van, as there is a fixed camera about half a mile up the road.

I just didn't slow down enough........  :-[
Just outside Andover? Mate got done on the same stretch... 3 points plus fine ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 21 April 2018, 17:25:51 »

Cruise control?

Incidentally, if you come to Spain this year and go off on the open road , the cops have discrete mobile cameras which are moved around. They sit under the armco at the roadside.

Oh no, I was slated when offering this for speed control on my course. " You can't concentrate on the road while in cruise control"!!! ??? ??? ???

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 21 April 2018, 17:37:22 »

Just outside Andover? Mate got done on the same stretch... 3 points plus fine ::)

No near Yeovil.  As said earlier A&S Constabulary had deployed 3 camera vans in the Yeovil to Wincanton stretch.   ::) 

I expect that I'll get points and a fine rather than offered a course.   :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 21 April 2018, 17:38:59 »

What?!!! Just the opposite, surely? On a motorway with light traffic (I can dream!) it aids concentration and helps the naughty right foot!  ;D

Ron.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 21 April 2018, 17:41:05 »

Cruise control?

Incidentally, if you come to Spain this year and go off on the open road , the cops have discrete mobile cameras which are moved around. They sit under the armco at the roadside.

Oh no, I was slated when offering this for speed control on my course. " You can't concentrate on the road while in cruise control"!!! ??? ??? ???
They do have an answer for everything. Someone mentioned public transport. Went over to Mums on bus Monday, my poor old back is still knackered. Country roads and crappy buses don,t mix. :'(

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 21 April 2018, 17:57:11 »

80 shiny-arses to administrate for 200 officers who do the job, Lizzie? Are they for murders and the like, or to hound motorists?

Ron.

Some will be to improve the 101 telephone service, others to assist officers with the amount of administration that is still required, although hand held electronic devices have now helped in the compilation of in-the-field statements etc. :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 21 April 2018, 18:20:56 »

And here's me thinking all us OOFers were fine upstanding law abiding citizens ::) That'll learn ya to drive a bit more sedately like what that TB fella does :o :o ;D
Aye, I'm a model citizen.  I've always had a clean licence, and not been on a speed awareness course.  Just call me Mr Perfect.

//TB goes off and touches wood

Yeah, me too. Does the IKEA wood on this desk count? ::)
Wood? Ikea?

That's 2 words not usually used in the same sentence ;D

(Except that really soft crappy pine stuff Ikea used to sell about 10yrs ago, but I think that was classed as balsa ;D)
Grumpy old man

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 21 April 2018, 19:22:11 »

Last time I was nicked was '95 down near Mildenhall[we were going to the airshow there]came round a bend in a NSL limit straight into a 30 zone and plods were there[quite a few as I recall]with hand held devices,told me to pull off main road onto a little side road.So Mr.Plod is there talking to me through open drivers window telling-and showing me-that I was doing 48,at this point my son pipes up from the rear seat"You were right about your speedo being duff dad it was only showing 40" :-[  Then Maureen pipes up from the front passenger seat "Look where They've pulled us up" Eh,what where? Then she says "Pig Lane" :-[ :-[ Was I ever glad to just get a speeding ticket and points,help like that I don't need :D
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.