Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WANTED - a 3.0 V6 Engine or Advice on Fitting Smaller Engines.........  (Read 1745 times)

Raptor1960

• Aberdare, South Wales
    • Vauxhall Omega Elite 3.0
    • View Profile

Hi everyone

Sadly, after 2 years of trouble-free ownership and despite regular servicing, oil changes and good coolant levels, the engine on my Omega Elite 3.0 V6 Auto (a 94 M car which does about 150 miles each week) seized up yesterday immediately after a 60-mile run - no warning lights appeared at all  :(. A quick check by a friendly mechanic today has confirmed the engine has seized up solid and will never run again  :-[.

I am loathe to scrap this beauty - body work is over 9/10 and the interior is perfect  :). Therefore, I am asking for help in one of two areas.

1. Does anyone know of a replacement 3.0 V6 engine for sale or which might be available?
2. Failing this, does anyone know which, if any of the Omega engines could be fitted into the engine bay of a 94M car and what challenges would there be?  :D

I look forward to any news, leads or advice which might surface.

Many thanks

Robin.

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile

Good excuse to go mad and fit a Saab turbo...  :y
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

annihilator

• Wirral
    • 2 Jags XKR/JR
    • View Profile

You can fit any of the V6's with the minimum of hassle 4cyl are possible but not worth the grief.

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile

There's a member with a 3.0 breaker in Liverpool, engine has had the cams removed but good block and heads are there along with a good AR35 autobox, he'd take a reasonable offer on the car as a whole and you could scrap the shell to recoup costs 
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile

NickW was selling a 3.0ltr engine and manual gearbox...couple of listings below...bargain price too
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.