Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Free look up of Euro Emissions Standard of your car against Reg Plate  (Read 7301 times)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile

Found this hidden away in the World Wide Wait, its a Free Emissions Tool below to check the Euro Emissions Standard of your car against the Vehicles Reg Number, which will be handy for all the Up and Coming Emission Tax Charging currently being rolled out or planned in Cities around the UK and the Planet.

Its actually an APi Plug In but works as a stand alone if you use the My Link, handy on the Phone, save as Favorite or Add link to Home Screen from the Browser.  :y

https://hpicheck.com/api/euro-status#
« Last Edit: 14 October 2018, 16:14:19 by iZirk »

STEMO

Very handy  :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile

My Omega is Euro 3 whatever that is. ???
Put in the reg of the 190 and it said far cough.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile

Euro's 2 and 4.  :)

I'm surprised that my BMW has any Euro rating to be honest.  :-\
« Last Edit: 14 October 2018, 17:19:48 by Sir Tigger QC »
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile

In a Nut Shell Euro 3 means dont even think about driving into London next Year without prior arrangement with your Bank Manager  ;D

How old is the Merc?, if it Pre Euro something or other or if the VRM been changed (Private Plate) then probably wont look up, or if its been registered as Alternative, Dual Fuel or Bi Fuel, etc, may not have a Euro Standard or its dropped off the DVLA Register.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile

Omega and Battlebus is Euro3.  Shag is Euro5.

Not sure either impacts me yet, but it will be a way of forcing everyone onto unrealistic cars, or worse, onto dirty Victorian transport.
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile

Good one Zirk! 8) :y :y

Yes, my miggie is EURO 3! ::) ::) :D ;)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile

Shows it would be easy enough by reg number to fine, charge or exclude heavy polluters from city central areas.

Three of the most polluted cities in Spain are in Andalucia ( I think the geography doesnt  allow air dispersion) . I am fully expecting bans very soon.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile

Not sure either impacts me yet, but it will be a way of forcing everyone onto unrealistic cars, or worse, onto dirty Victorian transport.
Probably wont be long before its 'Coming to a Cinema near you soon' so to speak, think Birmingham is Up next, followed by Manchester, Glasgow to name a few.

London Has its Congestion Charge, LEZ and T Charge already in place, ULEZ next Year and Extended ULEZ 2021 or 2020 if Mayor gets Hes way and before they introduce the next Wave, seems to be different rules for each Charge or they can all be added together, could prove to be an expensive Day Out if Peeps are not on the ball

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile

Signum 4.

Tata 5.

No idea what difference it makes to anything.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile

My Omega and V70 both Euro 3.I believe we're at Euro 6 at present so middle ground as it stands.Luckily I don't drive in any cities and certainly not that Lundun place!

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile

In a Nut Shell Euro 3 means dont even think about driving into London next Year without prior arrangement with your Bank Manager  ;D

How old is the Merc?, if it Pre Euro something or other or if the VRM been changed (Private Plate) then probably wont look up, or if its been registered as Alternative, Dual Fuel or Bi Fuel, etc, may not have a Euro Standard or its dropped off the DVLA Register.

I checked my Omega on the TFL website last year and it said it wouldn't be subject to the charge, which I found surprising.
190 is 1990, so long before Euroshite regs I would imagine.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile

Mine is Euro3 as per most others here, currently ULEZ expansion is just shy of the office, so won’t impact the commute.

If they tweak ULEZ or expand it further, my 3.2 will be up for sale.  :'(

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile

I checked my Omega on the TFL website last year and it said it wouldn't be subject to the charge, which I found surprising.
190 is 1990, so long before Euroshite regs I would imagine.
TFL dont use the Euro or DVLA Data Base for Look Up, they use there Own which there probably still building so expect it to drop off the System before the New Zone kicks in.

Having said that, when I checked the current working T Charge over Xmas last Year, a 3.2 was showing as payable, where as my Ex Plod 3.2 Manual was saying No Charge, so not sure what thats all about unless the 3.2 Manuals are Euro 4 compliant.  :-\
« Last Edit: 14 October 2018, 18:25:12 by iZirk »

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile

Mine is Euro3 as per most others here, currently ULEZ expansion is just shy of the office, so won’t impact the commute.

Year 2021 will be the next Tweak, North and South Circular as it stands at the moment, but there probably go as far as the current LEZ Zone for Vans shortly after that.
« Last Edit: 14 October 2018, 18:28:19 by iZirk »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile

What do you mean if, you already commute along its western edge ::)

The next boundary shift is likely to become the M25, closely followed by the smart motorway network.
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

Mine is a 5, hers is a 6.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile

Mine is a 5, hers is a 6.
So we know know who wears the Trousers in your Place then.  ;D

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile

Year 2021 will be the next Tweak, North and South Circular as it stands at the moment, but there probably go as far as the current LEZ Zone for Vans shortly after that.

Yeah, the office is just before current expansion, the maps indicate it wil start just near where the M4 goes elevated. So very close to the office.

2021 is not actually far away, even a minor change would mean bye bye 3.2.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile

Yeah, the office is just before current expansion, the maps indicate it wil start just near where the M4 goes elevated. So very close to the office.

If Khan gets his way, the ulez will start as soon as you leave the M25,,,, Good then maybe ban all vehicles over 7.5tons, then London will starve,. But please remember Buses are exempt, as are planes n trains.
Hoof'land storeman.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile

Not necessarily... A little imagination goes along way...

https://blog.tripcatcherapp.com/tax/tax-free-mileage-allowance/ 5p per mile per passenger

Only drive three days a week and the charge is £37.50... Two days fuel saved plus two days charge more than makes up for the three day charge...

Collect 3 other people and your fuel costs effectively drop to 10pp mile.

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile

Found this hidden away in the World Wide Wait, its a Free Emissions Tool below to check the Euro Emissions Standard of your car against the Vehicles Reg Number, which will be handy for all the Up and Coming Emission Tax Charging currently being rolled out or planned in Cities around the UK and the Planet.

Its actually an APi Plug In but works as a stand alone if you use the My Link, handy on the Phone, save as Favorite or Add link to Home Screen from the Browser.  :y

https://hpicheck.com/api/euro-status#
The lookup is not accurate. I suspect it's simply checking the date of first registration against the date that each standard became mandatory.

So a petrol Omega registered before Jan 2000 reports as Euro 2 when most if not all petrol models are Euro 3. Similarly an Omega registered between Jan 2000 and Jan 2005 reports as Euro 3 when some are Euro 4.

The VCA database available here is much more accurate, albeit it only goes back to 2001. It also factors in model year as well as date of first reg.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile

If they tweak ULEZ or expand it further, my 3.2 will be up for sale scrapped.  :'(
Fixed for accuracy
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile

Probably wont be long before its 'Coming to a Cinema near you soon' so to speak, think Birmingham is Up next, followed by Manchester, Glasgow to name a few.
Oh, yes, its defo coming. Its an easy way to stop us using fossil fuel powered vehicles, instead forcing us onto dirty, smog inducing, useless (in the UK) public transport systems that simply don't work.

But I think the Mayor or Brackley will have a hard time enforcing it, seeing as we lack any public transport infrastructure here.
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile

Oh, yes, its defo coming. Its an easy way to stop us using fossil fuel powered vehicles, instead forcing us onto dirty, smog inducing, useless (in the UK) public transport systems that simply don't work.

But I think the Mayor or Brackley will have a hard time enforcing it, seeing as we lack any public transport infrastructure here.

Yep, and, as a result, people will just stop visiting city centres at all, unless they are unfortunate enough to live in one. The demise of the already run-down shopping centres will accelerate and they'll be completely bereft of any shops where even the endless charity shops, mobile phone shops and estate agents won't be able to justify being there. 
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile

Much of France is now covered by emission zones, and they're a right PITA.

https://umap.openstreetmap.fr/de/map/frankreichalle_147000?scaleControl=false&miniMap=false&scrollWheelZoom=true&zoomControl=true&allowEdit=false&moreControl=false&searchControl=null&tilelayersControl=null&embedControl=null&onLoadPanel=undefined&captionBar=false#7/46.271/2.571

You're supposed to apply for a crit'dair sticker for the windscreen if you intend to drive in/through any of the areas shown in green on the map. The sticker colour/category is based on the Euro Cat classification of your car. Most(all?) omegas will be Euro 3 or 4, so  you'll get a Crit'dair orange/3. They're only 4 euros, but you have to pre-order them.

The idea is that you can't ever drive into the dark green areas on the map without a Crit'dair sticker. You can't drive in the light green areas when the local councils impose pollution related restriction to a number less than your category. So I can drive to my ski holiday in Tignes, park up, and then when I come to drive home I can find they've put restrictions on the roads around Chambery which mean only Crit'dair 2 or better cars can pass through, so I can't get out/home.  Failure to display the sticker, or driving in a zone when the restrictions are on means a fine.

The system has been in force for the past 2 winters at least, but so far enforcement has been lax. I've yet to see a car (French or foreign) in any of the places I've been that was displaying the sticker. I might apply for one this year.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile

What do you expect. Its France. Run by French people.  ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile

Before every later Omega owner starts getting exited, there is only one UK Omega model that is officially Euro 4 compliant...

2003 2.2 16v Petrol Manual.

Good luck finding one ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile

Much of France is now covered by emission zones, and they're a right PITA.
Thanks for that, worth knowing, although next year is only to Normandy, so looks like I'm OK.  But as we occasionally holiday down south, we need to be aware.
Grumpy old man

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile

Before every later Omega owner starts getting exited, there is only one UK Omega model that is officially Euro 4 compliant...

2003 2.2 16v Petrol Manual.

Good luck finding one ;D
The VCA database says that Model Year 2003 2.2 16V Petrol Auto & Manual are Euro 4. All other MY 2003 Omegas are Euro 3. (A4 = automatic 4 speed gearbox and M5 = manual 5 speed gearbox.) Model Year does not directly map to year of first registration or actual year of manufacture. Some MY2003s may well have been manufactured and registered in 2002.

VAUXHALL Omega, MY 2003   2.2 16v 4 door Saloon From VIN: W0L0VBF6931000001   A4   2198   Petrol   248
VAUXHALL Omega, MY 2003   2.2 16v 5 door Estate From VIN: W0L0VBF3531000001   A4   2198   Petrol   252
VAUXHALL Omega, MY 2003   2.2 16v 4 door Saloon From VIN: W0L0VBF6931000001   M5   2198   Petrol   231
VAUXHALL Omega, MY 2003   2.2 16v 5 door Estate From VIN: W0L0VBF3531000001   M5   2198   Petrol   236

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile

My October '52 was Euro3  ;)

But you're correct re MY2003, as detailed in the brochure, although I don't recall the auto being Euro 4 according to VX :-\

That said... Information correct at time of going to press etc ;)

2boxerdogs

All Euro 3

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile

Have you checked if yours is subject to ULEZ charge ? Ive checked my 02 plate 3.2 and it isn't.
https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone/check-your-vehicle

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile

Have you checked if yours is subject to ULEZ charge ? Ive checked my 02 plate 3.2 and it isn't.
Nor is my 53 plate 2.6 , not that i would go in a car anyway , I hear trains are daily to the capital these days  8)

STEMO

Wife's 66 plate astra diesel is not (Euro 6) but my 14 plate (Euro 5) is.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile

Interesting .......  :)

According to that site the 2001 V6 3.2 is not subject to ULEZ... so according to the list it "must" be at least Euro 4 ... but the HPI link in the opening post lists it as Euro 3 .......

Left hand meet right hand ????

:)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile

It says I'm not affected with my 3.2, but I think it's a bug with their lookup. We know the 3.2's are all Euro3.

Here: https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone/cars?intcmp=54362

It states Petrol must be Euro4, I think it's doing just a year lookup as it says "most cars post 2001" are unaffected.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile

Here is states only Signum and Vectra C are Euro 4 with Z32SE

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_54°_V6-Motor

We have Y32SE in Omega....

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile

As it stands I'm not affected with ULEZ, even with current expansion. It's only if they tweak or change it.

STEMO

It says I'm not affected with my 3.2, but I think it's a bug with their lookup. We know the 3.2's are all Euro3.

Here: https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone/cars?intcmp=54362

It states Petrol must be Euro4, I think it's doing just a year lookup as it says "most cars post 2001" are unaffected.
Well....it should say "most petrol cars post 2001, because my 2014 diesel astra is not exempt.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile

Well....it should say "most petrol cars post 2001, because my 2014 diesel astra is not exempt.

Basically writes off any 6 pot Derv for me as 3.2 replacement.  :(  :-\

Sods law I'd buy a Jaaaag 3.0d and they would move the ULEZ by 2 miles.   :(

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile

Extending the zone to include the north circ will have unintended consequences. I don't often do it, but at the moment instead of ploughing through the middle of the smoke I'll use the north circular to go round the current ULEZ to get from Neasden to Kent. If they include the north circ then I may as well just plough through the middle like we used to do. Same cost, except I won't have to pay the congestion charge on the Dartford crossing.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile

Because is diesel  :D

STEMO

They're both diesel  ::)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile

They're both diesel  ::)
Not many fields to plough inside the ULEZ - no problem. :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile

Jaaaag 3.0d
And a mighty fine tractor lump it is. In proper trim, not the gay 240bhp gutless option....
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile

Hopefully that wont matter. I will print it off and then use it in defence if they bill me.  :)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile

Jaaaag 3.0d
And a mighty fine tractor lump it is. In proper trim, not the gay 240bhp gutless option....

But fitted to cars I can afford, means even now it does not meet ULEZ standards.

It could stay at north circular boundary, but for how long?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile

Simples. Avoid London. Works for me.
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile

Er yeh.  ::)

No can do.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile

Jaaaag 3.0d

But fitted to cars I can afford, means even now it does not meet ULEZ standards.

Probably quiet a few years I reckon, before Mayor forces the next plan of attack.

Not saying too much, but I sometimes kind of rub shoulders with peeps at TfL.

Dont quote me, but I reckon at least till 2024, before the next attack on bounderies is planned. Your probably be more concerned about your MOTs before then.  ;)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile

Jaaaag 3.0d

Probably quiet a few years I reckon, before Mayor forces the next plan of attack.

Not saying too much, but I sometimes kind of rub shoulders with peeps at TfL.

Dont quote me, but I reckon at least till 2024, before the next attack on bounderies is planned. Your probably be more concerned about your MOTs before then.  ;)

I’d be surprised if 3.2 makes it that long.  :)

Thinking more it’s replacement and impact, don’t want to spend large on something which would have issues.

aaronjb

No can do.

How far is your office from Euston? It's a 50 minute commute by train from here.. the future is North! ;) ;D

[edit] I see the govt is wibbling about banning all petrol cars in 2032, now, so you might as well get ahead of the curve. In the same breath, the govt is lowering the EV subsidy by £1000 so, as the email Tesla sent me yesterday says, get your order in now and save yourself £1000! ;)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile

No can do.

How far is your office from Euston? It's a 50 minute commute by train from here.. the future is North! ;) ;D

[edit] I see the govt is wibbling about banning all petrol cars in 2032, now, so you might as well get ahead of the curve. In the same breath, the govt is lowering the EV subsidy by £1000 so, as the email Tesla sent me yesterday says, get your order in now and save yourself £1000! ;)

Euston would be a pain, Sky is at the point were it's easy by car, difficult by train.

Sky do their best, they run free shuttles to local train lines, one goes to Ealing Broadway.

I'd still do the car though, just have to figure out right option after this.

No can do.

Could always go 50/50 with my car share buddy on one in next few years.  :)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 18 queries.