Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Mobile Phone tracking?  (Read 2238 times)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
Re: Mobile Phone tracking?
« Reply #15 on: 24 November 2014, 23:02:21 »

I have lookout, which will tell me the location of my device. If I were to log in to my wifes account, I guess it would tell me where her phone is  :-\

Excellent Steve...... :y :y Downloaded and onto my phone, protects all sorts, just logged on with my lap top and it found my phone for me........... :y :y

Can also lock and Screa, should be good if its stolen or lost.... :D :D

Now, how do I set this up on Miss Vamps Iphone without her knowing?......... :-X :-X
She's a teenager, of course she'll be smarter than you.

Absolutely, particularly when it comes to new technology.......... ::) ::) :-[

If she gets wise and turns the phone off you are fooked ;)

Oh she is wise, seems her GPRS is switched off, as is her boyfriends, she has her phone locked and it never leaves her side......... ::) ::)

aaronjb

« Reply #16 on: 25 November 2014, 09:53:34 »

Ankle monitor?

Might as well go the whole hog ;)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 25 November 2014, 12:39:12 »

You'll be asking about chastity belts next!  :o  ;D   You could get yourself a shotgun....  ;)  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

chrisgixer

« Reply #18 on: 25 November 2014, 12:47:28 »

Didn't think it worked across platforms?

05omegav6

« Reply #19 on: 25 November 2014, 14:20:54 »

The question you should be asking is do you really want to know where she is, and why?

I ask, because if you're trying to justify it as a personal safety issue, then you really shouldn't be tracking her. If you know where she is, then you'll next want to know who she was with and what she's doing.

The fact that her phone is 'hidden' speaks volumes imho...

If you're genuinely concerned, you need to simply trust her until demonstrated otherwise...

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 25 November 2014, 15:43:54 »

If you know where to look you can see exactly where the phone has been, updated every few seconds, including details of local WiFi networks.

The data is collected and harvested by Apple usually without the user's direct knowledge (hidden in the T's and C's)

Any half decent forensic tool can extract the info and display it on google maps :y

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 25 November 2014, 15:52:48 »

Tell her the truth, you worry about her and in an emergency it would help locate her, also if her phone gets stolen then it may help retrieve it.  Works both ways if you took ill wouldn't she want to locate you asap.  :y
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 25 November 2014, 15:56:31 »

Just reading in to the detail of the requirements, without her permission you would be in breach of the Misuse of Computers Act and probably the Communciations Act too.

However, if you were to give her a new phone with something installed on it to monitor her you would only be breaking the latter law  ;D

A 4 number pin takes just a few minutes to brute force using the right tools if you were to ever get your hands on it, but then you are in breach of the former law again  ::)

05omegav6

« Reply #23 on: 25 November 2014, 16:47:13 »

Just reading in to the detail of the requirements, without her permission you would be in breach of the Misuse of Computers Act and probably the Communciations Act too.

However, if you were to give her a new phone with something installed on it to monitor her you would only be breaking the latter law  ;D

A 4 number pin takes just a few minutes to brute force using the right tools if you were to ever get your hands on it, but then you are in breach of the former law again  ::)
Which given the OPs field of work, he should be only too well aware of :-\

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 25 November 2014, 18:35:34 »

If you know where to look you can see exactly where the phone has been, updated every few seconds, including details of local WiFi networks.

The data is collected and harvested by Apple usually without the user's direct knowledge (hidden in the T's and C's)

Any half decent forensic tool can extract the info and display it on google maps :y
Only with physical access to the device, so can't use as a "where is it now", only a "where has it been". Not sure what Vamps is after, but I suspect something more real time...  ...but as chrisgixer suggests, this may cause more issues than it solves, and you can bet she is more astute than that if she doesn't want to be tracked.
Grumpy old man

The Sheriff

chrisgixer

« Reply #26 on: 25 November 2014, 21:21:13 »

Tap Settings/privacy(no really)/location services/(scroll down to bottom)system services/(scroll down to before product improvement)frequent locations /scroll down to history. All recent locations are there.

Gives last month or so. But needs hands on access. Settings are on by default.

Nothing to hide me. ;)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 25 November 2014, 23:18:45 »

You'll be asking about chastity belts next!  :o  ;D   You could get yourself a shotgun....  ;)  ::)

No need, he is a canny lad really, he, his mother and I have an 'understanding' and I do trust her, was just wondering, as I played with my new phone that has 'apps' on it........ :D :D :D

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 26 November 2014, 15:49:50 »

Tap Settings/privacy(no really)/location services/(scroll down to bottom)system services/(scroll down to before product improvement)frequent locations /scroll down to history. All recent locations are there.

Gives last month or so. But needs hands on access. Settings are on by default.

Nothing to hide me. ;)

There is a CSV file, only accessible on the local filesystem with much more than that.  In effect, every iPhone 3S and older is a WiFi pineapple.  A fact which helps me justify to any over enthusiastic copper using a real one purposefully at home:

Mr Plod: You have a WiFi pineapple?
Me: Yes
Mr Plod: Do you know that it is illegal?
Me: It isn't.
Mr Plod: According to the Communications Act...blah blah blah
Me: Do you own an iPhone?
Mr Plod: Yes
Me: in which case you are breaking the law too

IIRC, the file keeps several months worth of data until it gets too big and then it overwrites itself :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.