Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: new head unit  (Read 7820 times)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: new head unit
« Reply #30 on: 17 December 2018, 21:58:52 »

I have a Eonon unit in my car. It works with any Android app and have Bluetooth phone access and built in radio plus navigation with Google maps or any other navigation app for Android.

It will need a adapter harness to get to the steering wheel buttons but it is not hard to find.

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=136202.msg1748266#msg1748266
Wont work with an existing Bose setup unless all the Bose Stuff, Bose Loom, Amp and Speakers are ripped out and start all over again.
looks like i stuck with the original set up for now then, and maybe in the new year will look at getting it all replaced or replace the car for something newer :(
If you want to hang on for a month or two into the New Year Terry, I may have a simple solution for you (Standard off the shelf HU into a Omega Bose Set Up) that I need to finalize some testing on, just at the Mo, got too much other stuff going on.  ;)

b4ndit

• Omega Knight
  • chester
  • Retired
    • VW Phaeton
    • View Profile
Re: new head unit
« Reply #31 on: 17 December 2018, 22:09:59 »

I have a Eonon unit in my car. It works with any Android app and have Bluetooth phone access and built in radio plus navigation with Google maps or any other navigation app for Android.

It will need a adapter harness to get to the steering wheel buttons but it is not hard to find.

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=136202.msg1748266#msg1748266
Wont work with an existing Bose setup unless all the Bose Stuff, Bose Loom, Amp and Speakers are ripped out and start all over again.
looks like i stuck with the original set up for now then, and maybe in the new year will look at getting it all replaced or replace the car for something newer :(
If you want to hang on for a month or two into the New Year Terry, I may have a simple solution for you (Standard off the shelf HU into a Omega Bose Set Up) that I need to finalize some testing on, just at the Mo, got too much other stuff going on.  ;)
thanks Zirk will do let me know how you get on :y :y
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.