Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 1748   Go Down

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 2980998 times)

Osprey

• Redhill, Surrey
  • Drink up. The world's about to end.
    • 01 2.6 Elite saloon
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #1155 on: 03 November 2011, 15:33:05 »

New wiper blades all round on the Corsa and the Omega. GM ones fitted instead of the horrid clunky Ebay Aero wipers.

Much better  :y :y

Just reminded me - shoved new Vx wipers on mine the other day.  I was surprised to find they are much better than the previous Bosch ones were, even when they were new.   :y
I feel like a military academy. Bits of me keep passing out.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: 03 November 2011, 19:03:58 »

Went to the tyre place and had the four Neuton NT5000s fitted in the interests of scientific endeavour and so I can give a long term running report to you all. Not because I'm too tight to buy real tyres. Honest.

Got to laugh at the hopelessness of the bloke air gunning the nuts up and then getting the torque wrench out ;D

Oh and had a good look under the car while I was there, and checked the pads - rears look brand new, fronts are erm.. 'gnats wotsit' thick  :-[ best I put those pads I bought a couple of months back on soon! ;D
Be interesting to hear another person's feedback... I'm not sure I'd buy them again at the moment, but I'll reserve judgement until after I've done the suspension work

well,  i've had mine a month or thereabouts...

sorry to say, not impressed,  won't be buying again....

okay, if not stellar in the dry.....  but wet....   rubbish....     my previous tyres,   cheapo admirals , were far better, and they're not amazing themselves.
Got to admit, I'm not overly surprised. Mine seemed good for the first 1k or so but not overly impressed with them any more. Guessing that the problem isn't my wallowy suspension then ::)

Guess I'll be sticking SC3's on when the next tyre change is due ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

aaronjb

« Reply #1157 on: 04 November 2011, 10:00:35 »

Today I discovered that MaxV6 is right - these Neuton tyres have absolutely no grip at all in the wet, as I executed a lovely four wheel drift around a roundabout this morning  :o :o :o (and later, tried to pull out of a side road 'swiftly' only to find bags of wheelspin and not a lot of movement)

I'm somewhat hoping it's just because they've only done 40 miles and haven't scrubbed the release agent off them yet, but...

05omegav6

« Reply #1158 on: 04 November 2011, 10:53:12 »

Today I discovered that MaxV6 is right - these Neuton tyres have absolutely no grip at all in the wet, as I executed a lovely four wheel drift around a roundabout this morning  :o :o :o (and later, tried to pull out of a side road 'swiftly' only to find bags of wheelspin and not a lot of movement)

I'm somewhat hoping it's just because they've only done 40 miles and haven't scrubbed the release agent off them yet, but...

Got Runway directionals on back of mine, sheet to a blanket unless TC off. :y Fronts are made of greaseproof paper ::), but at least they give the ABS a good workout :-X

aaronjb

« Reply #1159 on: 04 November 2011, 10:59:22 »

Got Runway directionals on back of mine, sheet to a blanket unless TC off. :y Fronts are made of greaseproof paper ::), but at least they give the ABS a good workout :-X

I thought these couldn't possibly be as bad as the mix of 1x Michelin (and we know how TB feels about those) and 3x "Sportiva" no-names.. but apparently I was wrong ;D

I should have done with a friend of mine recommended - ask the taxi drivers what they use ;)

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: 04 November 2011, 12:11:29 »

Replaced my lumbar support, thats a fiddley job, with getting the support onto the holding springs.

maracus

• Intermediate Member
  • Cambs
  • Hahaha cool- 1000+bhp combined on the drive!!!!!!!
    • 3.0mv6 auto, cav4x4 turbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: 04 November 2011, 14:11:11 »

I thought these couldn't possibly be as bad as the mix of 1x Michelin (and we know how TB feels about those) and 3x "Sportiva" no-names.. but apparently I was wrong ;D

I should have done with a friend of mine recommended - ask the taxi drivers what they use ;)

That's a good shout!! And local delivery vans they get hammered lol!

After this morning, uniroyal rainXperts will be going on this omega when the time comes!!
The weather is here... Wish you were beautiful!

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: 04 November 2011, 15:05:07 »

just an oil and filter change and a blast up the a38 :)

deltaman

• South Lincolnshire
    • 03 omega CD 2.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: 04 November 2011, 15:36:27 »

Had the dreaded MOT today, sailed through no problems, no advisory's, first time since I have owned the car (Three Years) its not cost me money, service time is in January not done many miles this 5K, but it will still go in.

So now got the towing problems fixed maybe I can have a period without putting my hand in the pocket (said he with hope).

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: 04 November 2011, 16:39:35 »

Gave mine a wash and hoover out today,its a Merc so does'nt need fixing................much :-X
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: 04 November 2011, 17:46:46 »

Charged the Elite's battery, as the alarm went off this morning.

Lack of use and a tired battery (original).  Useless student nicked my spare battery :(
Grumpy old man

feeutfo

« Reply #1166 on: 04 November 2011, 18:00:29 »

Charged the Elite's battery, as the alarm went off this morning.

Lack of use and a tired battery (original).  Useless student nicked my spare battery :(
my old 3.2 used to do that... In fact that's the same battery Tunnie now has ;D

...although I power sounder is at Kevs. :)

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: 04 November 2011, 18:24:26 »

The Heat Shield on the Scoob decided to break its tack welds...... it sounded terrible so jacked the car up, axle stands in place, drivers wheel off for a little more light, battery disconnected.... welder at ready then found the gas had run out in my welder ::) so wheel back on, connect the battery so I could go and get a new bottle ;D ;D

Anyway a nice quiet car again  :y
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: 04 November 2011, 19:23:39 »

Picked up the two refurbed wheels from the tyre place, now wearing SportContact 3's, will fit tomorrow. New indicator relay arrived from AndyC so fitted that. Battery removed to charge up and temp battery installed. Will book it in for an MOT now!!

albitz

« Reply #1169 on: 05 November 2011, 21:39:13 »

Cleaned the breathers,finished spraying the first of four Elite alloys,started prepping the second alloy - and did a bit of work on the 24 year old Honda 90 which has ended up sat on my drive.Hasnt been started since 2004 - had it up and running in just over an hour,which pleased the owner. :)
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 1748   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.