Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: which text car history service?  (Read 1597 times)

SMD

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • :( nowt
    • View Profile
which text car history service?
« on: 24 August 2014, 19:23:52 »

So I will bite the bullet and view the Zafira tomorrow.  I want to check the history to see if it has been registered write off. I doubt a car like a Zafira would have any outstanding finance. I dont want to spend £20 on HHPI. Any recommendations.?

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
Re: which text car history service?
« Reply #1 on: 24 August 2014, 20:15:36 »

If you are going to pay £1200 for the Zafira it,s surely worth another 20quid to get it checked out. ???

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 August 2014, 20:19:07 »

Text ''car text check''. I got loads of info off that including write off info, about £3 IIRC
RIP Paul Lovejoy

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 August 2014, 20:22:18 »

Rather than spend 20 quid (50 cigs if you smoke) or (6pints if you drink) would you rather risk your money on a motor that may..just may have a dodgey history ???????      its only 20 quid for peace of mind. :y

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 August 2014, 21:27:57 »

It's worth it. My boss at work brought a 320d only after I told him to do a hpi check. Good job he did it had outstanding finance of £11000 on it. We'll worth it for £20 and peace of mind :y

X30XE

• UK
    • 740i,728i,S320 & Disco
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 August 2014, 23:19:46 »

Unfortunately the genuine HPI one is the only one that is even remotely reliable and insures it's information to protect you.

You may as well throw £4 into the wind than consult any of the text services.  :y
Omegatitis : [in remission]
Current "illnesses" : '00 740i | '00 728i |'00 S320 | '00 Discovery V8 | '03 9-5 HOT Aero | '06 Mini One  |  '98 406

05omegav6

« Reply #6 on: 24 August 2014, 23:25:14 »

Dvla vehicle check will tell when tax and mot are due and also vehicle identity check status :y

Best bit is it's free 8)

Doesn't cover finance/stolen or insurance history...

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 August 2014, 00:17:42 »

Ive always done 83600, then the 1.50 on top for HPI and mileage, always worked for me  ;)

SMD

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25 August 2014, 05:55:54 »

Thanks for the replies. Thinking about it, £20 doesn't sound too bad in the grand scheme of things however its no longer necessary because the missus has allowed to keep the omega

What a nice lady  ::)

omega3000

« Reply #9 on: 25 August 2014, 10:48:43 »

Thanks for the replies. Thinking about it, £20 doesn't sound too bad in the grand scheme of things however its no longer necessary because the missus has allowed to keep the omega

What a nice lady  ::)

She knows it makes sense in the end  ;) You could be buying into a whole lot of trouble , at least you know your Omega inside out ..well at least most long term Omega owners do  ;D

SMD

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 25 August 2014, 13:17:35 »

She knows it makes sense in the end  ;) You could be buying into a whole lot of trouble , at least you know your Omega inside out ..well at least most long term Omega owners do  ;D

Just got some quotes for insurance on the Zafira and Omega. They cost similar to insure. They cost similar to tax. The Omega cost more on fuel but the Zafira doesn't exactly sip fuel either. Maintenance wise, the Omega is not in need of any major work but the Zafira could well turn out to be a lemon. To buy a Zafira I have to sell the Omega and pay MORE money to have an inferior car with LESS comfort, almost half the engine capacity and less toys.  :o

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 25 August 2014, 14:33:09 »

Just got some quotes for insurance on the Zafira and Omega. They cost similar to insure. They cost similar to tax. The Omega cost more on fuel but the Zafira doesn't exactly sip fuel either. Maintenance wise, the Omega is not in need of any major work but the Zafira could well turn out to be a lemon. To buy a Zafira I have to sell the Omega and pay MORE money to have an inferior car with LESS comfort, almost half the engine capacity and less toys.  :o
There you go then, you know it makes sense. :y

SMD

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 25 August 2014, 17:47:53 »

We really need that extra seat though otherwise I would have run the Omega into the ground.

We have decided to up our budget and buy a Zaf B but I have already insured the Omega for another year. Although the insurance starts on Wednesday I would have to pay £50 to cancel
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.