• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: V6 mpg
« Reply #30 on: 01 December 2017, 15:22:21 »

Sh!t figures.  :D

3.2 Auto Saloon, London commute of 25 ish miles from Surrey. Mixture of motorway, city and heavy traffic = 24 mpg average.
I suspect few others could achieve that.

To the OP, pre LPG, my:
3.2 - approx. 21mpg day to day, 30mpg on a clear 80mph long motorway cruise, mid/high teens if I had a lot of fun over the tank
3.0 - 24mpg day to day, 35 on a clear run
2.5 - 27mpg day to day
2.5 chipped with 3l cams - 25mpg day to day

Currently 22.9 over current tank, which is almost out, think slowly I'm getting that binary throttle control  :D  ;D
Good lad, that's better :y
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 01 December 2017, 15:23:13 »

So why not have a heavy right foot!  :D
That's better
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 01 December 2017, 15:25:54 »

As I don't drive Chav, I never fill it. We passed Shell Bicester the other day, 67.9p :o. I know this is one of the most expensive LPG areas, but that was shocking.

Mind you, Bicester is mostly unusable due to that stupid train line, the crossing is currently closed 25mins every hour, and Chiltern are trying for 50 mins every hour :o
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 01 December 2017, 15:30:44 »

As I don't drive Chav, I never fill it. We passed Shell Bicester the other day, 67.9p :o. I know this is one of the most expensive LPG areas, but that was shocking.

A lot of garages are pricing it so high, as if to drive down sales and justify removing the pumps  :-\

I need to check Shell at Fleet, that was always reasonable. If Hatton Cross BP stopped selling the stuff, it could be a deal breaker for me.

Is there a way to check if BP station is run by BP? Guessing this one is not, as it's got a Co-Op attached.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 01 December 2017, 15:37:00 »

I found London LPG so much cheaper - when I was working at HarrypotterLand last yeah, the nearby Saino's and nearby Shell were same price as Asda, but with the advantage of always having some, unlike the mongs at High Wycombe.
Grumpy old man

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 01 December 2017, 15:44:39 »

A lot of garages are pricing it so high, as if to drive down sales and justify removing the pumps  :-\

I need to check Shell at Fleet, that was always reasonable. If Hatton Cross BP stopped selling the stuff, it could be a deal breaker for me.

Is there a way to check if BP station is run by BP? Guessing this one is not, as it's got a Co-Op attached.
If you cant get the Asda, Morisons or Sainsburys (normaly around the 54/55p touch) or Shell around here, then hunt down some MRH Stations, normally BP, Esso or Texico,

Im sure theres a few MRH in your neck in SW London, one of my local BP MRH was doing it for 53.9 for ages until recently, my have said these before but due to having more than one LPG cars, I tend to carry around 2 of the MRH Discounts Cards, use the first 1 -5p Off for 30L Top Ups, then the 6 - 10p Off for full refills, Yea I know very Sad, but was working out at 48p on average, plus i do seem to get quite a few of those 500 Nectar Till Receipt thing'ys, from BP fill ups, thats worth another £2.50.  :D ;)
« Last Edit: 01 December 2017, 15:47:15 by zirk »

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 01 December 2017, 15:50:57 »

I found London LPG so much cheaper - when I was working at HarrypotterLand last yeah, the nearby Saino's and nearby Shell were same price as Asda, but with the advantage of always having some, unlike the mongs at High Wycombe.
Ive given up with that one over the years, when ever I was in Area, it was always Out of Stock or the Pumps broken again.

Yea, London is quiet good for Gas, especially the NE part.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 01 December 2017, 15:51:36 »

plus i do seem to get quite a few of those 500 Nectar Till Receipt thing'ys, from BP fill ups, thats worth another £2.50.  :D ;)
£2.50 doesn't even begin to cover the rear tyre cost from me visiting our local BP  :-[
Grumpy old man

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 01 December 2017, 15:54:35 »

plus i do seem to get quite a few of those 500 Nectar Till Receipt thing'ys, from BP fill ups, thats worth another £2.50.  :D ;)
£2.50 doesn't even begin to cover the rear tyre cost from me visiting our local BP  :-[
Thats because you drive around on 3 wheels all time, and even when all 4 are on the ground I doubt that any one of them are rotating at the same speed as the others.  ;D

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 01 December 2017, 15:55:06 »

On my various commutes I have 4 really, others are just not realistic in rush-hour traffic.

Texaco - A4: Generally the cheapest, would be around 5p cheaper than BP, but the pumps were sh!t, so unreliable. Often not giving right pressure or out of service. Price never on board, had to look at the pump. (might do this on way home)
BP - Hatton Cross: Used to be most expensive, but cheaper recently. Pumps reliable. Currently 61.9
Shell - M3 Sunbury.  Reliable, but not on my main commute route, means detour. 65.9 currently!
Shell - Fleet area. Need to check their price. *plus this one is not close enough as a commuter filling station.

Not got any supermarkets around here that sell fuel, Asda High Wycombe was brilliant when I did Brackley-London commute.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 01 December 2017, 16:17:49 »

Thats because you drive around on 3 wheels all time, and even when all 4 are on the ground I doubt that any one of them are rotating at the same speed as the others.  ;D
I swear the Scottish idiot asks me if I want coffee for a laugh, because he knows he'll get a full-on rant about drinking hot liquids at 90mph along the A43.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 01 December 2017, 16:40:15 »

Fleet services is barely three miles from the Nursery :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 01 December 2017, 16:48:41 »

Fleet services is barely three miles from the Nursery :-X

Presume that was direct at me?

Fleet Shell - It's 8 miles off my route, so 16miles return. Given my commute is 25 miles each way and roughly 1 hour, that's some premium in distance and time.

Add into the fact I have a very tight time to get home, to pick up little MrsT, I cannot afford this extra addition. I've done it before, when I had LPG, so I do know it.  ::)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 01 December 2017, 16:52:59 »

Got to be easier than trying to fight in and out of the garage at Hatton Cross :-\

I am sure that if you wanted it to be viable it could be... after all, a tank should last you a week... ;)

That's to say that "not on my route" actually means that it's not on your regular commute rather than being on Mars...

Passing it on the way out (or back) at the weekend isn't beyond reason. Equally you seem to go to Brighton a bit, and I can think of several lpg stockists between Camberley and there, regardless of route ;)
« Last Edit: 01 December 2017, 17:00:23 by Doctor Gollum »
Onanists always think outside the box.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 01 December 2017, 16:54:56 »

Im sure Ive used a Sainsburys for LPG about 3 mins off the M25 down that way  :-\
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.