Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Brexit stockpiling  (Read 5917 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit stockpiling
« Reply #30 on: 10 March 2019, 22:58:54 »

;D ;D :y...………….got to laugh. Otherwise we would have to cry.  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 11 March 2019, 07:29:07 »

From what I gather on the news there will be a second "meaningful" vote this week-likely to be defeated as nothing has changed since last one.Then a vote on leaving with no deal and a further vote on extending article 50,the latter being the most widely tipped outcome.They seem to believe that a vote for an extension is then a done deal,but don't the EU countries get a vote on whether they'll allow such an extension? I'm sure I saw it somewhere that Macron had said he'd veto the idea unless the UK came up with some new idea[as in deciding to remain most likely]to break the impasse?

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 11 March 2019, 14:34:41 »

A misconception is that the Act passed by Parliament which says we leave on the 29th of March is Primary legislation which takes priority in our Parliamentary system over any motions, which there have been numerous. If (in the unlikely event) May's WA abomination is passed then this will be registered as an International Treaty which we must abide by however damaging the terms are to the UK. If it is not passed then we leave on WTO terms, with no deal, on the 29th of March.

To stop either of these scenarios, would require this act to be amended.

Extending Article 50 after the 2nd July 2019 is not possible as things stand as we cannot be an EU member without MEPs in their Parliament. Now after the 29th March when we leave our seats no longer exist and have been reallocated to other member EU countries in their forthcoming election. The reality is that they cannot extend Article 50 beyond 2-3 months even if ALL other EU countries agree, which is in considerable doubt as several countries just want to see us gone, good riddance, don't let the door hit our butts on the way out, where we are seen as the troublemaker country holding back the creation of the EUSSR.

BTW once Treason May made David Davis', Steve Baker's, Boris Johnston's positions untenable so they resigned and May & Olly Robins took personal charge, there have been no meaningful negotiations where the EU negotiators, May & Robbins are all on the same side (along with Blair, Mandelson, Major, Clark etc, etc) with the same aim to make leaving much worse, so we rejoin in months with no opt-outs and bigger financial payment. May hasn't been clever, cunning or smart where she is as thick as pig sh*t & compliant and easily lead and used as a yes person. If you are looking for a classic case of what treason looks like by colluding with the other side, this is it.

When this is over their needs to be a Royal Commission appointed to look into what has happened and if there have been crimes committed, people need to go to jail for selling this country's interests out to an adversity.

Personally, I think May, Robbins, Blair, Mandelson, Major Clark etc, etc have overplayed their hands and given too much away to the EU which has made the deal unacceptable to the majority of Brexit MPs and the opposition doing what oppositions do (their job is in their title) which is to make life as difficult for Governments by opposing what they are trying to achieve.

Without any majority to amend our leaving legislation, we leave with no deal on the 29th. :y :y :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 11 March 2019, 15:09:07 »

Interestingly, SKY news is currently reporting that the EU Commission made an offer to the UK negotiators whereby the UK could unilaterally leave the backstop, but the UK cabinet rejected it.
This is exactly what they say they are asking for and the EU wont hear of it.
Seems like someone is telling even more porkies than we realise ?  ???
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 11 March 2019, 16:58:24 »

Interestingly, SKY news is currently reporting that the EU Commission made an offer to the UK negotiators whereby the UK could unilaterally leave the backstop, but the UK cabinet rejected it.

As I understand it, the offer made by Barnier was that Great Britain could leave the backstop but Northern Ireland had to stay behind. This was the original version of the backstop which was rejected and quite rightly has been rejected again.  :y

You are right that the media are reporting that it is the UK that has been made the offer, but it is a case of mis reporting or mischief making!  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 11 March 2019, 17:35:15 »

As I understand it, the offer made by Barnier was that Great Britain could leave the backstop but Northern Ireland had to stay behind. This was the original version of the backstop which was rejected and quite rightly has been rejected again.  :y

You are right that the media are reporting that it is the UK that has been made the offer, but it is a case of mis reporting or mischief making!  ::)
If somebody actually bothered to ask Northern Ireland if they were happy with that then NI will probably agree to it   ::)              ..........closely followed by Scotland and Wales who would say, yea we'll have some of that as well  ;D.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 11 March 2019, 17:44:00 »

From what I gather on the news there will be a second "meaningful" vote this week-likely to be defeated as nothing has changed since last one.Then a vote on leaving with no deal and a further vote on extending article 50,the latter being the most widely tipped outcome.They seem to believe that a vote for an extension is then a done deal,but don't the EU countries get a vote on whether they'll allow such an extension? I'm sure I saw it somewhere that Macron had said he'd veto the idea unless the UK came up with some new idea[as in deciding to remain most likely]to break the impasse?

Yep....another 'meaningful' vote tomorrow and if that doesn't go to plan there could be another 'meaningful' vote before March 29th.

It seems to me the 'meaningful' votes are meaningless. :-\

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 12 March 2019, 00:03:05 »

If it goes the way the media expect i.e. an extension, I hope it is past July the 2nd and someone insists on meaningful democracy with the UK having EU MEPs again.

It will be a bit awkward as the UK seats have been redistributed I believe.

My guess is two extensions. First till early summer to avoid the inconvenience of UK MEPs and once that hurdle is past, a further extension to infinity.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 12 March 2019, 09:45:53 »

Jon Snow of Channel 4 News Tweets :-

" A Lawyer contact tells me that the legal world is aware that the Attorney General said NO last night to the validity of Mrs May's 'new EU deal'...he been told to go away and find a way to say YES: A cohort of lawyers has been summoned. "

Geoffrey Cox the Attorney General replies :-

" 'dangle berries' "

;D

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 12 March 2019, 10:29:29 »

I found veggies from Kenya, Peru and Ghana, fruit from South Africa and New Zealand, fish from Vietnam, corned beef from Brazil and wine from Australia, New Zealand, Chile and the USA.  That was from a quick one man cursory survey.  ;)

The issue is that the vast majority of it lands in European ports and is then transferred to the Uk, we have similar with large quantities of ROW parts.  :( :(

Brexit will be and always was going to be a complete mess, no matter who is negotiating it

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 12 March 2019, 10:47:16 »

I found veggies from Kenya, Peru and Ghana, fruit from South Africa and New Zealand, fish from Vietnam, corned beef from Brazil and wine from Australia, New Zealand, Chile and the USA.  That was from a quick one man cursory survey.  ;)

The issue is that the vast majority of it lands in European ports and is then transferred to the Uk, we have similar with large quantities of ROW parts.  :( :(

Brexit will be and always was going to be a complete mess, no matter who is negotiating it

The Rotterdam effect?

I'm sure there are solutions to all these problems, but there needs to be the political will to solve them.  ;)

The only way to solve the Irish border conundrum for example is through the terms of trade, but the EU have resolutely refused to discuss the future relationship, insisting on the absurd backstop and May and Robbins have stupidly or complicitly gone along with it...  ::)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 12 March 2019, 11:14:18 »

Any problems which may arise wont be permanent ones. They might last until the EU collapses in on itself, which will probably happen in the next decade.  :)

STEMO

« Reply #42 on: 12 March 2019, 11:59:06 »

Any problems which may arise wont be permanent ones. They might last until the EU collapses in on itself, which will probably happen in the next decade.  :)
Hope I live long enough to see it.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 12 March 2019, 12:18:44 »

Me too.  :y :)

STEMO

« Reply #44 on: 12 March 2019, 12:20:41 »

Me too.  :y :)
What? Me....or you?  ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.