Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Emissions light sorted !  (Read 855 times)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Emissions light sorted !
« on: 22 July 2007, 18:09:57 »

Spent a few mins re-arranging my Vacc and breather pipes this morning. I had the evaporator vacc feed wrong, and the camcover breather wrong.

Since correcting these - emissions light has gone out ;D

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
Re: Emissions light sorted !
« Reply #1 on: 22 July 2007, 18:10:59 »

Strange, when assembling the engine I could not get it quite right...(I even asked Mark to take a look).. however today, it took me less than 5 minutes to see what was up.

Shows what looking at things with a clear head can do!!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 July 2007, 18:25:22 »

Strange, when assembling the engine I could not get it quite right...(I even asked Mark to take a look).. however today, it took me less than 5 minutes to see what was up.

Shows what looking at things with a clear head can do!!
Aye, if I can't get my head round something, stopping for a cuppa and/or sleep on it, its usually clearer afterwards :y
Grumpy old man

megaomega123

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 July 2007, 18:42:27 »

Isn't it so enlightening when you spot it  :D
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #4 on: 22 July 2007, 18:45:17 »

Well done  :y

Im suprised you didnt get probs on lpg with switching to petrol around town.

That vac pipe to the evapourator controls how much lpg gets fed into the inlet.....no vac and its max amount of gas.....which isnt a prob if you floor it everywhere....but poodle about town and the pressure builds up too much, ecu notices and thinks theres a fault and switches to petrol.

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 July 2007, 22:05:26 »

Are you saying then, that the more you rev the engine, the more Vacc goes to the evaporator?

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #6 on: 22 July 2007, 22:40:09 »

Are you saying then, that the more you rev the engine, the more Vacc goes to the evaporator?

Well. from ive found out....no vac to evapourator means full gas pressure....lots of vac means less pressure

Martin_1962

« Reply #7 on: 22 July 2007, 23:32:17 »

Well. from ive found out....no vac to evapourator means full gas pressure....lots of vac means less pressure

I had a breather pipe split and this over pressured my Romano injectors - which don't like too much pressure but are quiet and reliable.

No vac is full flow!

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 July 2007, 09:55:53 »

Vacuum is a good indicator of engine load, and this is why it's used to control LPG delivery (and fuel injection on many cars, although the MAF does that job on an Omega).

Imagine an engine idling (very little load). The engine's trying to suck air in at roughly its' swept volume every stroke but the throttle is limiting this to very much less. The result is that a vacuum builds up in the inlet manifold.

Gun it away from the lights at full throttle and the throttle valve is wide open, and presenting very little resistance to the path of air into the engine. The manifold vacuum collapses and you have pretty much ambient pressure in the inlet manifold.

So, the LPG system will indeed deliver more gas as the vacuum disappears.

This is also why the vacuum systems that control the multirams and other gadgets have those pesky reservoirs that keep breaking - because, under full throttle conditions, there is no vacuum from the engine, so they store a little vacuum to be used in such circumstances. If you can store a vaccum, that is :-/ :-? :-X

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.