Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thieving Gits  (Read 1855 times)

Big Steve

• Intermediate Member
  • Coventry
    • View Profile
Thieving Gits
« on: 21 January 2007, 19:37:26 »

Been out for a nice drive in the Omega on Saturday, came back home parked up on the driveway went in & looked forward to a nice relaxing evening. Sent my son to get something out the back of my old rusting 92 Astra only to have him say it's gone, even though it looked a nail it was reliable, got me to work everyday & did around 50mpg. Reported it to the police who said they would look into it. Meanwhile decided to jump in the meega with my two sons & a baseball bat & have a look around the area, knowing full well there was no petrol in the car & they wouldn’t get very far. Drove down the road, saw two suspicious people running away from some garages. Had a look down the entrance to the garages & there was the astra. Quickly checked the car and found that they had bent back the top of the driver’s door to get in, and then smashed the entire ignition system to try & get it started. Jumped back in the car to try & find the two people but they were long gone. Phoned the police again to tell them I had found it, and then they turned up 10 min's later.  Just had time to take my details before they had to respond to another job.

The worst part of this was the trouble I had getting the car back up the hill to my house, car was out of action, the hill was to steep to push up, the AA said they couldn’t help because it wasn’t a break down (so much for paying them every year) they told me to call my insurance who said they couldn’t arrange recovery because it hadn’t been in an accident, call back Monday during office hours. Nobody I asked had a tow rope and the police told me I needed to get it on my driveway so that it wouldn’t be temptation for others torch it.

The way I managed to get it back in the end was when the scenes of crime officer gave me some advice on how to start it with no ignition the following morning.

Now I have to get in touch with the insurance company on Monday, who I think will just write it off after who knows how long of a wait.

One good thing I suppose is that it was the astra and not the meega :y

So how was your saturday night :question
IT'S AN OMEGA JIM BUT NOT AS WE KNOW IT

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Thieving Gits
« Reply #1 on: 21 January 2007, 19:44:02 »

Sorry to hear that pal. Kinda bitter sweet too in that you got the motor back, but in the circumstances of the damage and trouble you'll have trying to get it sorted, sometimes getting it back in this condition isn't always a happy ending.  :-/

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 January 2007, 19:50:16 »

bastards!! - wish people like that would just get a job!! and buy their own damn car.

At least you found it  :y

x25xe

• Hayes, Middlesex
  • Avater removed due to size
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 January 2007, 20:10:56 »

Sorry to hear about this - I bet it made your blood boil.  It would have done with me.

It really is time that crime was punished and dealt with properly.  At least the Police showed up!

Hope it all works out for you and you get it fixed without too much hassle and expense.
1998 2.5 V6 Omega CDX, Leather and Electric Pack!

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 January 2007, 20:11:56 »

All i can say is what a pair of useless FUC*ING WAN*ERS well done on finding it though
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #5 on: 21 January 2007, 20:13:58 »

Grrrrrrrrrr I have been the victim of car crime last yesr so i know how you feel  :(
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 January 2007, 21:16:48 »

Barstards.

I used to have this frequently when I lived in Aylesbury.  Had several cars broken into, esp my Astra GTE, but never stolen to to the lack of sufficient braincells of the idiotted youths.
Grumpy old man

Timbuk

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
  • owned a Datsun 120y once!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 January 2007, 22:14:41 »

Glad you got the motor back :y

So how was your saturday night :question

I just happened to look through the blinds as i was going to bed last night (1.30am), it was p*ss*ng down, just wanted to see what it was doing, as i looked  through there was a guy standing at the end of my drive right in front of the meega, ( the meega is pretty full of all my tools at the moment ) he soon walked off when he noticed i was watching him, so i too got out Bobby Baseball Bat and watched from a bedroom window to see if my suspicions were right. Five minutes later he walked past again on his mobile had a quick glance towards the meega so i made sure he saw me. Never saw him again, but the first thing i did this morning was check out the window :-? Think i spoilt his nights work ;) Tosser

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 January 2007, 23:53:55 »

I keep an electric baton beside my bed for such things.....

A 5 (or 6) cell maglite....    ;D

Handy to flood them in light from the bedroom window or......     :-X     :P
« Last Edit: 22 January 2007, 00:15:52 by hotel21 »

megaomega123

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22 January 2007, 00:11:45 »

Really sorry to hear that m8. These people really anger me. Should've told the police it was doing 40 in a 30 zone, bet they would be there in a flash.
Seriously though, I wish you had caught them in the act and then posted the pics.
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22 January 2007, 14:28:27 »

Sorry to hear that...

The insurance company may write it off and let you keep it. If so you could use the money you get from the insurance to fix it, but the problem is that you will not be able to insure it again (with any insurance company) other than 3rd party insurance.
« Last Edit: 22 January 2007, 14:28:50 by markjay »
Alas, no more Omegas....

mijfife

• Intermediate Member
  • Rosyth, Fife. Scotland
  • AAARRRRGGGGGGGGG, IT'S WAS ONLY A GLS!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22 January 2007, 17:13:55 »

Sorry to hear about the Astra mate  :( It might be more cost effective to fix it yourself. I'd assume that a '92 plate Astra would just be written off as they'd quote for all new parts and labour. You'll have to cough up the insurance excess anyway so might be better off straightening or replacing the door with a second hand one and doing the same with the ignition lock. Probably cost less that £50 tops from the local scrapyard all in?? As there are usually plenty of Astras, you should be able to find a door the same colour too  :y

I always shut my driveway gates and keep them padlocked at night too, just an extra deterrant for any would be theiving barstewards  ;)

Cheers Jim
The fleet consists of a Singer Chamois Coupe, an Imp based kit car - BS Nymph, and a Kawasaki GPZ 900R (& a Toyota RAV4 LPG for the work horse!)

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22 January 2007, 17:45:34 »

Sorry to here about your car one of the main problems when lo-life scum like that nick your car is the damage they do to steal it, just adds insult to injury pair of b@stards
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.