Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: door mirrors  (Read 4172 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: door mirrors
« Reply #15 on: 01 February 2016, 23:42:33 »

I did discover that there is a bolt plus 2 screws behind the door card. I managed all but one screw by  removing 2 door card screws. I could just prise it away enough to get at them. the one that remains I shall make something that will get at it. do not fancy removing door card.  :y

Never done an Astra G  face lift  ::) mirror, but the preface lift mirrors came off by removing the triangular trim above the mirror and then removing 2 screws ..... no door card involved  ;)
« Last Edit: 01 February 2016, 23:44:46 by Andy B »

05omegav6

« Reply #16 on: 01 February 2016, 23:45:25 »

I understand that Elite mirrors are electrically different from others  :-\
Correct
And perfectly interchangeable  :y

Mine has a CD drivers mirror... fitting non Elite mirrors will cost you the memory on said mirror, and fitting Elite mirrors to any other model doesn't affect the way it works :y
Correct.

Although any elite owner wouldn't tolerate non elite mirrors. Stupidly useful, particularly on the FL ones which lack the vertical view of PFL
As the only driver of my car, using the switch rather than the memory feature to tweak the mirror is no hardship ::)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01 February 2016, 23:53:25 »

As the only driver of my car, using the switch rather than the memory feature to tweak the mirror is no hardship ::)

As the only driver of my R320 I find that when/if I move my seat  or mirrors it takes me ages to get them baCk to where they were cos there's no memory settings!!!!!!!!! Argh!  >:(

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02 February 2016, 10:40:01 »

Nice thing about the memory seats/mirrors is the ability to have the mirrors set "different" for reversing .. position 1 .. normal driving me, pos 2 normal driving "her", pos 3 seats in the same place for me but the mirrors dip "downwards" slightly to show the kerb at the rear .. makes "normal" reversing as well as moving the tin-tent backwards a tad easier, and only takes a second to do ...  :)

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02 February 2016, 10:51:32 »

That's what they call 'life hacks' isn't it? Nice idea.  :) I feel the need for electric seats now!

My one is to hook the spare wheel rubber strap buckle under part of the bootlid hinge, to keep it out the way when re-inserting the spare wheel. That's my tip for the day!  :D

Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02 February 2016, 10:54:58 »

You miss the memory bit of electric seats if you downgrade. I have all electric seats but no memory & I find it takes me ages to get it right again if I move it

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02 February 2016, 11:09:19 »

Keep having the tempting thought of ripping apart an elite seat, and installing the electric internals in my PFL CDX seats. I do have two spare CDX front seats, too...  (as you do) :)

Someone did it to some MV6 ones, once, didn't they?

Off topic, anyway! Mirrors, yes, mirrors.  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02 February 2016, 11:24:06 »

Keep having the tempting thought of ripping apart an elite seat, and installing the electric internals in my PFL CDX seats. I do have two spare CDX front seats, too...  (as you do) :)

Someone did it to some MV6 ones, once, didn't they?

Off topic, anyway! Mirrors, yes, mirrors.  :)

Wouldn't it be easier to put the CDX covers onto Elite frames  :-\

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 02 February 2016, 11:52:44 »

Well, either/or, yes  :)

Never ripped a seat apart to find out what's possible and easiest. The frame might be completely different, yet. As I say, it's something of a backburner job for now.  :)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02 February 2016, 12:19:31 »

..... The frame might be completely different, yet.  ...

I'd doubt it  :-\

05omegav6

« Reply #25 on: 02 February 2016, 12:53:15 »

..... The frame might be completely different, yet.  ...

I'd doubt it  :-\
They are... but covers are interchangeable and CDX/Elite share the same velour iirc ;)

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 02 February 2016, 13:32:10 »

Suspected the frame would be different, a 'manual' and an 'electric' frame, then.

05omegav6

« Reply #27 on: 02 February 2016, 13:34:54 »

Suspected the frame would be different, a 'manual' and an 'electric' frame, then.
If only due to the motor mountings ;)

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 02 February 2016, 13:36:54 »

At some point I'll no doubt come across a 'free' scrap Elite seat I can knock about and see if it's feasible. I suppose after 12 months and much back-breaking and fiddling, then the very next day after I fit the thing one of the motors will go pop!  ::)  :)

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 02 February 2016, 17:21:11 »

I did discover that there is a bolt plus 2 screws behind the door card. I managed all but one screw by  removing 2 door card screws. I could just prise it away enough to get at them. the one that remains I shall make something that will get at it. do not fancy removing door card.  :y

Never done an Astra G  face lift  ::) mirror, but the preface lift mirrors came off by removing the triangular trim above the mirror and then removing 2 screws ..... no door card involved  ;)
  when I took the triangular cover off one screw & a 10mm bolt was visible. two further screws & a bolt these are definitely behind the door card. I took the 2 screws nearest the glove box, the 3 from underneath & 1 near the door lock. the card then pulled away enough to get a off-set screwdriver to undo them. ( put a magnet under screws incase the were dropped ) they are about 20mm below the card.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.