Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: door mirrors  (Read 4174 times)

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
Re: door mirrors
« Reply #30 on: 02 February 2016, 17:29:22 »

It`s only the three screws that need undoing
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 02 February 2016, 18:42:07 »

If the crack on the back is on the body coloured mirror casing could you not simply  pop off broken mirror glass remove coloured casing and re-fit replacement parts?saves taking entire mirror assembly off the door.

05omegav6

« Reply #32 on: 03 February 2016, 00:13:37 »

If the crack on the back is on the body coloured mirror casing could you not simply  pop off broken mirror glass remove coloured casing and re-fit replacement parts?saves taking entire mirror assembly off the door.
That works too ;)

DBG, you'll need both front door looms, the Elite mirrors, and depending on the wiring in the car, possibly the dash to drivers seat loom and elements of the dash loom...

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 03 February 2016, 09:54:10 »

Ahhh, thanks. Hmm.... like, though I do, the idea of using say 'position 2' as a 'reversing mode' I think the extra wiring involved for that would make my brain melt a bit... making an electric seat version of a CDX seat will probably be stretching my grey matter enough!

Thought 'b' would be to introduce an auto-dipping function to the door mirrors when reverse is engaged, which then return back once another gear is engaged. I'm sure some cars do this already.

Thought 'c' Just poke the button for all of 2 seconds to lower the mirrors, the 10% of the time I need it! And leave my seat the way it is. :D

'c' is winning so far  ;D
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

robson

• Omega Knight
  • Nr Ashford Kent
    • 2.6 facelift 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 03 February 2016, 11:30:03 »

I dont know what the rack is like but I might be tempted to stick the crack with superglue and finish with a fine filler, smooth and repaint

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 03 February 2016, 11:34:05 »

I'm thinking yes, just whack a new cover on. Oddly a longer job that removing and refitting a complete new mirror housing, but you're not looking for a rare colour, are you?
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 03 February 2016, 17:53:09 »

That works too ;)

DBG, you'll need both front door looms, the Elite mirrors, and depending on the wiring in the car, possibly the dash to drivers seat loom and elements of the dash loom...
Will defo need the cabin loom, and internal mirror. Its an arse of an upgrade, easier to start out with an Elite and convert to a CDX if you want a CDX with full memory seats.
Grumpy old man

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 04 February 2016, 09:12:28 »

It's fine, that's now gone on the list of 'mods which will never happen, but nice in principle'  :D

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.