Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Suspension options  (Read 3175 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Suspension options
« Reply #15 on: 04 February 2016, 15:26:59 »

I think, if I was always loading up my boot as the OP has intimated, I'd want higher riding springs. Most of the time, I have just the LPG tank in the back, and it's fine. Fully load the car, or put some load on the towbar, and it drags its' @rse on speedbumps and uneven ground.

Facelift MV6 setup does handle nicely, though, especially when lightly loaded.

So, something with MV6 ride height but stiffer, or standard ride height but stiffer than Elite SL, + decent shocks, I reckon.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 04 February 2016, 18:09:12 »

Facelift MV6 setup does handle nicely, though, especially when lightly loaded.

So, something with MV6 ride height but stiffer, or standard ride height but stiffer than Elite SL, + decent shocks, I reckon.

Agreed, MV6 setup with polys is a good setup.

What about spring assistors in the MV6 Springs, although I'd be a little concerned of weakening them by altering the load bearing characteristics?

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 04 February 2016, 19:46:48 »

What about spring assistors in the MV6 Springs, although I'd be a little concerned of weakening them by altering the load bearing characteristics?

Yes, guessing MV6 springs will have to be 2nd hand by now, meaning they might be getting fragile without any "assistance". :-\
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 04 February 2016, 20:13:53 »

Yes, guessing MV6 springs will have to be 2nd hand by now, meaning they might be getting fragile without any "assistance". :-\

These springs I bought brand new about 18 months ago (When VX could still get you a set from Germany - I think I had the third last set), they've done around 50K.

Another thought is, Chris Gixer used to recommend placing a second spring rubber pad with the centre cut out over the original to get an extra bit of height from -30mm Irmscher / Steinmetz / Eibach springs, I wonder if this would be an option with the MV6 springs?

Thanks to all contributing to this thread - it's all good information and ideas coming through.  :y

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04 February 2016, 20:25:45 »

Don't know if you have a estate or saloon but on my estate, I fitted this lot.

Front  Standard Mv6 springs / B4 shocks / poly wishbone bush.
Rear   LSC standard length heavy duty springs / B4 shocks / Oem bushes.

I did this due to the LPG tank partially behind the rear axel (spare wheel well) and 1 adult / friggin big dog OR boot full of tools / cable.

I found that with about a 1/3 tank of petrol and about 45ltrs of lpg in there, it sits perfectly level and even with the burger van tied to the back, its only about 2 inches down at the back.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 04 February 2016, 21:03:48 »

These springs I bought brand new about 18 months ago (When VX could still get you a set from Germany - I think I had the third last set), they've done around 50K.

Another thought is, Chris Gixer used to recommend placing a second spring rubber pad with the centre cut out over the original to get an extra bit of height from -30mm Irmscher / Steinmetz / Eibach springs, I wonder if this would be an option with the MV6 springs?

Thanks to all contributing to this thread - it's all good information and ideas coming through.  :y

Yep, spacer might be the best option. Can't see it stressing the spring and it will give a little more ride height.

05omegav6

« Reply #21 on: 04 February 2016, 21:08:18 »

You can get poly pads for the Monaro... Nolathane or White line iirc :-\ Might be a bit more durable than 12 year old rubber...

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 04 February 2016, 21:34:42 »

Don't know if you have a estate or saloon but on my estate

Saloon :)

Yep, spacer might be the best option. Can't see it stressing the spring and it will give a little more ride height.

Yeh that's my thinking too, the assistor would have altered the dynamics of the spring too much I think :y

You can get poly pads for the Monaro... Nolathane or White line iirc :-\ Might be a bit more durable than 12 year old rubber...

Like the sound of that, when you look at the rubber pads the indent of the spring pigtail is obvious.

05omegav6

« Reply #23 on: 04 February 2016, 21:45:01 »

Worth giving Monkfish a call :y

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 08 February 2016, 21:10:52 »

Like the sound of that, when you look at the rubber pads the indent of the spring pigtail is obvious.

These appear to be the ones I think. need to give them a call to confirm.  :y

http://www.monkfishperformance.co.uk/spring-insulator-rear-10mm-monaro-and-vt2-to-vz-commodore-models_p23023392.htm

05omegav6

« Reply #25 on: 08 February 2016, 21:29:16 »

Aye, that them :y

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 08 February 2016, 21:32:27 »

Better call them and confirm and place an order I guess!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.