Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: With regret, it really must go . . .  (Read 2005 times)

Rog

With regret, it really must go . . .
« on: 25 July 2013, 17:10:45 »

It's been sitting in my drive for some weeks now, but with the occasional spin. But now I'm using my MV6 all the time it must go.

See link below for pics and general info, but note the following:

1. Broken nearside wing mirror

2. No radio, well there is, but the fascia got ripped off trying to remove the unit

3. MOT Expires 20th feb 2014

4. Tax expires end Dec 2013

5. A test drive could be tricky, it's not insured

6. Cam kit and head gasket done in December, just a few thousand miles since

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=114951.0

I'm really not in a position to sell bits and parts, I'd still be left with the rest of it. Plus, I can't really do with all the dicking about.

It drives nicely. Seems a real shame to scrap it, but . . . .

Any questions, just ask. If you want to take a look, I'm around most of this weekend. If you live a long way from London, please think before enquiring. Are you really likely to travel a long distance ?

I'll stick with the price in the original post just to comply with rules, but I am very open to offers.

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Re: With regret, it really must go . . .
« Reply #1 on: 26 July 2013, 19:59:33 »

Rog, may I please ask who / where did the head gasket work, and what the cause of failure was? :)

Rog

« Reply #2 on: 26 July 2013, 22:55:15 »

Rog, may I please ask who / where did the head gasket work, and what the cause of failure was? :)

Who. A small local independant garage that does all of my work.

http://www.wrightwaygarage-london.co.uk/

Why ? I really don't know. I just know that there was a dribble of water running out of the side of the engine block. If the garage tell me that it's a head gasket, then I am in no position to argue. I also had a compete cam kit done at the same time, silly not to. My view is that the previous owner was a funeral director, and it is low miles for the year, so I would guess that it had not been driven hard at all. Then I do a few long trips at motorway speeds (not boy racer!) and the gasket didn't like it. Not a very scientific rationale, but hey. But it's been fine since, and I've done a couple of trips to France.

Like I said, it's certainly not perfect, and if my MV6 hadn't come along I would not be selling. A bit of DIY and TLC and its an OK car.

Rog

« Reply #3 on: 27 July 2013, 10:38:22 »

Car sold now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.