Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: is OOF going to have a stand @ this years PVS 2012????  (Read 2811 times)

Zippy2012

• Intermediate Member
  • Worcester uk
    • 99,3.0 MV6 Est Ex Police
    • View Profile

I was just wondering if the Administrators or "top posters" of the OOF were thinking of having a stand at this years

2012 performance vauxhall show????

GMASTERT will be there in the drift taxi omegas!!

as from one of the other posts about ths forums lack of fun etc etc & lack of national group meets...

what a great day out to spend with other members & view other fast vauxhalls...???

the monza carlton senitor omega & now the insignia were vauxhalls rivel to the other manufactures flagship models!!

wouldnt it be great to show off the best clean & imaculate exsamples & modifyed omegas from the forum...????

We all apreciate our omegas & spend good money keeping them going! "yes they cost a fkin fortune to run unless a tdi or on lpg!" "a bastard to service & repair" so why dont we show them off & show people that they arnt just oap taxis used for dragging caravans that people from all ages uses theres for more than that....  :-\

Also on my facebook account ive "liked" Total Vauxhall & they have asked to be notifyed of large meets of all types of vauxhalls for a photo shoot & poss magazine write up... so if not this show maybe if we can arrange a large meet & get the forum recignised!!!  :y

what do you guys recon???  :y :y :y
should we try & get a stand sorted???
& also who is already going...???

Zippy2012

• Intermediate Member
  • Worcester uk
    • View Profile
Re: is OOF going to have a stand @ this years PVS 2012????
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2012, 02:46:38 »

Oh & if you viewed this thread say why you viewed it???

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2012, 08:13:41 »

Read out of interest, OOF has never had a big into these kinda shows. The odd member goes, but as a whole most are not interested in modifying or "performance looks". Unless they are having a mid-life crisis  :-X  ;D

Of course some will reply to this thread saying I mod, but I don't think we would have enough interest from the member base.

Our meets tend to be focused on taking on work on members cars, usually at a campsite!

omega3000

« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2012, 08:37:43 »

Just seen its at santa pod so i could be interested in going , always liked the modifying scene whatever car it is but mainly what effort people put into their pride and joy . Never been to the vx one so would be interesting to see in the flesh what folks have done ..maybe the odd monaro to see as well  :P

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 May 2012, 08:59:09 »

Just read the post out of interest....sadly, my Miggy is in the 'OAP taxi' class ;D

I very much doubt if I would attend, as fast cars are not my scene...but ... any member that organises a meet wherever and whenever, gets the thumbs up from me :y
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 May 2012, 11:08:40 »

Not sure if we qualify for a stand because we aren't an official club :-\ i.e. We don't pay a membership fee

I could be wrong though ;)

As for me... Much as I'd love to say "Yes, I'll be along" but I know it won't happen. I have too much going on at the moment and what spare money I can muster is being put towards either upgrades or travel for the other big meets :y

Should have added... It's not really my scene either
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 May 2012, 11:15:26 »

Read out of interest, OOF has never had a big into these kinda shows. The odd member goes, but as a whole most are not interested in modifying or "performance looks". Unless they are having a mid-life crisis  :-X  ;D

Of course some will reply to this thread saying I mod, but I don't think we would have enough interest from the member base.

Our meets tend to be focused on taking on work on members cars, usually at a campsite!

Most Omega owners are too old for a mid-life crisis, Mr Tunnie. ::) ::) ;)

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 May 2012, 11:17:06 »

he is young

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 May 2012, 11:34:47 »

he is young

Yes ...young, tall, dark-haired, and handsome......makes you sick, don't it ;D ;D

Did not have 'fast cars' when I was young, so I am afraid it passed me by. :y
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 May 2012, 20:31:48 »

he is young

Yes ...young, tall, dark-haired, and handsome......makes you sick, don't it ;D ;D

Did not have 'fast cars' when I was young, so I am afraid it passed me by. :y

Crikey terbert, my old moggy 1000 'woody' did well over a Ton with the wind behind it back in the day!  :D
Used to take my breath away it stayed on the road!, until the day it didn't & I turned it into a 'convertible' :o Happy Days though!!! ;D :y
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
  • 2008 BMW E61 535D LCi M Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23 May 2012, 20:43:00 »

I'm going to PVS and my car will be on the ABS stand.  I really don't understand why more OOFers don't support ABS.  They are a long standing enthusiasts club, built on the fans of the Omega's predecessors.  These older cars are slowly disappearing, and without the support of the newer models, the club will struggle to keep going in the long term. 

I know alot of us joined ABS to get the trade club discount card, but there is a whole lot more to the club than that.  It's not all about the Lotus Carltons!

Just my thoughts...  :-\
It doesn't matter how far you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23 May 2012, 20:59:25 »

OOF is not a VBOA affliated club, and nor do we want to be until those dinosaurs join the modern world.  So we can't have a stand.

I rarely miss the local ABS meets, ABS is a good club with an interesting magazine (usually), and access to TC.

Personally, I won't be going to PVS, with ABS or any other club, is it doesn't interest me...
Grumpy old man

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 23 May 2012, 21:09:10 »

I myself liked the idea of Us (OOF) having our own stand at Billing  :y
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Zippy2012

• Intermediate Member
  • Worcester uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 24 May 2012, 00:44:57 »

im debating weather to go or not its on sunday 10th of june if anybody wondered at santa pod, here is the link if interested...

http://www.performancevauxhallshow.co.uk

i know what twiglet means, abs is about all high end performance german saloons & the omega has a right to be there with the LCs M5s AMG mercs etc etc

i use to know james waddington i think he set up abs in the uk or megaomega...? may be wrong but going back 6years+ when i had my M 1994 irmscher factory built omega saloon, it was a local dealers showroom car to show what parts were available from irmscher & had everything in the cataloge fitted!! was an awesome car & he helped me back then with knowlage on repairs etc, anyway i know the "drive it like you stole it" style of driving wont be to everyones tastes etc & some of the older generation love there luxury crusers, i was 23 when i bought my 1st omega & i really wanted a 3.0 24v senitor or carlton but even in 2003 was hard to find a good one... but a 94 mig with 60k on clock for £1250 on a part ex to clear! reduced from £1950! was too good to miss!! atleast because it had £2000 worth of irmscher goodies fitted to it!!

but even now driving around i hardly ever see a carlton 24v or a senitor 24v? & all i seem to see omega wise is facelift models norm in silver...?? so the early pre/mfl ones must be getting rarer?? anyway i think it would be great if we could get as many cars together within a reasonable distance from across the uk for a huge meet maybe gaydon?? or gridlock a services somewhere?? & maybe have a total vauxhall mag rep/photographer there to show that the omega is a kind of forgotten gem in the vauxhall history...??

could even have a charity run from fk knows to god knows where?? range of about 50miles because yes these migs arnt good on fuel!! & we all need to get home..

at mo im undecided because on the sat 2nd june im off to watch the british drift championship in norfolk as 1 of my best mates came 2nd in the pro class!! its an awesome day out if you missed it check out motors tv sky413 & look out for MARC HUXLEY! in an old toyota corolla
maybe some of you may enjot that?? just thinking of other things we could all meet up for...??
but hope to see a few of you this sunday @ the plank & leggit notts??

Zippy2012

• Intermediate Member
  • Worcester uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 24 May 2012, 00:46:33 »

oh also 157 views 13 replys come on guys & girls add your thorts to the list of things you would like to do/meet up for??
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.