Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Extinction Rebellion  (Read 6786 times)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: Extinction Rebellion
« Reply #15 on: 17 April 2019, 13:07:56 »

In school during the early seventies the prediction was that another ice age was inevitable.

Yes, and in the 1960's as I remember.  So was the prediction that Earth's magnetic field would change polarity, with no one then knowing what would happen to the electrics of the day.

Just imagine the panic now in the hi tech world if the poles reversed! :o :o :D ;)

I think with Brexit they might, a few I work with are already planning to move back

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 17 April 2019, 14:37:37 »

In school during the early seventies the prediction was that another ice age was inevitable.

Yes, and in the 1960's as I remember.  So was the prediction that Earth's magnetic field would change polarity, with no one then knowing what would happen to the electrics of the day.

Just imagine the panic now in the hi tech world if the poles reversed! :o :o :D ;)

I think with Brexit they might, a few I work with are already planning to move back

Oh, very good!! ;D ;D ;D ;D :y

STEMO

« Reply #17 on: 17 April 2019, 16:31:02 »

If they carry on blocking London for much longer, HGV's with cow catchers should be deployed. Scoop 'em all up and straight to landfill. What a delicious irony. Captured by a smoke belching wagon and left to rot, causing lots of greenhouse gases.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 17 April 2019, 16:35:52 »

Shooting would be far more efficient although I would settle for a water cannon...
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #19 on: 17 April 2019, 16:52:33 »

I watched an Asian woman, some kind of international busy body, on the news before. She was explaining why they were at it and urging people to join them. Of course I thought "What is it about our country that attracts these people?" WTF don't you go and sit in the middle of the road in your own country? The answer, obviously, is because my previous suggestion would be implemented immediately. Patronising bitch.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 17 April 2019, 17:34:36 »

Or it could be that only the first world countries can make the changes.

We are the ones screwing up the planet with our unfettered consumption. Arent we ( you) selfish?! ;D
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 17 April 2019, 17:35:10 »

Wasn't the last one caused by prehistoric man making too much use of this Range Rover?
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #22 on: 17 April 2019, 17:47:42 »

We are the ones screwing up the planet with our unfettered consumption. Arent we ( you) selfish?! ;D
Why didn't she land on the shores of the US, China or India? They're the biggest polluters. No, she came here because we're fickin stupid enough to allow every protester to clog up our roads and glue themselves to whatever they fancy.

I despair of this country in so many ways.

STEMO

« Reply #23 on: 17 April 2019, 17:53:47 »

And the part that pisses me off most is that they tell us they're gonna do it in advance. Go on arsebook, name the time and place, bring you own butties/shackles/glue/snotty nosed brats and we're off. Tw**s.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 17 April 2019, 18:02:02 »

Why didn't she land on the shores of the US, China or India? They're the biggest polluters. No, she came here because we're fickin stupid enough to allow every protester to clog up our roads and glue themselves to whatever they fancy.

Cannot disagree there. Problem is without people protesting we would still be sending men and boys down coal mines to get coal to make electricity. Change for the better has to start somewhere. You cannot argue against ecological collapse .  One other point is the extinction rebellion movement started in the uk.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

« Reply #25 on: 17 April 2019, 18:03:52 »

Cannot disagree there. Problem is without people protesting we would still be sending men and boys down coal mines to get coal to make electricity. Change for the better has to start somewhere. You cannot argue against ecological collapse .  One other point is the extinction rebellion movement started in the uk.
Why am I not surprised at that?
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the extinction bit.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 17 April 2019, 18:10:07 »

Wasn't the last one caused by prehistoric man making too much use of this Range Rover?

No TB. It was due to the mammoths farting and belching, and that is why man wiped them out; early environmental action!! :D :D :D ;)

(Joking of course before anyone starts on this comment!!) ;D ;D ;D :)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 17 April 2019, 18:28:05 »

I listened to some woman on the radio yesterday morning who was so excited and inspired by all this that she flew in from the U.S. to join the protest. She didn't see the irony or hypocrisy in her actions.
Fickin cretin.  ;D ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #28 on: 17 April 2019, 18:28:53 »

I listened to some woman on the radio yesterday morning who was so excited and inspired by all this that she flew in from the U.S. to join the protest. She didn't see the irony or hypocrisy in her actions.
Fickin cretin.  ;D ::)
A cretin amongst equals.  ;D

aaronjb

« Reply #29 on: 17 April 2019, 20:03:19 »

Didn't some of them glue themselves to the DLR?

You know, the electric, public, mass transport system.

The kind of thing they want us to give up our cars for.

Which they stopped from running.

The retards.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.