Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Environmental Politiical Thread - Ex HS2  (Read 4274 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Environmental Politiical Thread - Ex HS2
« Reply #30 on: 27 August 2019, 18:09:52 »

I think you lost the moral high ground when you accused him of being twisted, and then immediately compared him to Hitler.  ::) ;D
I'm in good company, as I know LZ has called me Hitler before ;D

Hitler had some good ideas, and ones which I know the Farage Believers here would agree with.  Trouble is, he will be more remembered, rightly, for some not so great ideas he pursued with staggering efficiency.
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 27 August 2019, 18:10:32 »

A fire started by a broken bottle thrown from a car is arguably as 'man made' as one deliberately started in order to clear land.

The trouble with south America, demand is infinitely higher to produce export beef than timber. The break even point of harvesting the timber instead of burning it is clearly a lot higher than that of cattle both in terms of initial and production costs.

Clearing the rainforest in order to create grazing land is short sighted, but has to be better than simply covering the place in concrete... I would suggest that the grasses grown for feed could be engineered to be fast growing and more carbon dioxide absorbent thereby helping to offset the effect of deforestation...

Yes, correct, and of course I accept for us in Britain to dictate to Brazil what they do for the sake of their economy is very hypocritical, as many centuries ago we had forests covering our land. We also decided to clear it for agriculture and lumber, to build more ships and houses, but, of course, we have got the excuse that back in the day we knew nothing about protecting the environment for the sake of the World! :P :D :D ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 27 August 2019, 18:16:48 »

I think you lost the moral high ground when you accused him of being twisted, and then immediately compared him to Hitler.  ::) ;D
I'm in good company, as I know LZ has called me Hitler before ;D

Hitler had some good ideas, and ones which I know the Farage Believers here would agree with.  Trouble is, he will be more remembered, rightly, for some not so great ideas he pursued with staggering efficiency.

:o :o :o :o  I have not, and would never (dare) to say that about you TB! ::) ::) :P :P ;D ;D ;)

Yes, and he did what the likes of Jeremy Corbyn would love to do; spend billions of Reichsmarks that Germany did not have and could only recoup by the acquisition of other countries - in Corbyn's case , the banking system and our public pockets!! ;D ;D ;D ;)

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 27 August 2019, 19:55:39 »

How can it be beneficial to "leftie charlatans" (not really sure what that means either!!) to continue with the drive to make our factories, and the rest, more environmental friendly, let alone closing many "dirty" ones, which will continue to cost jobs (rather a right wing policy to increase profits) ?  Arthur Scargill certainly did not care a damn about that!!  Have I got that wrong? ??? ???  ;D ;D ;)

"Leftie charlatans" is my term du jour for what a number of commentators refer to as "watermelons" (green on the outside, red on the inside). Essentially, such folk want to get rid of nation state powers in favour of a globalist bureaucratic cabal. These are not just lefties, but true Marxists who feel that the West is too rich and that our wealth and capitalist system should be stripped, to be replaced with a far-left new world order. The climate bandwagon is the one they chose as one of the best vehicles to achieve this.

Take these three genuine quotes:

"We need to get some broad based support, to capture the public's imagination... So we have to offer up scary scenarios, make simplified, dramatic statements and make little mention of any doubts... Each of us has to decide what the right balance is between being effective and being honest."
- Prof. Stephen Schneider, Stanford Professor of Climatology, lead author of many IPCC reports

and:

"No matter if the science of global warming is all phony...climate change provides the greatest opportunity to bring about justice and equality in the world."
- Christine Stewart, former Canadian Minister of the Environment

and:

"The only way to get our society to truly change is to frighten people with the possibility of a catastrophe."
- emeritus professor Daniel Botkin

Notice the common theme?  ???

Now, don't get me wrong, I was concerned about the environment long before this current craze and have lobbied locally to save trees and protect green spaces. I am also appalled by the amount of fly-tipping and littering that goes on. (The plastic in the oceans is essentially the aquatic result of these two behaviours).

However, I do not believe that global governance, directed by a cabal of the rich (look up The Club of Rome), is in any way an answer to theses issues. In any event, I am more concerned about the prospect of another Dalton Minimum. With the recent castration of our energy grid, we could be in deep do-do. I notice, for example that, wind power was contributing just over 2% of our needs today and coal generation came back online. If anyone thinks we could manage a severe cold spell, they are living in cloud-cuckoo land. >:(     

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 27 August 2019, 21:09:40 »

Thanks for the explanation Migalot 8) :y

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 27 August 2019, 21:14:16 »

Thanks for the explanation Migalot 8) :y

My pleasure.  :y
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.