Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Politics: Next Prime Minister  (Read 3976 times)

Martin_1962

Politics: Next Prime Minister
« on: 15 September 2006, 11:26:21 »

So Tony Blair is being pushed, however it was him who made his party electable.

Who do you think will replace him or should replace him?

This is a discussion not a soap box. No personal insults.

Personally I am scared at the prospect of some of these being a PM.

I want no blatant insults of PMs current or ex, calling them useless is OK but no personal insults please!

Martin_1962

Re: Politics: Next Prime Minister
« Reply #1 on: 15 September 2006, 11:27:34 »

And I have no need of saying this - no hounding on personal politics, we live in a Democracy and are lucky to have the freedom.

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 September 2006, 11:41:23 »

Tunnie for prime minister is that what happens with 2000 posts
Retired

STMO123

« Reply #3 on: 15 September 2006, 11:46:29 »

Couldn't you think of enough candidates to start a poll, Martin? ;D

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #4 on: 15 September 2006, 11:56:42 »

Couldn't you think of enough candidates to start a poll, Martin? ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D

Used to be very politically active in my uni days, not now. So no comment from me.  ;)
« Last Edit: 15 September 2006, 11:56:55 by Markiec »
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 September 2006, 12:04:04 »

Thanks Pete!!  ;)

If i get elected, no income tax for you!  :D

Seriously though I do feel sorry for Tony, overall I think he has done a good job. Compared to what the convservates put up for election in the past have been a joke, as some could apply for OAP bus passes.

He said this was his last term, and that should have been enough. I belive he should not get pushed out like this, however it looks like he needs to name a date now to shut them up.

As for his replacement? - Well at least the conservatives have a leader who at least looks like he could be a PM, he just needs to get his policys in order, and there is a good chance he could be the next PM.

Personally I don't think Brown will last, he will just be a stop gap between Tony and his replacement. Brown has done a good job as chancellor of the exchecker, (or however you spell it) and i think he should keep to that.

I doubt the country will ever let fatboy be PM, you know who i mean.  ;)
« Last Edit: 15 September 2006, 12:04:51 by tunnie »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 September 2006, 12:47:47 »

Thanks Pete!!  ;)

Seriously though I do feel sorry for Tony, overall I think he has done a good job. Compared to what the convservates put up for election in the past have been a joke, as some could apply for OAP bus passes.

He said this was his last term, and that should have been enough. I belive he should not get pushed out like this, however it looks like he needs to name a date now to shut them up.

As for his replacement? - Well at least the conservatives have a leader who at least looks like he could be a PM, he just needs to get his policys in order, and there is a good chance he could be the next PM.

Personally I don't think Brown will last, he will just be a stop gap between Tony and his replacement. Brown has done a good job as chancellor of the exchecker, (or however you spell it) and i think he should keep to that.

You having a go at Maggie? She's my hero  ;D

No comment from me...
Grumpy old man

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 September 2006, 13:05:05 »

Mark, then he could provide free tax, insurance and petrol for Omega owners.

....and carry on giving superb engineering advice as well.
I like red cars

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15 September 2006, 13:25:16 »

I would also raise the speed limit on the motorways and only allow rear wheel drive cars on.

Caravans and lorries would only be able to use the roads during the hours of darkness, for 20mins, on Tuesday....the 29th Feb....

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15 September 2006, 13:35:42 »

I would also raise the speed limit on the motorways and only allow rear wheel drive cars on.

Caravans and lorries would only be able to use the roads during the hours of darkness, for 20mins, on Tuesday....the 29th Feb....

HMMMMM you had my vote then went weak by giving them 20 minutes!!!!  ;D
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Martin_1962

« Reply #10 on: 15 September 2006, 13:48:42 »

OI if everyone has RWD cars there will be no problems towing caravans!!!!

Martin_1962

« Reply #11 on: 15 September 2006, 13:52:26 »

Thanks Pete!!  ;)

Well stated - however we can be as rude as we like about fatboy!

I personally reckon it will descend into a general election and David Cameron will get in.

I would go as far as saying he will be next PM.

In Labour only John Reid has the heavyweightness to beat Gordon Brown, but he has come out with total nonsense over NHS dentistry (chatted to my dentist about this),

Martin_1962

« Reply #12 on: 15 September 2006, 13:54:49 »

Thanks Pete!!  ;)

You having a go at Maggie? She's my hero  ;D

No comment from me...

I think he means Michael Howard - who TBH was getting on a bit. If the Conservatives had wanted power they should have got in Ken Clarke instead of Ian and Duncan Smith. I think Tony Blair deserves retirement - running the country is no walk in the park - look how he has aged.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 15 September 2006, 14:12:49 »

Someone said last night on TV that if Tony Blair stays on for 10 years or more his pension will be £81,000 a year whereas if he goes before the ten years are up then he will have to manage on the paltry sum of £53,000 a year. Big incentive methinks for him to stay a while longer regardless of what anyone else thinks or says.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 15 September 2006, 14:14:54 »

And if John Reid is the caliber of the next PM God help us and the UK.

Having had the personal misfortune to speak in a one to one situation with him several years ago as part of a uni project ( he was our local MP) the thought of him running the country.......or as it is, currently helping run the country  :o :-X
« Last Edit: 15 September 2006, 14:15:29 by Markiec »
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.