Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: [WANTED] NCDC 2015 + Nokia phone module.  (Read 2884 times)

Dany

• Belgium
    • View Profile
[WANTED] NCDC 2015 + Nokia phone module.
« on: 19 July 2010, 23:16:30 »

Hi all!

As said, if anyone has an "useless" NCDC 2015 headunit and a Nokia phone module designed for the glovebox (with a part of loom and connector), cheap, I'm a buyer...

Thanks all!

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
Re: [WANTED] NCDC 2015 + Nokia phone module.
« Reply #1 on: 19 July 2010, 23:24:37 »

In all honesty Telematics is useable but not a patch on a modern handset.

Look on ebay.de for one but be sure that it's worth spending the money on when a second hand Nokia 6310i and Nokia Cark91 will give you a far better solution for less money.

Also consider that while the Telematics is as far as I can tell a proper GSM 900Mhz spec 8W device it does not cover the other bandwidths (1800Mhz etc) that the service providers now often use to fill in certain cells of high useage or poor 900Mhz coverage. I think Kevin Wood may be able to confirm or deny this  ;)

Dany

• Belgium
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 July 2010, 23:40:30 »

ErrrRRRRfff.... I have not thought about all this...! I have just seen this on the manual and I found it interesting, also for the SMS support. Moreover, I have now a NCDC 2013 that not read the half of my music CD's, don't know why...

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 July 2010, 02:55:34 »

ErrrRRRRfff.... I have not thought about all this...! I have just seen this on the manual and I found it interesting, also for the SMS support. Moreover, I have now a NCDC 2013 that not read the half of my music CD's, don't know why...

If they are not original CD's, that till be the reason why. )They dont like CDR's for too long - ruins the laser)
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Dany

• Belgium
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 July 2010, 17:00:41 »

If they are not original CD's, that till be the reason why. )They dont like CDR's for too long - ruins the laser)

Now I know why... I only use CDr's lol

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 July 2010, 19:23:47 »

The Nokia unit is a high power device, not sure what, but I can hold a conversation in my road on vodafone, which I can't with a handheld phone.

Dany - do your homework about how pairing etc works on these, else you'll end up with a brick.  And don't use CDRs!
Grumpy old man

Dany

• Belgium
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 July 2010, 19:32:39 »

The Nokia unit is a high power device, not sure what, but I can hold a conversation in my road on vodafone, which I can't with a handheld phone.

Dany - do your homework about how pairing etc works on these, else you'll end up with a brick.  And don't use CDRs!

First I need the device! I have just found one on German Ebay for 40 Euros, end in 3hrs...

Then I need a part of loom and the 32pins connector (I have only the 18pins one behind my glovebox...) AND wiring diagrams to know how to connect all that! I don't have found a "how to" on OOF, but hope someone helps when I will have the module in hands...

Just a clarification, and maybe a silly question but... I know I need a new SIM card but can I conserve my actual phone number or need a new number only for the car? When someone will ring me, what happens?

Thank you all again  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 July 2010, 19:38:13 »

First I need the device! I have just found one on German Ebay for 40 Euros, end in 3hrs...

Then I need a part of loom and the 32pins connector (I have only the 18pins one behind my glovebox...) AND wiring diagrams to know how to connect all that! I don't have found a "how to" on OOF, but hope someone helps when I will have the module in hands...

Just a clarification, and maybe a silly question but... I know I need a new SIM card but can I conserve my actual phone number or need a new number only for the car? When someone will ring me, what happens?

Thank you all again  :y
The one you buy MUST be depaired.  If not, it is no good and cannot be used.

As to SIM, depends what your mobile provider can do, as that varies from telco to telco, but here in the UK, very few contracts allow 2 SIMs on one number.
Grumpy old man

Dany

• Belgium
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 July 2010, 19:45:20 »

It's this one...
http://cgi.befr.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290453101220&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:BE:1123

Never seen 2 SIMs cards contracts for one number here in Belgium... But I will ask my provider!
So, when you receive a call, your car and your sell phone rings together? If it's the case, can you answer only with your sell phone and disable the car? (to have more intimity when you are not alone on the road, for example)  ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20 July 2010, 19:46:49 »

It's this one...
http://cgi.befr.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290453101220&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:BE:1123

Never seen 2 SIMs cards contracts for one number here in Belgium... But I will ask my provider!
So, when you receive a call, your car and your sell phone rings together? If it's the case, can you answer only with your sell phone and disable the car? (to have more intimity when you are not alone on the road, for example)  ;)
I believe one has priority, so if that is on and in range, that is the one that rings. But that may vary by provider.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20 July 2010, 19:48:01 »

Does it say its depaired? If not, its not much use.

You will need to also tech2 your NCDC, the CD Changer ECU and the display as well.
Grumpy old man

Dany

• Belgium
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20 July 2010, 19:52:50 »

Google translation:
"The unit has been professionally Unmarried with TECH 2 and can be fitted to another vehicle". So I believe yes ^^.

I know for Tech2 the NCDC and the CID but there is another ECU for the CD changer? The one on the headunit?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 20 July 2010, 20:02:35 »

Google translation:
"The unit has been professionally Unmarried with TECH 2 and can be fitted to another vehicle". So I believe yes ^^.

I know for Tech2 the NCDC and the CID but there is another ECU for the CD changer? The one on the headunit?
Sounds like its depaired :y

Yes, the NCDC and its (integrated) CD Changer are logically 2 seperate items
Grumpy old man

Dany

• Belgium
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 20 July 2010, 21:26:12 »

Wierd thing... I will ask my Opel dealer for that, but I suppose he knows his job! I have to install the module first, but I need wiring diagrams... Can you help me for that? Do you already done this job before?

markspark

• Bolton
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 20 July 2010, 21:32:22 »

Back to the sim cards dany what i do is have 2 numbers the car one and my handheld one and i just divert all calls off the handheld to the car when im out in the car

Dany

• Belgium
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 20 July 2010, 21:45:26 »

Back to the sim cards dany what i do is have 2 numbers the car one and my handheld one and i just divert all calls off the handheld to the car when im out in the car

I suppose it's a provider service that you have to ask?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 20 July 2010, 21:48:13 »

Wierd thing... I will ask my Opel dealer for that, but I suppose he knows his job! I have to install the module first, but I need wiring diagrams... Can you help me for that? Do you already done this job before?
Enough details in TIS to rig it up :y.
Grumpy old man

Dany

• Belgium
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 20 July 2010, 21:52:18 »

Don't have it...  :'(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 20 July 2010, 22:05:19 »

Don't have it...  :'(
I'm sure somebody can post up the relevant details...
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 20 July 2010, 22:35:27 »

Errr, think I once said i'd write a guide for this  :-[

I've done the wiring schematic but never got round to writing the guide  :-[ ::)

When i'm next home i'll post up the details  :y

Dany

• Belgium
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 20 July 2010, 23:24:43 »

Errr, think I once said i'd write a guide for this  :-[

I've done the wiring schematic but never got round to writing the guide  :-[ ::)

When i'm next home i'll post up the details  :y

Cheers mate, I'm waiting for it  :)
The auction is ended and I have won the module for 40 Euros, don't know if the seller will send it with the connector and loom...
« Last Edit: 20 July 2010, 23:25:29 by moudufond »

feeutfo

« Reply #21 on: 21 July 2010, 01:39:03 »

Bit late but personally I'd prefer the 2013 set up with blutooth car kit, which I don't have yet.
With telematics installed with my 2015 the phone info takes priority over the gps info of the 2013 in the top panel of the display on my CID, so if the gps drops out as it some times does, you can't tell and drive on unaware as it's busy displaying phone signal and provider instead.

The gps info is more pleasing on the eye in the display, the glove box is full of telematics so useless for anything except pens and keys, unless you do as The Boy did and extend the loom to mount it in the Bose shelf in the boot, or you will need a telematics glove box with the moulding to mount the unit in.

Telematics phone works well, but I simply never use it except for the Mrs to ring me when she knows I'm in the car, pay as you go sim has had no credit for ages and I can't be arsed to load any numbers on it anyway. So I use the mobile via its own speaker phone which is poor and means I have to slow to 50 in lane one to be heard and mute everything on the head unit and often turn off the ac. I need a bt car kit, which I would think, sounds like the best solution.

And I thought service providers charge for diverting calls? So you pay of someone rings you, if remembering to divert it each time driving the car...no?

No body really rings me anyway tbh, which suits me, but i would make more calls in the car if I had a car kit I suspect. :-/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 21 July 2010, 21:10:43 »

Bit late but personally I'd prefer the 2013 set up with blutooth car kit, which I don't have yet.
With telematics installed with my 2015 the phone info takes priority over the gps info of the 2013 in the top panel of the display on my CID, so if the gps drops out as it some times does, you can't tell and drive on unaware as it's busy displaying phone signal and provider instead.

The gps info is more pleasing on the eye in the display, the glove box is full of telematics so useless for anything except pens and keys, unless you do as The Boy did and extend the loom to mount it in the Bose shelf in the boot, or you will need a telematics glove box with the moulding to mount the unit in.

Telematics phone works well, but I simply never use it except for the Mrs to ring me when she knows I'm in the car, pay as you go sim has had no credit for ages and I can't be arsed to load any numbers on it anyway. So I use the mobile via its own speaker phone which is poor and means I have to slow to 50 in lane one to be heard and mute everything on the head unit and often turn off the ac. I need a bt car kit, which I would think, sounds like the best solution.

And I thought service providers charge for diverting calls? So you pay of someone rings you, if remembering to divert it each time driving the car...no?

No body really rings me anyway tbh, which suits me, but i would make more calls in the car if I had a car kit I suspect. :-/
Billy No Mates :P

I have the Telematics and a Nokia bluetooth kit, run through a homemade mixer/matcher...
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 21 July 2010, 21:14:01 »

This thread has pic of telematics in Bose shelf (along with external CD Changer, as its from my prefacelift, so no CD Changer in head unit)

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1223312555/0
« Last Edit: 21 July 2010, 21:14:10 by TheBoy »
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 21 July 2010, 21:31:02 »

Billy No Mates :P

I have the Telematics and a Nokia bluetooth kit, run through a homemade mixer/matcher...

Similar setup here, Nokia CK-7W with cradle (prefer to have the handset fixed and charging) and the Telematics and a mini line amp to balance the input.

feeutfo

« Reply #25 on: 22 July 2010, 11:54:35 »

Although, the SOS button is handy for ringing the emergency services, cones, exhaust parts and pedestrians in lane 3 of the m4 all needed quick reporting to police.

How does 2013 manage that function with the bt kit? Out of interest?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 22 July 2010, 21:32:01 »

Although, the SOS button is handy for ringing the emergency services, cones, exhaust parts and pedestrians in lane 3 of the m4 all needed quick reporting to police.

How does 2013 manage that function with the bt kit? Out of interest?
It doesn't. There is no integration between any bt kit and the ncdc (except ncdc is used to route audio through speakers)
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.